Snapdeal.com Safe ?

techspark

Hi guys, i saw a deal on a mobile at snapdeal.com. The price difference is big and i would like to buy it. Is it safe to buy it from them. Has any1 bought any mobile from them before. How is the service? Do they provide vat bill?

Please let me know. I have very limited experience with online shopping. Have only bought stuff from ebay so far.

Thank you,

^^
I think they are selling it directly and there is cod available. But does snapdeal really sell products directly, afaik the site only has deals available from other online stores, correct me if i m wrong . And if they are selling it directly, do they do it via a dealer or they have their own warehouse :confused: and am concerned if they will send me a proper vat bill

And i feel really bad to say this, but i m not sure if the offer/price is for one piece or more , so i cannot send you the link :sad: Been looking around for this phone from the past 2 weeks and have come across this deal that has cod available at a discounted price. Once i go ahead with the deal or if i change my mind, i will most definitely post up the link here so that others can benefit as well.

Hope you understand.

No web site leave alone snap deal will make an offer for a limited set of mobile phones,so I really don't see any harm in sharing the link

I bought a HP laptop from there during the Diwali time. The price was fluctating 'cos of the dealers within a range. Got it for a good price (compared to all other sites and shops). So far, it is working properly. HP has acknowledged the product by extending the warranty and other freebies (offer).

Snapdeal also have a buyer protection plan similar to Ebay's Paisapay. I have not used this, but seems legit. The dealers have provided vat bills till date for all my purchases. And the prices are usually the best.

I have used it once, for a non-tech item, with COD. Experience was good. I'll use it again if I need/find something there.

I am regular buyer and have very good expereince of sd

Snapdeal also have a buyer protection plan similar to Ebay's Paisapay. I have not used this, but seems legit. The dealers have provided vat bills till date for all my purchases. And the prices are usually the best.

SAME HERE. I purchased a couple of items from there. Best prices .. pretty good difference in price from the market. I purchased my mobile, wifi router and a couple of other items from snapdeal. they offer COD on most of the items.

So, what is the benefit of COD?

1. Say, if you don't "like" the packed product can you return without any liability?
2. Or if you open in front of the delivery guy and don't "like" the product in looks or functioning (but can't prove the same to delvery guy), can you return without any liability?
3. Any other advantage?

Anyone faced the above scenarios?

Their Customer Care is pathetic. I have extremely poor experience with Snapdeal. Will not recommend it under any circumstances. Now I buy only from flipkart and infibeam ebay etc, even if the price is marginally high.

So, what is the benefit of COD?

1. Say, if you don't "like" the packed product can you return without any liability?
2. Or if you open in front of the delivery guy and don't "like" the product in looks or functioning (but can't prove the same to delvery guy), can you return without any liability?
3. Any other advantage?

Anyone faced the above scenarios?

1.Liking or not liking is a very relative term. I am not sure if you can return the product if you don't 'like' it. But obviously you can return the product if it is faulty/ defective/ not according to the order etc. and entitled to refund irrespective of your mode of payment.

2. I don't think you will be allowed to open the packet unless you have made the full payment.

3. Only advantage is that, snapdeal often delay in delivery and often cancel the order after many days. If you opt for COD and the product is delivered late, you can flatly refuse to accept it. No financial loss for you.

And if the product order is cancelled you don't have to wait for refund of the paid amount and snapdeal often take long time to make the refund.

Well.. I've had a very different experience with snapdeal. Have bought a lot of items ranging from mobiles, photo papers and even speakers including Polk Audio TSi200 (they were offering 25% off) & F&D W330BT, never had any problems. Items were always delivered on time!:rolleyes:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back