MPEG noise reduction - low
Cinema drive - Auto
Advance contrast enhanser - Low
Black corrector - Off
Gamma - 0
Clear white - Off
Live color - Off
White balance - 0

Hi ok bro as you wish. Yes picture setting is a very subjective and personal thing but i just wanted to know so that i can give you some advice because i am very happy with my Bravia Ex400. I think now Sony gives very good competition to other brands regarding features. Picture quality wise Sony has always been one of the best in my opinion. If your next tv search you dont want a Sony its your personal preference but for me Sony and Panasonic are always on the top of the list when i plan to buy a tv. I always check out other brands also but i prefer Panasonic and Sony the most. Tc.
see bro, my picture setting might be useless for you & vice versa,....imho,ps is a very subjective thing depending upon ur room environment ,expectation of perceptible pic vis a vis competition tv & ur best guide to check all that out,.. "ur eyes". So afterall its all a personal thing how u set ur tv & quite relative what ur initial expectation was when u tried changing the default settings.

what my major gripes r....i have already told..& it's true that sony had ben always like that(not about the ass though)...much less user friendly & restricted in its pic controls & features creatures in its products than its rival brands....but having said that, from my experiences(a past one though)Sony had been but a very solid brand,which delivers guaranteed value on its products!...a fan of which i have been & as such ended with a certain expectation of a bravia lcd tv &brought a 32 cx42,even though the feature list runs short than other!!!

i am also atm,searching for a bigger tv(40-50)",but this time,preferably a No sony!

Hi thanks for your setting but try this and see if it gets better and do it in standard mode so that you can check the difference in standard and custom-

Standard
Backlight - 4
Picture - 90
Brightness - 50
Color - 50
Hue - 0
Color Temperature - Warm 1/Warm 2
Sharpness - 5
Noise reduction - Low
MPEG noise reduction - low
Cinema drive - Auto
Advance contrast enhanser - Low
Black corrector - Off
Gamma - 0
Clear white - Off
Live color - Low
White balance - 0

I think in your settings backlight is little high, contrast is little low, brightness is fine, color is fine, color temperature should be warm see if you like it, sharpness is fine, noise/mpeg reduction is fine, cinema mode is fine, advance contrast is fine, black corrector is fine, gamma is fine, clear white is fine, switch on live color to low and white balance is fine.

Hope this helps.

Tc.

Which is the best 32' Full HD LCD within a budget Rs 36,000?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i am looking to buy my first LCD TV. I need your help to recommend which one to go for.

My budget is for Rs 36,000, looking for a good HD TV with great picture quality and a good audio output. My viewing distance from the T.V would be around 8 feet the most. I am looking at this T.V as an investment for the next 3 years so its need to have reasonably good freatures that will not render it obsolete quickly. This will be the TV in my main hall so its needs to be good if not top notch

I have been reading this forum actively and i have shortlisted a couple of choices which are:

Sony KLV 32 CX 420 vs Sony KLV 32 EX 400 vs Samsung 32 D 550

Sony CX 420 from a couple of the reviews posted here mentioned the picture was just abt average quality and that mkv files wouldnt play through the USB port. Also it has got only 2 HDMI outputs. I am just wondering should that be enough considering I would need one for the set top box and other for maybe a Blu ray DVD player or PS3.Also this does not have Sony Original surround. I am just wondering if that is a big deal considering that its got a Dolby digital and bass boost. The other thing is that it doesnt have an ambient sensor. I am not sure whether this feature really matters

Now for the Sony EX 400. Supposedly it got a better picture quality than the CX but doesnt have a very good audio output. Also it doesnt have a 3 D comb filter and advanced contrast enhancer. Once again, not sure how much this realy matters. Need your advice on this. Couple of reviews have also mentioned that its got a very bad remote control whichis not user friendly at all.

