Sonodyne Amp & Bookshelf versus Cambridge Audio S30, Topping TP20, NuForce Icon uD

Re: Sonodyne Amp & Bookshelf versus Cambridge Audio S30, Topping TP20, NuForce Icon u

I am relatively new to stereo world. I use Norge 2060 + KEF Q300 + intel high definition audio from PC (Intel High Definition Audio) as source. I have 2 other vintage speakers which I use rarely. One is Sony floorstander, which I don't know model number, another is aiwa bookshelf sx-sns505. I recently sold a wharf and Sonus and I am looking for a high end dac now. Once I get dac, I think I set for at least 6 months.

Norge is good, KEF maybe little pricey for you (33k). To compare Norge with Sonodyne, look at this thread

Sonodyne SiA320 vs Norge 1000

Thanks a lot Joyous for this valuable information.

You are correct, i am not in position to spend 33k on speaker at this stage.

I was thinking of Buying a Panasonic BDT220 blueray player, felt that this was a value deal with much more options. So plan was to link this blueray player to Amp and speaker, not sure if i will need the dac or not. what do you say?

One more thing, you owned sonodyne and now you own norge. which combination you liked more. Did you ever compared the norge/sonodyne with the marantz/denon/nad of the world.

Regards, Amit

Re: Sonodyne Amp & Bookshelf versus Cambridge Audio S30, Topping TP20, NuForce Icon u

You people can get delivered the Sonodyne products in Bangalore too. The payment will be online transfer to Sonodyne's bank a/c. Then effectively the discounts will be ~23%. Sonodyne will add 4% on the discount price (26%) as Freight & Handeling. So all can collect ur items from Lalbagh warehouse.

Wondering whether they will ship to delhi warehouse ? Are avant and their studio monitors qualify for this discount?

Thanks a lot Joyous for this valuable information.

You are correct, i am not in position to spend 33k on speaker at this stage.

I was thinking of Buying a Panasonic BDT220 blueray player, felt that this was a value deal with much more options. So plan was to link this blueray player to Amp and speaker, not sure if i will need the dac or not. what do you say?

One more thing, you owned sonodyne and now you own norge. which combination you liked more. Did you ever compared the norge/sonodyne with the marantz/denon/nad of the world.

Regards, Amit

Panasonic BDP (220, 320 or 500 depending on your budget, read amazon review for audio performance of different models) is very good option.

You get decent near audiophile sound from panasonic BDT220 with I guess is a sweet spot with regard to your budget.

I haven't owned sonodyne amp, but speakers. So I can't compare Norge amp with Sonodyne amp. Sonodyne amp do have positive reviews throughout and Norge I can personally recommend. I guess they stand at par.

I heard marantz pearl lite with monitor audio silver speakers, they sound excellent, but it can't be compared to budget system because these cost a lot.

Here's my suggestion to you. The best possible options in your budget.

Go for panasonic bdp (8k I guess).

and,

Sonodyne bookshelf speakers + sonodyne amp (cost 20k with rebates)

OR

Norge 2060 + Norge bookshelf speakers or wharfedale speakers (cost 25 - 35k). Both will sound good. Go for wharf if you have budget.

I think you can't go wrong with either of them. And of course you can audition sonodyne in bangalore.

Solved.

Panasonic BDP (220, 320 or 500 depending on your budget, read amazon review for audio performance of different models) is very good option.

You get decent near audiophile sound from panasonic BDT220 with I guess is a sweet spot with regard to your budget.

I haven't owned sonodyne amp, but speakers. So I can't compare Norge amp with Sonodyne amp. Sonodyne amp do have positive reviews throughout and Norge I can personally recommend. I guess they stand at par.

I heard marantz pearl lite with monitor audio silver speakers, they sound excellent, but it can't be compared to budget system because these cost a lot.

Here's my suggestion to you. The best possible options in your budget.

Go for panasonic bdp (8k I guess).

and,

Sonodyne bookshelf speakers + sonodyne amp (cost 20k with rebates)

OR

Norge 2060 + Norge bookshelf speakers or wharfedale speakers (cost 25 - 35k). Both will sound good. Go for wharf if you have budget.

I think you can't go wrong with either of them. And of course you can audition sonodyne in bangalore.

Solved.

Thanks a lot Joyous for your valueable suggestion.

Regards, Amit

A good dac is a must. I have seen the difference it has made to a NAD + Tannoy combo. I have also heard Cambridge s30 and T20. And they are great.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back