Sony Bravia KDL W700B - Buyers Thread

am planning to buy this tv..

prcie quoted in chennai
from sony center : Rs.64,000/-
viveks - Rs.64,700/-
ebay - Rs. 58500/- with sony warranty.

which option to choose..is the price accurate? kindly reply guys

eBay deal sounds good. But did u check for seller's rating? go with Top rated sellers. Regarding local retailer's forget about top chains like vivek's, Reliance Digital etc... Try to negotiate in Vasanth & Co, Sharptronics, Girias like that. U can bring down the asking price to 58K. anything close to 58K is a good deal. Wherever you buy make sure its a fresh piece.

prcie quoted in chennai
viveks - Rs.64,700/-

Hi. Vasanth and Co was ready to give for 58000 with free DVD player. This is during Diwali. You tell them that you are going to buy them with full cash right away. They may agree for 58000.

I checked this price in Chengalpet Vasanth and co

prcie quoted in chennai
viveks - Rs.64,700/-

Avoid Ebay.in unless you are sure of not getting scammed or absolutely do not care about warranty or even post warranty support. Search the forum for peoples experiences in this regard.

Make sure that the Ebay seller is in fact a Sony Authorized Dealer as Sony refuses warranty otherwise. It is easy enough to do by asking the Ebay seller for the store name their invoice will carry and checking that the store name on the seller's invoice is on the list that Sony publishes at http://www.sony.co.in/section/shop/ If the Ebay seller is not on the list but advertises as manufacturer warranty, stay away since you will find out at your cost when you try to claim manufacturer warranty. Neither will Ebay help you at all no matter what their guarantee says.

thanks everyone for ur replies..

will check out vasanth and co..the ebay seller seems genuine..here is the link

Brand NEW Sony 42" Smart LED TV KDL 42W700B "2014 Latest Model" | eBay

have asked the seller the details..

You buy from this seller only if you can't negotiate with retailer. I am telling this cos what you will do in case ebay seller shipped you a demo piece. you have to again ship it back and wait for a new TV to arrive ( sorry for being negative here. I am just telling you the worst case scenario). tracking courier is another pain. especially if its bluedart :mad: To avoid all these u can buy from local retailer by spending few more bucks. Decide wise.

I support Suga49 here, unless and until the ebay seller is 100% authentic and genuine, sending back and forth stuff can be an excruciating pain. Brick and Mortar seem good enough for high end stuff where you can go and voice your concern in case of any issue.
How much is Vasanth & Co. quoting?

i support suga49 here, unless and until the ebay seller is 100% authentic and genuine, sending back and forth stuff can be an excruciating pain. Brick and mortar seem good enough for high end stuff where you can go and voice your concern in case of any issue.
How much is vasanth & co. Quoting?

64500/-...

Folks, there is a software update appearing for this TV. (System Software Update (Version PKG2.263GAA) For Asia Pacific : Download : Sony India)

Any one tried to upgrade? If some one has, please let me know is it worth to upgrade. I always worry, if there are some features that gets discontinued with latest software upgrade

cool. They mentioned "Improves the performance and stability of the Internet TV features". Hope they fixed the sluggish performance while launching applications.

They quote MRP only for 0% EMIs I think. For upfront payment a discounted price should be applicable.

No. Even for bajaj Finance 0% EMI they give it for much lesser price. 200rs documents charge applicable i guess. Here there is one advantage in opting bajaj Finance. Apart from one year Manufacturer warranty they r providing 3 years extended seller warranty. ( can't rely on seller warranty anyway :lol: )

I will update tonight as well.

Guys any idea how to speed up the USB read time? My 8GB HP USB drive easily takes a minute to read. I'm scared to even put a 32GB one... I have tried both the folder view as well as the Media player view to no avail.

Any ideas/ suggestions which help?

Guys any idea how to speed up the USB read time? My 8GB HP USB drive easily takes a minute to read. I'm scared to even put a 32GB one... I have tried both the folder view as well as the Media player view to no avail.

Do you plug the USB drive while TV is running or Plug the USB first and switch on the TV?

Because I find the later to be ineffective. it takes lot of time to read either flash drive or HDD when I boot the TV with USB inserted..
But when I plug it when the TV is running it reads in matter of seconds. 16GB pen drive (Kingston Data traveler) in 3 seconds and 1TB HDD( WD Mypassport Ultra) in 6 seconds hardly.

Last edited:

I would say something's wrong with the drive. Even my 1TB HD doesn't take that time and its 70% filled. Maybe try a different drive and if u are using a cable extender try connecting directly to the back of the TV.

I would say something's wrong with the drive. Even my 1TB HD doesn't take that time and its 70% filled. Maybe try a different drive and if u are using a cable extender try connecting directly to the back of the TV.

Yes problem should be with the hdd. Even mine takes so much time.

^ The TV itself needs some time to boot up all its features. So it will take more time to access the USB once u boot it from cold.

Thanks Guys. I realized my folly. Connecting the USB at boot up time is plain silly.
I updated the software and now I connect the USB only once the TV is on.
The read times are much better now :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back