Lastly the Samsung 32 D 550 apparently delivers an all round performance when compared to the above with no really major complaints. Plus it's got 4 HDMI inputs which is now the standard norm these days. It also has 2 USB ports and it also falls in the same price bracket. But then even the sales person was telling me to go for the Sony rather than the Samsung which was surprising. I compared both the TV's display and the Sony did trump it marginally in terms of color reproduction( Blacks & Whites) but i dont know if thats a deal breaker

Now i know i cant expect everything in a single TV but even given the above 3 models which one would you recommend?
Also is there some other make and model that trumps these 3 and falls in my budget that i havnt thought of?

Thanks guys for your help, really appreaciate it

Regards,
Ganesh

Re: Which is the best 32' Full HD LCD within a budget Rs 36,000?

Hi Cx420 is a good tv for the price. Not having sony original sound and ambient sensor is not a deal breaker. I have a Ex400 and i love the picture quality of it and i am using tata sky hd, ps3 and Sony dvd home theatre system. Please check Cx420, Ex400, Ex500 and Nx500. Ex500 is my favorite tv and it is also awarded tv product of the year by What hifi magazine. If you dont mind buying without bill then you can buy Cx520 for 26500, Ex420 for 31000 and Ex520 for 37000 and this includes wall mount, delivery and installation. Hope this helps. Tc.
Hi,

I am new to this forum and i am looking to buy my first LCD TV. I need your help to recommend which one to go for.

My budget is for Rs 36,000, looking for a good HD TV with great picture quality and a good audio output. My viewing distance from the T.V would be around 8 feet the most. I am looking at this T.V as an investment for the next 3 years so its need to have reasonably good freatures that will not render it obsolete quickly. This will be the TV in my main hall so its needs to be good if not top notch

I have been reading this forum actively and i have shortlisted a couple of choices which are:

Sony CX 420 from a couple of the reviews posted here mentioned the picture was just abt average quality and that mkv files wouldnt play through the USB port. Also it has got only 2 HDMI outputs. I am just wondering should that be enough considering I would need one for the set top box and other for maybe a Blu ray DVD player or PS3.Also this does not have Sony Original surround. I am just wondering if that is a big deal considering that its got a Dolby digital and bass boost. The other thing is that it doesnt have an ambient sensor. I am not sure whether this feature really matters

Now for the Sony EX 400. Supposedly it got a better picture quality than the CX but doesnt have a very good audio output. Also it doesnt have a 3 D comb filter and advanced contrast enhancer. Once again, not sure how much this realy matters. Need your advice on this. Couple of reviews have also mentioned that its got a very bad remote control whichis not user friendly at all.

Lastly the Samsung 32 D 550 apparently delivers an all round performance when compared to the above with no really major complaints. Plus it's got 4 HDMI inputs which is now the standard norm these days. It also has 2 USB ports and it also falls in the same price bracket. But then even the sales person was telling me to go for the Sony rather than the Samsung which was surprising. I compared both the TV's display and the Sony did trump it marginally in terms of color reproduction( Blacks & Whites) but i dont know if thats a deal breaker

Now i know i cant expect everything in a single TV but even given the above 3 models which one would you recommend?
Also is there some other make and model that trumps these 3 and falls in my budget that i havnt thought of?

Regards,
Ganesh

Hi,

Regards,
Ganesh

Dear friend,
Sammy rocks, i ve seen the audio in sammy, srs tru hd audio is rocking and they have a great interface.
I guess you just have a look into menu and the My download section.
many good improvements over the older version.

Just have a look with sammy n sony and just listen to your heart.
All the tvs mentioned are great in their own style.
:clapping:

Hi Bijay,

Which model of Samsung are you referring to and what would be the approx price?

I am thinking of picking up an LCD from Dubai since it's a lot cheaper there and my cousin can easily bring it down. Anything i need to keep in mind while doing this?

Also just a question to the group :-

32' inch HD ready LED or 32" inch Full HD LCD. My viewing distance would be roughly 8 feet and i think the cost would more or less be the same

Thanks
Ganesh

Hi Bijay,

Which model of Samsung are you referring to and what would be the approx price?

I am thinking of picking up an LCD from Dubai since it's a lot cheaper there and my cousin can easily bring it down. Anything i need to keep in mind while doing this?

