sonodyne 26% discount is back this season

Sonopdyne is back with 26% discount for 2014

Sonodyne has come up with 26% discount again this year...it will be effective from 24th Jan - 2nd Feb.

The discount is applicable only for Home Audio products. As per my knowledge all Avant, Sonus, Genie, and Roarr are considered here. May be they are considering IW series also into discount category.

As per the Sonodyne's website Residential products also included Opus and SRP series. Really intererested to know whether Sonodyne is considering their Opus range as Home Audio (for discount) or not :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Re: Sonopdyne is back with 26% discount for 2014

The Annual Republic Day Sale Is Back
Upto 26% Discount
Date- 24/01/2014 till 02/02/2014
Visit our Listening Rooms in South City Mall ,Kolkata and Mani Square Mall, Kolkata for the demonstration
Please contact 03340072296/03340603090/9830855257 for more details
*Existing Dealers- Please contact 9836520520 for participation and more details
*Offer available from direct showrooms in Kolkata only, and select dealers nationally, offer may vary from state to state.
*Offer valid till stocks last
*Conditions apply

Source: Sonodyne Facebook Page.

There must be option to buy online...everyone can't be from Calcutta..

*Offer available from direct showrooms in Kolkata only, and select dealers nationally, offer may vary from state to state.

As per the above note from the advertisement as well as from my earlier experiences, Sonodyne generally offers this discount from Calcutta showrooms only.

There is no such online purchase option.

But you can call the Calcutta showroom and book a product over phone and deposit the amount in the bank account of Sonodyne (most probably HDFC). In such cases the price will be MRP - 26% discount + 6 % delivery charges for delivery outside Calcutta.

You can contact and confirm the current rate of delivery charges from the showroom itself.

I just got a call from Bangalore Regional Sales people,,The Discount of 22% inclusive of shipping from calcutta for Sonodyne Products !

I just got a call from Bangalore Regional Sales people,,The Discount of 22% inclusive of shipping from calcutta for Sonodyne Products !

Contact Vinod : +91 9986395489 Bangalore

Re: Sonodyne is back with 26% discount for 2014

Can any one confirm whether Sonodyne is offering discounts on their active speakers range or not. Specially Opus and SRP series.

Last edited:

Is this offer only available in Kolkatta

Last year I bought Roarr210, Sonus R-ears V3 and Avant LCR 250. I transferred the amout to Sonodyne's bank a/c and they delivered the prduct to their Bangalore warehouse.

Even Bangalore warehouse delivered those products to my home without any extra charges. :)

Have read all there is on hfv regarding Sonodyne Sonus speakers.

Apart from one poster who said it sound like a temple ka samne wala horn speaker, others are generally favorable.

Others pointed out concerns in the looks dept but I am ambivalent and WAF is not a concern (given that these are FS and there is no question of any approval).

Also read a discussion on the VFM-ness of Sonodyne - as I see it the next step up is say a Denon amp + Wharfedale BS - an additional 16K INR outlay and therefore VFM.

So without having heard them tentatively decided to go ahead and spoke several times with the Kolkata showroom.

Finally I've got prices and bank transfer details by email. It is a flat 26% discount on items and a 8% freight charge (on value of ordered items).

I was however asked to call them before ordering. Turns out there is some requirement of a waybill. I know from having read about it on last years Sonodyne discount thread that it is not required and in fact not possible for me (no TIN number), meanwhile I am waiting for Sonodyne to figure out

and debating the (a) 310/ 2504 vs (b) 320/ 2605 combos.

My living room is 10 x 24 and has a door on all but the back wall, so it is not like anywhere near ideal. My source is itunes m4a played off a WD Tv live through a FiiO D3 DAC. This is my first (gulp) "serious" system

I am hoping that this amp/ spkr combo will show me the difference between the m4a and the flacs linn so generously allowed to download, to hear the voice and the bass on say "a Cottage for sale" (Flack) like I hear it in my head, or the coffin lid scrape satisfactorily at the end of Thriller (instead of sounding like the stop button on a tape to tape recording as it does on my current speakers).

It would help enormously in converting the wife, if say Raga Aberi or Pancha Nadai Pallavi sounded like a reasonable approximation of the real thing (she does not care for Eva Cassidy or Diana Kraal, at all)

I know that the Sonodyne amp are not in the least highly regarded but for the mo. it has to be sonodyne - for budget reasons.

The price difference between options (a) and (b) is 11K. I am inclined to think that (b) should be the way to go. Is that the right choice ?

ciao
gr

Last year I bought Roarr210, Sonus R-ears V3 and Avant LCR 250. I transferred the amout to Sonodyne's bank a/c and they delivered the prduct to their Bangalore warehouse.

Even Bangalore warehouse delivered those products to my home without any extra charges. :)

What was the cost of AVANT LCR ? LR & C separate?

What was the cost of AVANT LCR ? LR & C separate?

I forget the exact price what I paid last year. Roughly the MRP was 15-16K. So I paid around (16K * 0.77) for LCR250. I could remember, effectively discount was ~23%, as I paid 4% over discounted price.

Even if you go for 2504 and not 2605, do get the 320 amplifier. The difference in the 310 and 320 are none in terms of cosmetics, but I have heard both and will say the 320 has better SQ even if you keep aside that it is more powerful.

Have read all there is on hfv regarding Sonodyne Sonus speakers.

Apart from one poster who said it sound like a temple ka samne wala horn speaker, others are generally favorable.

Others pointed out concerns in the looks dept but I am ambivalent and WAF is not a concern (given that these are FS and there is no question of any approval).

