Sony KDL 46CX520 < 4 yrs old - Vertical thin line in the panel - Panel replacement !!

Re: Sony KDL 46CX520 < 4 yrs old - Vertical thin line in the panel - Panel replacemen

So a 65K product from "SONY" has a life span of < 4 yrs..and 40K + to reinstate is definitely not acceptable from world popular brand..

I know it is not worth replacing the panel for 40K.. But need your inputs on the next steps...

Sorry to read about your troubles with your stuff on two threads :sad:

I've been viewing soaps and sitcoms on my Sony EX 300 for 6 - 7 years now. Over the past two weeks it developed bubbles - like measles - a small white spot appeared inside one of them. Was in blru over the weekend, came back to find the entire bottom third is now fogged over and opaque. Probably a fungal growth. I've looked it up on the net and found several other reports of problems with the same and other sony TVs.

I am of the same mind as you ie: not worth replacing the crappy panel, and am debating whether my viewing can justify the Le 4K or should i simply be satisfied with a cheap Videocon or something SD telly.

Regardless no Sony for me. that is for sure

ciao
gr

Re: Sony KDL 46CX520 < 4 yrs old - Vertical thin line in the panel - Panel replacemen

Sorry to read about your troubles with your stuff on two threads :sad:

Thanx buddy..I juz couldn't help it...

I've been viewing soaps and sitcoms on my Sony EX 300 for 6 - 7 years now. Over the past two weeks it developed bubbles - like measles - a small white spot appeared inside one of them. Was in blru over the weekend, came back to find the entire bottom third is now fogged over and opaque. Probably a fungal growth. I've looked it up on the net and found several other reports of problems with the same and other sony TVs.

Oh no.. If you have the original purchase bill with you, log a call with Sony, they would charge you 250 Rs as visiting charges.. Assuming they don't have the spares, since your TV is 7 - 8 yrs, you might benefit from depreciated rate if at all they might provide you..

I am of the same mind as you ie: not worth replacing the crappy panel, and am debating whether my viewing can justify the Le 4K or should i simply be satisfied with a cheap Videocon or something SD telly.

Regardless no Sony for me. that is for sure

ciao
gr

Le 4K is very good for the price & the support they promise to offer... You got plenty of options these days for really cheap prices..

just get the tcon board imported from china.. dont need to change panel

Thx.. Any idea on how much would it cost..

tcon board + inverter(LED driver board) .. both cost 60$ + $10 shipping

i have done that ..but they dint work ..now thinking to replace panel .. you can give it a try

tcon board + inverter(LED driver board) .. both cost 60$ + $10 shipping

i have done that ..but they dint work ..now thinking to replace panel .. you can give it a try

Thanks for your inputs.. Lost the mood to spend even if it is small amount for the TV.. Living with it for the time being..:sad:

When the time is right, will get a new cheapest TV (or) a might go for a Projector..

In hyderabad I found a good LED TV repair expert .. srinivasa electronics .. Contact Jagdish - 8008859990

He repaired my 2year old sony led tv 46w950a in just 5days .. authorised center asked 35k .. he did it in 11k

An update.. The TV, which is abt to complete 5 yrs of ownership in few days, suddenly developed an issue..

When i switch on the TV, the red led indicator blinks 6 times and there is NO picture/sound on the display.. Googled abt the blinking error, looks like some issue with motherboard :(..

Anyways, logged issue with Sony service center.. Technician due for visit in couple of days..

I am also facing more or less similar issue on my Samsung TV. The TV is not responding to Remote and fully functional from buttons on the TV. Logged Service call with Samsung and they are saying it is Motherboard issue and need replacement. Asking Rs.8500. Just 3 years old 1L cost TV.
Looks like all these companies making products for 3-4 years life.

Facing a similar motherboard issue with my sony led tv. No picture. Made me wonder, whether it is really worth to invest in TV. 7 year old led monitor works like charm.

Hi. I too had a pretty bad experience when the Sony Service asked 18.5K for replacement of a Laptop display. However, I got it done outside for 6.5K. So as long as you hold on to these topline brands, you must do the AMC.

Looks like your PJ journey has started off from this point. :)

Yes.. Think, i won't get back to small screen again..

Today Sony technician dropped in & checked the issue.. He confirmed that it is due to backlight issue (CCFL).. Have been suggested to replace CCFL tubes which comes along with panel..

Repair quote from Sony : 22.5K (for tubes + Panel) + Additional transportation cost (on-site replacement) + asusual service charges.. Making it roughly 25K..

Decided not to replace anything & thinking to sell the components motherboard & power board for whatever value it fetches..

65K that i spent for TV + warranty has no value now :(..

The dead TV fetched value of 4K INR.. Would have been happy if it fetched atleast lil more.. Local technician took it away few days back.. Anyways, end of TV..

The dead TV fetched value of 4K INR.. Would have been happy if it fetched atleast lil more.. Local technician took it away few days back.. Anyways, end of TV..

Very sorry to hear about your TV going dead. Just reading about this itself makes one feel very disappointed.
So, I guess you would be in the market for a new one now... best of luck!!

There is no point of buying expensive TVs now a days expecting better reliability. My parents TV (also a Sony) developed clouding within 5 years.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back