• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sony UBP X700 or Marantz UD 7007

shankyster

Dea friends, i wish to select a blu ray player between Sony UBP X700 & Marantz UD7007.

I am having Onkyo 5.1 channel home theater setpup (HTS3500)... My first priority is high quality Music like movie theater....

Kindly Help..........

If you suggest any better choice other than the above is appreciable... My budget is Max 50K

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

efernand1

Both are good players and have distinct features.......the X700 supposedly has more video and audio codecs....

You need to read the specs and take a call.....

Look at other players too.....Pioneer, Panasonic, Oppo.......

Naturelover

Your player will be more expensive than the rest of the system.
Not to put you off, but I doubt it will give you the desired result.
Sound quality depends upon all the components. Getting just one great one will not improve things much.
What player are you using now?
Do you have many blu ray or DVD discs?
Also, tell us about your room and setup.

shankyster

Your player will be more expensive than the rest of the system.
Not to put you off, but I doubt it will give you the desired result.
Sound quality depends upon all the components. Getting just one great one will not improve things much.
What player are you using now?
Do you have many blu ray or DVD discs?
Also, tell us about your room and setup.
.... What you said is correct. Presently my Samsung blu ray player BD5500 is not working.... Mostly i play music through YouTube or external Hard Disc.... Room size 10feet x 12 feet... With existing setup which one should be best for me....

efernand1

.... What you said is correct. Presently my Samsung blu ray player BD5500 is not working.... Mostly i play music through YouTube or external Hard Disc.... Room size 10feet x 12 feet... With existing setup which one should be best for me....
In that case, you would be better off hooking your laptop (which I have also done) via HDMI.....that takes care of movies and also playing content from the NET!

There are many players you can download and install from the Internet which can output 5.1 or 7.1 through HDMI...as long as the Laptop is not too old and can support these apps then you are sorted....

I use my Oppo 103 ( purchased preowned from this forum) only to play FLAC, some movies through HDD (rarely) and CDs when I have the time....the player only exist incase I need to playback something......else I use the Laptop more.....

Naturelover

Yes, a laptop or a HTPC would suit you much better. There's a good HTPC up for sale.
If you don't have physical discs, why invest in a disc player?

SPONSORED ADS