Sony 46HX750 vs Sony 40HX850 vs Samsung 40ES6800 vs Samsung 46D7000

Deepak Janardhana

Hi all...
I'm new to this forum and the main reason I joined this forum was the confusion I faced in buying an LED TV. I tried to get many expert advice on this topic but quite couldn't figure out where I would get genuine ones. Looking at how active this forum was I thought maybe I'll finally get out of this confusion.

Sony 46HX750 vs Sony 40HX850 vs Samsung 40ES6800 vs Samsung 46D7000

Now, coming to the topic, I'm planning to buy one of the above LED TVs and my budget is around 80k to 1lac. Not more than that. I would like to know which TV has the best sd content rendering as i use a normal set top box connection provided by my cable operator with the analog a/v inputs having mostly sd channels. Occasionally, would be viewing 3d content and also would like to watch a few programmes like adventure sports, travel channels, etc in 3d. So I would like to know how the 3d performance of each of these TVs is. Also, on their 2d to 3d conversion capabilities.

I would also like to know if the d7000's smart TV software would be updated to the new 2012 model's software in the future ?

PS: Please don't ask me to go and have a hands on experience with each of these TVs cos only after doing so am I stuck in this situation. My inexperienced eyes which has been viewing only CRT monitors since birth just couldn't differentiate one from the other.

Such a old thread but didn't see any response on the above..anyways I am personally inclined towards the HX850 series as it has a lot of positive reviews...any other opinions from others? I heard the black rendering is the best possible only next to few good plasma TVs available.. I also saw a couple of concerns related to reflections..I have seen the older monolithic models and I felt the reflections caused were way too much problem..any HX850 owners who can share their experience on the same on how it performs in normal living room conditions which will have some sunlight and tubelight etc.

I bought a Samsung LED TV 46"D7000
no free gifts
but bargained and got two 3D Glasses free

I have seen Sony hx 850 it was shortlisted first.
It has some better black levels and colors, colors but did nt feel that vibrant
may be because
It has some blue color tint in all video playback
3D is also better than last year's models but not excellent
And I have experienced small amount flickering while watching 3D on hx 850

Last edited:
Back