Sony 4K TV not showing DTS or Dolby Digital

rajivaryan1984

HI,

I have a Sony 4K TV. I have 4 HDMI Ports on the television. I have connected Bose Sound touch 300 with Surround Speakers and Sub-woofer via HDMI 3 which supports ARC on both the sides. PS4 on HDMI 4 and Pioneer BDP-180 on HMDI1.

Now the concern is when I am playing any content on BDP-180, on the TV display it shoes STEREO instead of either DTS or Dolby Digital. Same when I am playing PS4 on HDMI 4, I am getting DTS on the display of the TV. I tried with Sony Support team, Bose Support and Pioneer but no luck.

Please advise…

Have you checked the manual whether all HDMI inputs support multi channel arc? Have seen some TV's support multi channel only on few HDMI inputs.

MaSh

Now the concern is when I am playing any content on BDP-180, on the TV display it shoes STEREO instead of either DTS or Dolby Digital. Same when I am playing PS4 on HDMI 4, I am getting DTS on the display of the TV.

Your PS4, may be is set to bit-stream in audio out settings.. Hence you are able to DTS / DD..

Check the BDP audio out settings.. Hope it is set to bit-stream, if not set it choose the correct setting and you should be able to see the codec on TV..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back