Sonodyne

ranjeetrain

Sonodyne.. Sonodyne.... Sonodyne......

Remember the dialogue by Girish Karnad in Salmaan Khan starring Ek Tha Tiger about Tiger? I feel the same about Sonodyne!

I mean, what's wrong with Sonodyne? After 6 year 2 months and 10 days I received an email from Sonodyne last month. Last one was an invite they sent me in August 2006. This mail was overlooked in the flurry of emails and I happen to see it by chance today.

So! What's wrong with Sonodyne? Nothing much, they have just woken up. Or may be have been woken up by a positive review by WhatHiFi. Here is the link to their review hosted by Sonodyne. Another review was published in Europe. Here is the link.

Sorry about the old news, but thought it was good to share. Besides, I am also going to reply to the email asking Sonodyne as to where i had been for last 6 years.

Thanks for reading. I hope you feel as good reading them as I did. :)

-- Ranjeet Rain

Nothings wrong with them other than they need to get off their bums and actually SELL THEIR GEAR IN THE LOCAL MARKET.

So many times I've wanted to hear a sonodyne in ncr but no idea where to listen. I'm sure others feel the same in many other cities.

Why does the price of the actives seem higher in India than abroad.

Last edited:
Nothings wrong with them other than they need to get off their bums and actually SELL THEIR GEAR IN THE LOCAL MARKET.

So many times I've wanted to hear a sonodyne in ncr but no idea where to listen. I'm sure others feel the same in many other cities.

Why does the price of the actives seem higher in India than abroad.

Hope you are referring to their Studio Monitor series range....

Sonodyne SM100AK's UK price is around 1000 Pounds....

US Price is around - $1,500...

In India it is 62K i believe....So cheapest is India :)

Sonodyne.. Sonodyne.... Sonodyne......

Remember the dialogue by Girish Karnad in Salmaan Khan starring Ek Tha Tiger about Tiger? I feel the same about Sonodyne!

I mean, what's wrong with Sonodyne? After 6 year 2 months and 10 days I received an email from Sonodyne last month. Last one was an invite they sent me in August 2006. This mail was overlooked in the flurry of emails and I happen to see it by chance today.

So! What's wrong with Sonodyne? Nothing much, they have just woken up. Or may be have been woken up by a positive review by WhatHiFi. Here is the link to their review hosted by Sonodyne. Another review was published in Europe. Here is the link.

Sorry about the old news, but thought it was good to share. Besides, I am also going to reply to the email asking Sonodyne as to where i had been for last 6 years.

Thanks for reading. I hope you feel as good reading them as I did. :)

-- Ranjeet Rain

What i have heard about Sonodyne with a dealer is that all the dealers in India are quitting dealership.The business style of Sonodyne is different from other Brands.So no dealer is interested in marketing their products and have stocks for demo.That is the reason that one does not get a proper audition of the product and they are now looking for direct sales to the end users.

The service Support also is very bad after sales.

So the option Left to sell their Products is only by online sales or through old contacts of Sonodyne Users.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are referring to their Studio Monitor series range....

Sonodyne SM100AK's UK price is around 1000 Pounds....

US Price is around - $1,500...

In India it is 62K i believe....So cheapest is India :)
SM 100 in India is 72,000/= a Pair.
and in UK $1,500 is MRP and one who buys gets offers also,but in India what you get?

I think there is a shop in cp first floor which stocks sonodyne alongwith rythm corner in southex. In gurgaon one can probably hear them at a shop in mgf/ sector-14

Obviouly these shops do not have the full range but it guves one an insight to the sound.

Last edited:
Sonodyne exclusive showroom/listening room at Durgapur Junction Mall closed. Such nice products, especially speakers, having excellent VFM and what marketing!

Sonodyne model reviewed by wHF was with me for few days. My views are they are very grainy and and coarse sounding. The reviews are sponsored these days.
A cheap integrated with budget spks like wharfedale 9.1, psb alpha etc would be more satisfying.

^^^
I completely disagree.... I loved the Sonodyne actives. Very neutral, clean sound.
However, Binoy, what kind of source are you using?

Apple laptop with micromega mydac. I have had many studio actives , to me they are clearly inferior bm5a, genelec 8030, Neumann kh120, focal CMS sereis, Adam 7 etc. I found them quite colored as far as texture is concerned

Latest communication from Sonodyne:

Mar-Apr-2013.jpg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back