Also just a question to the group :-

32' inch HD ready LED or 32" inch Full HD LCD. My viewing distance would be roughly 8 feet and i think the cost would more or less be the same

Thanks
Ganesh
Hi Ganesh,
I was referring to HD ready LCD tv samsung 32D450. costing is 28k (negotiable) and with Dish Tru HD free.
If you are planning to buy from Dubai, then you have many options.
Like sammy UA32D4000N and many Full-HD LCD models in sammy new D series models.

LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG
check this and check some models in stores also, because for example the sammy 32d450 is not there in the indian website, but you can find it in stores.

Next thing is that just have a look the prices of various D-series Sammy and Bravia new ranges like 320, 420, 520. after that we can easily decide which is best in moneywise.
Hope this helps.:clapping:

Its better to avoid samsung 32D450. The model need a firmware upgrade to play movies through USB. I watched this model when I was looking for my TV, was not impressed by the picture quality. Better go for Samsung D520 models. They have much better video processing.

32CX320 is really good but the main problem while playing Mkv files is that it does not play subtitles and does not support many audio formats :sad: .Just able to play ac3 audio.cannot play other formats like dts . Any idea??

Last edited:
Its better to avoid samsung 32D450. The model need a firmware upgrade to play movies through USB. I watched this model when I was looking for my TV, was not impressed by the picture quality. Better go for Samsung D520 models. They have much better video processing.

Rupam,

I've tried some MKV and avi in the sammy 32D450, there was no problem at all. One blueray print also seen, again rocking i guess may be prb with that Tv u saw. I ve compared it with Bravia 32BX320, pic is HD was rocking :yahoo:

Try your luck again !!!

Hi,

Regards,
Ganesh

Let me clarify here....the Sony cx420 does HAVE Ambient/Light Sensor which is turned ON by default & the difference does matters...the turning OFF Of which makes the PQ of the tv much better,brighter & of higher contrast!..i think imho,the pic is now much better enjoyed!Gripes on usb playback remains though!

as no type of external subtitle formats r supported which is crucial while playing back sd or hd vdeos.also .dts audio is not supported which is another gripe!

so for me ,it's just another average lcd,which is meant for regular sd tv & some hd tv's for my bed room!

Also,sony india support seems worst,when i asked for explanation of why lesser feature on thee set & called them twice for a callback by senior sony engineers(,explaining everything to me,possibly sortng my issues out by any future f/w upgrade,)in the last 1&1/2 weeks there was none.... pity that some guys calling themselves sony technical support on the other end of the call had even the least idea about something as basic as .dts audio or the external subtitles...now i had to explain them all myself & it was really a sorry experience...no wonder a call back to me was NOT done...i have emailed them hence,possibly asking for a refund if possible...preferably going for the competitors brand,which doesnot suffers for all this trouble!

U found any way to play the subtitles and DTS audio?

NO Pal,...so just contemplating buying a wd live or any other cheap media player probably in near future!...i am a satisfied pch owner at my other room, so a bit confused what to buy?...sony is just utterlessly hopeless here!

NO Pal,...so just contemplating buying a wd live or any other cheap media player probably in near future!...i am a satisfied pch owner at my other room, so a bit confused what to buy?...sony is just utterlessly hopeless here!

Try this software MKV2AC3.It converts DTS TO AC3.Though it takes some time to convert it works well.Now i am able to play the mkv file in my TV :yahoo:

^ then what about the subs?...u got any solution?...sony left us all in the lurch!...unless u hardcode them,seems there is no way out!....also i cannot convert every other dts to ac3...there r just too many mkv & dts2 covert for me..also extra hassles for converting on a pc which is past its prime!

All these issues should have been tackled on sony's end ,rather than end user searching frantically for a pragmatic solution that works,or rather investing in a new device to work around the problems..that's what keeps me from giving the cx420 or the cx320 a perfect score!

do anybody here have grey market contacts of these models?? any help would be appreciated..

also, any info on the input lag in these models? (for gaming)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back