Smart UPS and amps/ avrs

if it is a back ups model it is not an online ups,online ups from apc are "smartups online" series, model number will start something like SURT

RS series is line interactive non sinewave model iirc

Actually you're right. Both the Back UPS and SMART UPS models are not online models. Only the SMART UPS ONLINE model is actually an online Ups (And I had great difficulty finding it on the APC website)! I will correct my post to reflect this info.

A similar model protects my PC (Back-UPS1500 + extra battery). It is perfectly sufficient, and gets me through power cuts of over two hours without having to shut down.

On the other hand, my small Back-UPS500 (small and old) will not keep my Cyrus amp powered on through a power cut! It is more sensitive than a computer! The cassette deck and cd player keep on playing, but the amp shuts down. I have not tried it on the bigger, newer BACK-UPS1500 as they are too far apart.

If it suits the equipment, it suits. If it doesn't it doesn't. I have a Belkin surge protector for the amp+etc --- but it would be nice to have a UPS too.

contentedbloke, sometimes, with our Chennai voltages as you mention, the UPS cuts in, and the low voltage goes on just too long for the UPS ever to get charged. If I am to go on working (err, working? ;)) I have to give the UPS enough voltage, and I keep a stabiliser handy to do that. Glad to say that it hasn't happened for a few months: the power situation back in the summer was so bad I nearly bought a generator!

Apologies for being slightly off topic here.

Has anyone seen a online ups which can provide both 110V and 230V output simultaneously? This would avoid the need of step-down for equipments bought from US. I know many of the AV equipment bought in India runs on 110-230V so we may just run everything under 110V, but not sure if there is an energy efficiency factor for that.

There is another very long post here where a fellow member has explored many options and finally settled for an online ups http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...er-games-servo-stabilizer-cvt-online-ups.html

You may have to custom build one

i was once told by a friend in medical electronics field that there is one company in bangalore who does that. Their equipment(CT scan) need 110v and the usual solution with a 230v and a stepdown transformer didnt work for them

He swears by their quality and prefers them against MNC's

Do you want me to check the name of that co?

You may have to custom build one

i was once told by a friend in medical electronics field that there is one company in bangalore who does that. Their equipment(CT scan) need 110v and the usual solution with a 230v and a stepdown transformer didnt work for them

He swears by their quality and prefers them against MNC's

Do you want me to check the name of that co?

That would be wonderful if you can source that info.

Hi,

APC SURT series UPS is true online providing clean sinewave output with double convertion. and well suited for Audio application...Same series UPS are used with high end Bio medical equipment...

Venu

Last edited:
That would be wonderful if you can source that info.

i believe this is the company, he was talking about,
Genesis Power Equipments Limited - PRODUCTSONLINE UPSMEDICAL UPSISOLATION TRANSFORMER WITH HARMONIC FILTER FOR MEDICALCVT FOR OT LIGHTINGLINE INTERACTIVE UPSHOME UPSHOME UPS COMPARISON CHART HOME UPS MANUAL SOLAR INVERTERS INDUS
i was told they made 110v system for his scanning machines(high power),you can check if they will make one for you.(otherwise i am not aware if any other selling 110v systems in india)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back