Sony BDP S-4100 offer - 5 pcs. 3D bluray discs + HDMI cable free !!

As a matter of coincidence, I also have bought these two ..... W800A and S4100 today evening... few hours back from Reliance Digital ...... will answer your query soon .....

Hey... Im in new to this forum and need a small clarification.I just purchased sony 4100 bd player and inside the box it contains one hdmi cable. Does the free hdmi is the same only or i should get one more extra? Pls help..

Dear*sanjub22*or any one else

Can you please help me with meaning and implications of 2 channel decoding for tru hd in 4100 in a ht setup. ..please help me as I want to purchase this set...

dear pradhan..ur sig shows u alreday have blu ray drive with asus..so any reason for another player..
anyway what it means is i understand...if u bitstream u will get proper 6 ch audio DD or dts or truhd etc..
but if you choose to decode at player itself...it will downmix to 2 ch from dts hd ma..etc..
however as u have maratz 6007..of course u will choose bitstream i presume..so its not a problem for ur case

Last edited:
Dear prosenjit
Thanks for your view even I thought same but wanted confirmation....well I was planning two player to have multi region playing capability ..because I thought its better to have two player instead of spending money on making it region free ....also I keep travelling between Bangalore and Haridwar. .so will keep one dedicated and other drive which cost me only 6.5k is portable one....it come with limited capability power dvd software...

Last edited:
Sony BDP S 41000 is NOT region free and hence DOES NOT play US and European Blu Rays. If you are planning to watch or rent Blu Ray discs, then this player does not make sense.

Friends,
Yesterday I visited Reliance Digital at Chennai. Sony 3D Bluray player S4100 is available @ Rs.9990 (MRP Rs.13,990) with bundled offer of 5 nos.3D bluray movies & HDMI cable free. (The bluray titles are Amazing Spiderman, Toy Story 1, 2, 3 and Pirates of Caribean-4). How about this offer ?

I have seen good reviews about this player. however, I do not have a 3D TV and mine is normal LCD HD TV with HDMI. Can I watch these movies in 2D with the normal HDTV or I need a 3D HDTV ?

Thanks

I purchase Sony W800A + Bluray S-4100 with the offer. Toy Story 1,2,3 is only viewable on 3D, however Spiderman & Pirates of Caribean-4 has can be viewable in 3D & 2D.

Hey... Im in new to this forum and need a small clarification.I just purchased sony 4100 bd player and inside the box it contains one hdmi cable. Does the free hdmi is the same only or i should get one more extra? Pls help..

While purchasing the same model I also has same query, However you get only one HDMI cable.

Does any one know if by downloading and updating with modified firm ware, we can make Sony BDP S 4100 into a region free blu ray player ? Is it possible? I have searched - but found nothing.
Does anyone on this forum know of a way to make this blu ray player region free?

No BD player from Sony can be made region free for BDs. Only option is hardware hack, which is not available in India. You need to import and need soldering skills.

But almost all BD players including Sony can be made region free for DVDs by remote hack (either stock or universal). Sony needs universal remote for DVD region free hack.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back