sonodyne 26% discount is back this season

Thanks elangoas, shibashis.

Woke up this morning with a clear decision in my head to walk over to the bank and transfer money to Sonodyne and lapse into a wait state till the 2605 arrives.

By the time I was finished with the drive to work, thought may be I can give it one more day and see if I can snag either of a couple of used NAD amps (a 320 and 372) I saw in classifieds last night.

edit: got a PM regarding the 372, which (expectedly) is well out of my budget.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Thanks elangoas, shibashis.

Woke up this morning with a clear decision in my head to walk over to the bank and transfer money to Sonodyne and lapse into a wait state till the 2605 arrives.

By the time I was finished with the drive to work, thought may be I can give it one more day and see if I can snag either of a couple of used NAD amps (a 320 and 372) I saw in classifieds last night.

edit: got a PM regarding the 372, which (expectedly) is well out of my budget.

ciao
gr

When i was using NAD C 326 (50W/Channel) with Sonus 2605, i couldnt go beyond 9 - 10'O Clock position on the amplifier... It was making the Sonus 2605 sing @ its best...

Something like the NAD C 356 would be an ideal fitment... Since the Sonus 2605 is 89db efficient, Any amplifier with 80 - 100W/Channel would be a good fit...

NAD 372 would fit well for any FS which are not very effcient (86db & Less)

You may also consider Yamaha stereo amplifier (Something like AX 497)

Best of luck Sound_cycle in your hunt for a NAD, if you find one after listening to the Sonus+NAD combo I am sure you will take me and elango out for dinner. elango had a NAD for sale himself a few months back, I could not pick it up then due to budget constraints and settled for the 320. I am happy, but I so wish I could get the NAD!

On a different note I bought the Roar 210 sub this evening, expecting delivery day after tomorrow. Oh the wait....

On a different note I bought the Roar 210 sub this evening, expecting delivery day after tomorrow. Oh the wait....

Oh I bought one on the 25th Saturday and they said they will deliver it by Monday eve or Tue. I could not wait and took myself the delivery from their Behala warehouse within an hour of purchase. :yahoo:

Congrats buddy...

Oh I bought one on the 25th Saturday and they said they will deliver it by Monday eve or Tue. I could not wait and took myself the delivery from their Behala warehouse within an hour of purchase. :yahoo:

Congrats on your new purchase.

Re: Sonopdyne is back with 26% discount for 2014

The NAD amps I found in classifieds did not work out.

One of my colleague had Sonodyne Sia 320 + Sonus 2605 Combo<snip>the combo was very good & to my liking<snip>sia 320 was no match to NAD C326 authority

So this is very good to know. I could go ahead and order.

However there is this point you make to to consider

Where as Onkyo TX8050 is a propoer stereo amplifier with reasonably good DAC inside

Will the FiiO DAC be good enough ? ? ?

Which makes me wonder if I should simply up the ante by 20K and get the PM 6005 from HFM. It is specced with a Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 45 W / 60 W, much lesser than the 80 - 100w you had suggested.

Will this Marantz 6005 and the 2605s sing, significantly better than the FiiO 320 2605 combination ?

If yes, will order only the 2605s on the republic offer and get the 6005 from hfm. Any other alternates to consider :eek:hyeah: ? edit added: The Denon PMA-520AE is 23K on the ProFx list. 70W x 2 Chanel power output But No DAC. Have also mailed arn to figure out NAD prices.

if you find one after listening to the Sonus+NAD combo I am sure you will take me and elango out for dinner<snip>
On a different note I bought the Roar 210 sub this evening

Surely :) and congrats.

Congrats RMCWS.

ciao
gr

Last edited:

Which makes me wonder if I should simply up the ante by 20K and get the PM 6005 from HFM. It is specced with a Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 45 W / 60 W, much lesser than the 80 - 100w you had suggested.

Will this Marantz 6005 and the 2605s sing, significantly better than the FiiO 320 2605 combination ?

Only one way to find out .... audition it at home :eek:.

Part one now complete. Ordered the 6005 from hfm

added
Part two also complete. Transferred the money for a pair of 2605s to Sonodyne.

So :eek:hyeah:

Now having finished the endless reading and imaginary auditions and phone calls and calculations and more reading, the wait for delivery and actually listening to them should be really easy :indifferent14:

I wish.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Hello all i am new to this forum. I am planning to buy a pair of sonus r-ear v3 dipole sorrund speaker.can any suggest how the speakers sound in sorrund application.

thanks manniraj.

I had come across your post when looking for PM6004 / 5 reviews

Hoping that it will sound really good with the floor standers. This thread and this review suggested they should be able to drive them

Review :eek: I guess I tend to the "untrained ear" demography! and going with railway analogies am attempting to move from general/ unreserved to what I am hoping will be at least 2SL with a reservation .... Will give it a slash though

ciao
gr

Last edited:

Only one way to find out .... audition it at home :eek:.

Part one now complete. Ordered the 6005 from hfm

added
Part two also complete. Transferred the money for a pair of 2605s to Sonodyne.

So :eek:hyeah:

Now having finished the endless reading and imaginary auditions and phone calls and calculations and more reading, the wait for delivery and actually listening to them should be really easy :indifferent14:

I wish.

ciao
gr

:) Welcome to this world, where spending even mere couple of days urges you to 'up the ante' ! When you talk like that I think the rest of the forum will nod in unison and say 'yeah, that's the way to go'!
I never find it easy to part with my money, but I am certain it has never been easier since I delved into this forum, so be prepared, you already have had a taste of it. :thumbsup:

:) Welcome to this world, where spending even mere couple of days urges you to 'up the ante'

was afflicted by forumitis upgraditis gearlustitis and disgusted-look-from-wife-itis well before getting here :rolleyes:

The scary thing I have done now is apparently to have contracted tinnitus.

Avoid Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3s. They are too bright sounding and coloured to be called hifi.<snip>The instruments just did not sound true on Sonus 2605 V3s, and the treble hit me in the face. I was afraid of getting tinnitus.

:sos::eek::confused:

m-u-s-t n-o-t p-a-n-i-c.

edit: there is also this to consider Per the specs, Marantz PM 6004 might be underpowered for Sonus 2605

Am i doomed ? to figure out after delivery only maybe. Stopped hyperventilating. for now

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Hi

The amp from hfm is already in Hyd. Should be with me latest tomorrow I guess.

The speakers from Kol have not yet started their journey - no email update, though they said it would be dispatched by the evening at 1130 yesterday.

ciao
gr

Any news for discount this year?:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to source at Sonodyne,Kolkata, they are going to give a miss this year, as they have recently introduced new-line of products. Still, they can give 10% discount, as and when they wish. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hi

The amp from hfm is already in Hyd. Should be with me latest tomorrow I guess.

The speakers from Kol have not yet started their journey - no email update, though they said it would be dispatched by the evening at 1130 yesterday.

ciao
gr

hows the setup doing. been long we guys met :)

Hi Folks,

Is anybody aware about the 26% off for this year, which they give every year on the Occasion of 26th January. I am in touch with their Bangalore Office from past three weeks, but no response.

Today checked their FB site, but no update.

Thanks!
Aasish

Hi Folks,

Is anybody aware about the 26% off for this year, which they give every year on the Occasion of 26th January. I am in touch with their Bangalore Office from past three weeks, but no response.

Today checked their FB site, but no update.

Thanks!
Aasish

Not for this year :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back