Sony KLV-40EX500

cmpugay

Hi Friends

I'm new to this thread and just came across this forum while searching for some information on Sony Bravia KLV-40EX500.

I was searching Sony-Asia Website and found that there two different Models in EX500 Seriesl i.e. KLV and KDL. From the specs sheet, I could differentiate what are the difference and secondly KDL model is not at all available in India.

Also the firmware file format is different for KDL and KLV Models.

The major difference what I found was that KDL Model can play all formats of Videos from USB whereas KLV model can play only MPEG1 and MPEG2.

Can anyone help me in deciding and in case I go for KLV Model (available in India), then can I replace the firmware software with KDL model and if yes then how.

If firmware software replacement is not possible then how do I play DivX and other format of Movies from USB drive on KLV-40EX500 model.

AFAIK, it is NOT possible to change the firmware for TVs to be able to read unsupported file formats. Its sad that Sony is not doing something as silly as support common file formats - something most manufacturers support worldwide!

However, one way of doing this is by opting for a DVD player with USB, most of which have decoders for most video file formats. DVD players can also do upscaling to HD.

Hi Pannags

Just now I found that Firmware of KDL-40EX500 available on Sony USA website is having same format what KLV-EX500 model firmw3are is i.e. pkg

But still not sure whether KLV Model will detect the file or not.

Hi Pannags

Just now I found that Firmware of KDL-40EX500 available on Sony USA website is having same format what KLV-EX500 model firmw3are is i.e. pkg

But still not sure whether KLV Model will detect the file or not.

While many are capable of updating the TV / AVR firmware themselves, I would advise you NOT to update the firmware by yourself - it may void your warranty. Thoroughly check your product manual and see what are your warranty terms and conditions.

Well the indian models are closer to S.E asian models,you can get the KDL versions in the grey market.
The KDL versions usually have a digital tuner either a DVB-T in case of singapore/HK/TW models .In india we may only get DD channels in DVB-T .
Its better to stick with the KLV firmware.

KDL Models are available only in EX700, EX600 series and not in EX500 or lower series. I also checked grey market here in Bangalore but none of them is having KDL model of EX500 when I bought KLV Model series.

KDL Models are available only in EX700, EX600 series and not in EX500 or lower series. I also checked grey market here in Bangalore but none of them is having KDL model of EX500 when I bought KLV Model series.

Well you can request them to get the KDL,both carry the same price.Usually they just get what ever the importer from chennai gets from thailand.

My friend bought a White and Red colored V series open requesting,normally they only sell black.

Well you can request them to get the KDL,both carry the same price.Usually they just get what ever the importer from chennai gets from thailand.

My friend bought a White and Red colored V series open requesting,normally they only sell black.

White and Red :rolleyes: please PM me this so called grey market(shop) address would love to visit sometime and check out their collection.

TIA,
Kittu

White and Red :rolleyes: please PM me this so called grey market(shop) address would love to visit sometime and check out their collection.

TIA,
Kittu

Well its located in the gandhinagar,the malls next to the original national market such as sukh sagar,don't know the exact shop names.
Do note for the 2010 models afaik you only get one color.They usually don't have display pieces,its mostly brought to the shop from their warehouse or even from chennai.

Back