Sony BDV-N7200W/B Suggestions

Nope I havnt bought this. But it looked interesting for the price since it has Hi Res Audio. So was thinking of checking with the experts first before taking the plunge. :)

i bought the same sony HT last yr and sold in a month..not worth

in that price range u can get pioneer vsx 329 + Jamo S 426 HCS or Onkyo ht 5700..which are far better than the sony..

Hello Vinod.R,

Sorry about that. Yes you are right, I should have made my specs more clear. Guess being a newbie I made that mistake right from the start.

My room size is 12 feet x 10 feet.
Budget : 40,000 - 50,000
Usage : 90% for Movies / 10% for Music

Looking for a device which will cover technology for the next 5 - 8 years. And hoping to get a more immersive feel when watching movies.

@Nero9:

Not trying to be judgemental here. But could you let us know what exactly you didnt feel was right with the Sony BDV device. This is purely for my understanding. :) so that I can take the lessons learnt for my next purchase.

@ aoopnath I Agree with Nero9 there can be much better options over sony BDV. Sony as a package have great looks and ease of setup , however i felt that the sound is just average and not having depth, Each one have different perception and taste of sound, But when i searched market for my HT, Sony was the one i was aware of and when in came across the big brothers of sony i fely sony stands now where..

I have a Denon X510BT paired with JamoS426HCS3 and Wharfedale SW 150 by the way

trying to relive this post

Is this model of Sony good please? BDV-N7200W

Room size 20*13, 50%music,budget 50k

Any suggestions pls

Most of us on this forum wouldn't recommend this system or any from Sony, LG, Samsung etc. Instead we'd recommend you to look at Yamaha, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Tannoy, Wharfedale etc. Nearest thing to this in the serious audio world would be the Home Theater in a Box (HTIB). Check out few here
Packages
Home Theatre System

Thank you for your time.

But i have Sony mini HIFI system bought in 2004

Can i use those speakers whch are good even now for Denon or Pioneer AVR?

Specs are
Front -2
3 way 3 unit bass reflex type 6 ohms (incl woofer sub woofer and tweeter)
Surround -2
3 way 3 unit bass reflex type 24 ohms (incl woofer sub woofer and tweeter)

Are these compatible please?

I have no idea and i a newbie

room size 17*12 and music;tatasky;movies is 40:40:20

Hi Ramasya,

Most of the AVRs support 6 ohms and beyond speakers...

Get a good avr and slowly build your system...

If budget is a challenge, see For Sale by Owner or Hifiads.com....there is a Marantz 1605 for sale which has all latest features except atmos...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back