Sony KLV-32V550A or Samsung LA32B550 or Other

sreekz

I am planning to buy a 32" LCD for a 8-10 feet viewing distance. I did some hunting around the city and short-listed Sony KLV-32V550A and Samsung LA32B550. I was 90% inclined towards buying Sony until I ended up meeting this guy in Viveks. He said that for DTH viewing, HD-ready tv is decent enough and he seemed pretty confident that even 5-years down the road full-HD tv won't be necessary for DTH. So is it really worth buying full-HD? Even if so, is Sony worth that extra 3K or 4K or whatever? Also Samsung 5 series was stylish compared to Sony V series.

I am planning to buy a 32" LCD for a 8-10 feet viewing distance. I did some hunting around the city and short-listed Sony KLV-32V550A and Samsung LA32B550. I was 90% inclined towards buying Sony until I ended up meeting this guy in Viveks. He said that for DTH viewing, HD-ready tv is decent enough and he seemed pretty confident that even 5-years down the road full-HD tv won't be necessary for DTH. So is it really worth buying full-HD? Even if so, is Sony worth that extra 3K or 4K or whatever? Also Samsung 5 series was stylish compared to Sony V series.

Most LCDs nowadays are Full HD, as that is becoming the standard. While at a 32" size HD Ready / FHD may not matter much, better to invest in FHD from a future perspective.

I did a lot of research on both, SONYs and SAMSUNGs, and finally bought the SAMSUNG LCD. Both, SONYs & SAMSUNGs make very good LCDs. You can't go wrong with either.

However, my recommendation is that, if you have a budget constraint, you may want to look at Plasma option, since you will get a bigger screensize for around the similar price range as the SONY 32V550. At 8'-10' viewing distance you are soon going feel the need for a bigger screen real-estate after a few months.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back