Sony DAV DZ 750K

Vijay_s

I have a sony home theater DAV DZ 750 K bought couple of months back, I calibrated it properly using the auto calibration mike. I couldn't get a sound clarity for music or movie in this system which is said to be 1000 RMS.

Can anyone tell me is it something wrong with DAV DZ 750 K or with my setup. If i play music CD on Music mode it sounds like i am playing it on a 500 Rs philips radio

I have a sony home theater DAV DZ 750 K bought couple of months back, I calibrated it properly using the auto calibration mike. I couldn't get a sound clarity for music or movie in this system which is said to be 1000 RMS.

Can anyone tell me is it something wrong with DAV DZ 750 K or with my setup. If i play music CD on Music mode it sounds like i am playing it on a 500 Rs philips radio

Hello,
DAV systems are not that bad. I have been using one since 2004 and it still works fine. These days I just use it as a stereo amplifier with my logitech squeezebox for bedroom music listening.Don't play cds with them you will never have clarity because the dac is not good. now coming back to your problem didn't you audition them before purchase. There might be another problem that although you think you have done the calibration properly it might haven't worked atall. In that case I would suggest you to manually enter the speaker distances and also manually enter the db levels for each speaker. If nothing really works you should ask for a replacement. I hope it is under warranty.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

play with the equalizer - check the default settings within - the auto calibration mike often fails - so manually settign it up is necessary.

BTW it is a HTiB so dont expect wonders from it - but it should not play digital sources like the way you mentioned - if you cant set it up - ask the sony center to set it up for you for free. 1000W RMS at high distortion rates is useless - and then again only peak powers single channel are quoted so that it sells - people are to be blamed if they do no study the specs or understand the product before buying

You should have stuck to a Philips HTiB - which are better in my opinion to Sony.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back