Sony FHD tv vertical black line dissapears after being on for some time

sand87ch

Hi All,

Its a weird issue.My sony FHD has a vertical light black line that comes on switching on and dissapears after being on for some time.I tried disconnecting cables etc.
Has anybody seen this kind of issues with sony TV.

The model is KDL42-W650A

If anyone has seen this could you please chip in with your experiences or ideas.Thing is if its something that can be handled i dont want sony guys open it up.Usually company technicians are not that good in finding or fixing issues.

Hi All,

Its a weird issue.My sony FHD has a vertical light black line that comes on switching on and dissapears after being on for some time.I tried disconnecting cables etc.
Has anybody seen this kind of issues with sony TV.

The model is KDL42-W650A

If anyone has seen this could you please chip in with your experiences or ideas.Thing is if its something that can be handled i dont want sony guys open it up.Usually company technicians are not that good in finding or fixing issues.
Now a days you rarely find chip level service technicians. They would say you have to dump the whole TV or make you spend a lot on spare parts replacement which would also not warrant proper functioning of the TV for a said period of time. If it does not persist, just ignore it. In youtube they would show you some DIY hacks - sticking a tape on a ribbon cable. I strongly advice you to not do it. It needs skilled technician to do that kind of stuff. A TV has only this much life and so if it is bearable, use it until it further deteriorates. In the meantime keep saving for a new TV.

Now a days you rarely find chip level service technicians. They would say you have to dump the whole TV or make you spend a lot on spare parts replacement which would also not warrant proper functioning of the TV for a said period of time. If it does not persist, just ignore it. In youtube they would show you some DIY hacks - sticking a tape on a ribbon cable. I strongly advice you to not do it. It needs skilled technician to do that kind of stuff. A TV has only this much life and so if it is bearable, use it until it further deteriorates. In the meantime keep saving for a new TV.
yes they confirmed its the panel and that no spare available.currently looking to upgrade to a 55inch.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back