Solution for Blu-Ray Mismatch

balu_tigers

Im from pondicherry.im having a sony blu-ray player BDP-S360. recently i got the angels and demons bluray (All Region ABC),but its showing region code mismatch. player is with india region code.the bluray is two disc version,the special feature bluray is playing but the feature film bluray is not playing. Help me out guys.....

Since you told you are from pondy, could you please double check whether you have put the right side of the disc on the tray:) It is a combo disc???

Im from pondicherry.im having a sony blu-ray player BDP-S360. recently i got the angels and demons bluray (All Region ABC),but its showing region code mismatch. player is with india region code.the bluray is two disc version,the special feature bluray is playing but the feature film bluray is not playing. Help me out guys.....

does blu-ray comes in double sided version?????? i dont think so...... every blu-ray comes with label printed on one side.

Last edited:
im sure i put the right side. it not a dual sided it is a two disc version(one featuring film and other with special features). the blu-ray player(sony BDP-S360)is connected to my philips LED TV thru' DENON 2310 AV Receiver thru' HDMI.

Did you buy the Angels & Demons Blu-ray from India? Also is the player Region C?

I had the same problem with the Sony Playstation 3 and the Star Trek DVD which is supposed to be Region 2 and 5. For some reason My PS3 (Region 5/C) wouldn't play the disc.

Did you buy the Angels & Demons Blu-ray from India? Also is the player Region C?

I had the same problem with the Sony Playstation 3 and the Star Trek DVD which is supposed to be Region 2 and 5. For some reason My PS3 (Region 5/C) wouldn't play the disc.
PS3 doesn't seem to play DVD's which are both region 2 and 5. I've seen this with many DVD's.

Regarding the Angels & Demons, if you;ve got it from UK then it's region locked for B. If it's a Indian buy then you can ask for refund. US version seems to be region free.

Some blu ray players esp. Sony ones seem to have this problem of calling disks with the correct region too discarded. It could also be that the disk has an issue (wrong info printed). Try and call Sony service center or check with someone in Chennai who can verify the region encoded if he has a region free player.

never had these stupid problems in the days of VHS !!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Really tired of this Region Coding business.....I think we all should stop buying BDs to protest Region Coding.:mad:

Really tired of this Region Coding business.....I think we all should stop buying BDs to protest Region Coding.:mad:

Don't think that that is any solution and that ain't gonna work. Even the DVD's were region coded so in that case you need to throw away your DVD's too ;)

Sorry Balu,

Just made fun out of you..Pondy is famous for liquor... so linked it and mentioned whether you are influenced/full loaded with that while loading the disc..

What konfused is telling is right about the disc.... and also as venkat is telling dual side disc are available in Region A.... Already it was widely used for HD-DVD's.

Regards

Just faced the same problem for this disk I think. Bought a Pioneer BDP-450. Plays everything, not this. The package says region A/B/C. My PS3 plays this properly.

Also, for some strange reason, I think Pioneer has sold me a region A player, could it be a case where the disk is actually a region C disk but is mislabelled. However, why then wouldn't it play on the OP's player...

Any help would be appreciated.

- SS

There are a few BDs sold in India which are wrongly marked ABC, ie, region free. In reality, they're not. The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian is one such example. Regarding the pioneer BDP, are you sure it is really region free? Many players are sold as "Universal disc player" which simply means that they can play all disc formats such as BD, DVD-video, DVD-audio, SACD, CD, MP3, etc., etc. That does not mean that they are region unlocked which is a totally different thing.

Do blu ray discs have NTSC/ PAL ? I've heard that so long as the display is compatible the player doesnt have an issue ? Is this right ?

Do blu ray discs have NTSC/ PAL ? I've heard that so long as the display is compatible the player doesnt have an issue ? Is this right ?
The answer to that question is YES and NO. If you connect BDP to TV via Composite AV or Component AV, then NTSC/PAL comes into the picture. If you connect via HDMI, then that is not an issue.

But if your display device (typically TV) is multi-system, then it does not matter.

Just faced the same problem for this disk I think. Bought a Pioneer BDP-450. Plays everything, not this. The package says region A/B/C. My PS3 plays this properly.

Also, for some strange reason, I think Pioneer has sold me a region A player, could it be a case where the disk is actually a region C disk but is mislabelled. However, why then wouldn't it play on the OP's player...

Any help would be appreciated.

- SS

Where did you get the Pioneer BDP-450 from, in Kolkata, if you don't mind my asking? I tried looking for it too, but was told that the BDP-440 was only available. The Pio BDP-440 is glitchy even though it's PQ and SQ are impressive. Unfortunately, the player, a legal purchase with bill/Pio India warranty, is region locked to 5/C and has problems with the infamous "Star Trek" DVD as well. As does a Region 5 Locked Panasonic DVD player I tested the disc in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back