Also read a discussion on the VFM-ness of Sonodyne - as I see it the next step up is say a Denon amp + Wharfedale BS - an additional 16K INR outlay and therefore VFM.

So without having heard them tentatively decided to go ahead and spoke several times with the Kolkata showroom.

Finally I've got prices and bank transfer details by email. It is a flat 26% discount on items and a 8% freight charge (on value of ordered items).

I was however asked to call them before ordering. Turns out there is some requirement of a waybill. I know from having read about it on last years Sonodyne discount thread that it is not required and in fact not possible for me (no TIN number), meanwhile I am waiting for Sonodyne to figure out

My living room is 10 x 24 and has a door on all but the back wall, so it is not like anywhere near ideal. My source is itunes m4a played off a WD Tv live through a FiiO D3 DAC. This is my first (gulp) "serious" system

I am hoping that this amp/ spkr combo will show me the difference between the m4a and the flacs linn so generously allowed to download, to hear the voice and the bass on say "a Cottage for sale" (Flack) like I hear it in my head, or the coffin lid scrape satisfactorily at the end of Thriller (instead of sounding like the stop button on a tape to tape recording as it does on my current speakers).

It would help enormously in converting the wife, if say Raga Aberi or Pancha Nadai Pallavi sounded like a reasonable approximation of the real thing (she does not care for Eva Cassidy or Diana Kraal, at all)

I know that the Sonodyne amp are not in the least highly regarded but for the mo. it has to be sonodyne - for budget reasons.

The price difference between options (a) and (b) is 11K. I am inclined to think that (b) should be the way to go. Is that the right choice ?

ciao
gr

2605 is a very good speaker.... But it needs good to very good amplification to sound best.... Any underppowered amplifier with it, you ae not going to take the full potential of it for sure.....

Now coming to the stereo amplifier, look @ Modern Onkyo stereo Amplifiers with digital inputs... (Onkyo TX 8050 & Onkyo TX 8020)... These will he better if you dont have a Dedicated CD player & will e playing sources digitally....

The reason i say that Onkyo TX 8050 will be better is that WD TV Media player is built to play most of the latest video codecs & not much emphasis on the DAC inside it.... Where as Onkyo TX8050 is a propoer stereo amplifier with reasonably good DAC inside...

Weigh your options & choose your amplifier... BTW if you decide on Onkyo TX 8050, get it from Dubai (Thru your friends or relatives)where you can get it for approx 23K as the Dubai shoppingfestival is still on...

2605 is a very good speaker.... But it needs good to very good amplification to sound best.... Any underppowered amplifier with it, you ae not going to take the full potential of it for sure.....

I think I understand what you mean somewhat better after I found this post

Look for an amplifier that has atleast 100W/channel in to 8 Ohms if you are considering Sonodyne 2605 (or) any other FS.......

So I went off looking for price lists and deals and though I had bust my budget quite comprehensively thought I had a solution in the Denon PMA-520AE (23K on the pro-fx price list). And then came across this post about the 520 which read
The Denon or the marantz Amp you mentioned may not satisfy your requirements, Further i dont think they can even drive entry level floor standers.​

I also read that underpowered amps can ruin speakers.

And am thoroughly undecided.

Could you please help me out with understanding this

1) Is the SiA - 320 which says "continuous power at clipping 8 ohm - 80w" in the spec sheets, underpowered as in [a] it will damage the Sonus 2605 floor standing speakers OR not allow the speaker to perform at its best but still deliver acceptable music ?

ciao
gr

I also read that underpowered amps can ruin speakers.

And am thoroughly undecided.

Could you please help me out with understanding this

1) Is the SiA - 320 which says "continuous power at clipping 8 ohm - 80w" in the spec sheets, underpowered as in [a] it will damage the Sonus 2605 floor standing speakers OR not allow the speaker to perform at its best but still deliver acceptable music ?

ciao
gr

Glad you read thru some posts/articles to get a hang of the subject....

Sonodyne SiA 320 is a decent amplifier....Continuos power should be around 60 - 70W/Channel...

(a) It will not damage the tweeter of Sonus 2605..... (b) It will deliver acceptable music

One of my colleague had Sonodyne Sia 320 + Sonus 2605 Combo & i spent a good time playing different flim music (Audio CD's) with it..... the combo was very good & to my liking.....The amp is good to produce acceptable music but more power would have given good authority to the speakers...

I have also paired the Sonus 2605 with NAD C326 (Same power as Sia 320)... I wouldn't hesitate to say that sia 320 was no match to NAD C326 authority.:eek:hyeah:

Glad you read thru some posts/articles to get a hang of the subject....

Sonodyne SiA 320 is a decent amplifier....Continuos power should be around 60 - 70W/Channel...

(a) It will not damage the tweeter of Sonus 2605..... (b) It will deliver acceptable music

One of my colleague had Sonodyne Sia 320 + Sonus 2605 Combo & i spent a good time playing different flim music (Audio CD's) with it..... the combo was very good & to my liking.....The amp is good to produce acceptable music but more power would have given good authority to the speakers...

I have also paired the Sonus 2605 with NAD C326 (Same power as Sia 320)... I wouldn't hesitate to say that sia 320 was no match to NAD C326 authority.:eek:hyeah:

As elango is mentioning the Sia 320 is an acceptable amplifier, not one of the great ones. I mentioned before that it is important to get the 320 over 310, and if you are considering the Sonus 2605 then 320 is a must. I second elango's advice a 100% and resoundingly at that, if you can ever pair the 2605 with a NAD, you will not go back to the Sia 320.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back