Sony UBP X700 or Marantz UD 7007

shankyster

Dea friends, i wish to select a blu ray player between Sony UBP X700 & Marantz UD7007.

I am having Onkyo 5.1 channel home theater setpup (HTS3500)... My first priority is high quality Music like movie theater....

Kindly Help..........

If you suggest any better choice other than the above is appreciable... My budget is Max 50K

Both are good players and have distinct features.......the X700 supposedly has more video and audio codecs....

You need to read the specs and take a call.....

Look at other players too.....Pioneer, Panasonic, Oppo.......

Your player will be more expensive than the rest of the system.
Not to put you off, but I doubt it will give you the desired result.
Sound quality depends upon all the components. Getting just one great one will not improve things much.
What player are you using now?
Do you have many blu ray or DVD discs?
Also, tell us about your room and setup.

Your player will be more expensive than the rest of the system.
Not to put you off, but I doubt it will give you the desired result.
Sound quality depends upon all the components. Getting just one great one will not improve things much.
What player are you using now?
Do you have many blu ray or DVD discs?
Also, tell us about your room and setup.
.... What you said is correct. Presently my Samsung blu ray player BD5500 is not working.... Mostly i play music through YouTube or external Hard Disc.... Room size 10feet x 12 feet... With existing setup which one should be best for me....

.... What you said is correct. Presently my Samsung blu ray player BD5500 is not working.... Mostly i play music through YouTube or external Hard Disc.... Room size 10feet x 12 feet... With existing setup which one should be best for me....

In that case, you would be better off hooking your laptop (which I have also done) via HDMI.....that takes care of movies and also playing content from the NET!

There are many players you can download and install from the Internet which can output 5.1 or 7.1 through HDMI...as long as the Laptop is not too old and can support these apps then you are sorted....

I use my Oppo 103 ( purchased preowned from this forum) only to play FLAC, some movies through HDD (rarely) and CDs when I have the time....the player only exist incase I need to playback something......else I use the Laptop more.....

Yes, a laptop or a HTPC would suit you much better. There's a good HTPC up for sale.
If you don't have physical discs, why invest in a disc player?

Any other models in this price to consider ?
No point in buying an Ultra HD blu ray player like the x700 for output from youtube and hard disk.
IMO you can consider the nvidia shield tv.It supports FLAC as well as passes lossless atmos if needed in future. You can easily connect a large hard drive as well.
If you have someone coming from US it would cost you less than 12k INR on amazon.com

No point in buying an Ultra HD blu ray player like the x700 for output from youtube and hard disk.
IMO you can consider the nvidia shield tv.It supports FLAC as well as passes lossless atmos if needed in future. You can easily connect a large hard drive as well.
If you have someone coming from US it would cost you less than 12k INR on amazon.com
how does nvidia diff compared to apple tv 4k ? I already own one of this, just want to understand would I really require another media player ?

You have the shield or apple tv 4K ?
1. If you already have the apple tv then you can listen to youtube videos/music but since connecting hard disk isn’t possible, you’ll have to remotely stream music from the hard disk. For that you either need a macbook to stream content from iTunes library to the apple tv. Or you can set up plex on any desktop/laptop or NAS which will do the same thing and will have to be on while you play.
Last option is to avoid hard disk and use apple music/ Spotify. Depends if the kind of music you listen to is available with them.
If you have an iPhone you can also airplay.

2. If you have the nvidia shield you are set and don’t need another player.
Or if you don’t have it , you can buy the shield and avoid the hassle.

May i ask what is the average file size/ format of a typical track you listen to, that are on you hard drive.

Dea friends, i wish to select a blu ray player between Sony UBP X700 & Marantz UD7007.

I am having Onkyo 5.1 channel home theater setpup (HTS3500)... My first priority is high quality Music like movie theater....

Kindly Help..........

If you suggest any better choice other than the above is appreciable... My budget is Max 50K
I have used both Nvidia and Bluray player. each one have their pros and cons.
There is no second thought goto BDP if you're seriously looking for sound quality.

Nvidia is good for apps like Erosnow, Amazon prime, Jio movies etc. and many more apps available.. it runs on Android OS. if you have android TV then it's not much useful to you.

Bluray player (Sony x700) - it's a miracle for me. good for Sound quality (has built-in excellent audio/video codecs) and connectivity like USB, HDD and NAS. but doesn't have many more apps except Youtube and Netflix. you can play from MP3 to DSD files.

Though I have Sony Android TV, I prefer to watch Youtube and Netflix only on my Bluray player due to it's video audio codecs. there is huge difference. there is clear noise reduction. Thing is that you need to have Excellent HDMI cables else there's flickering may occurs some times.

Marantz UD7007- I never used,

Last edited:
You have the shield or apple tv 4K ?
1. If you already have the apple tv then you can listen to youtube videos/music but since connecting hard disk isn’t possible, you’ll have to remotely stream music from the hard disk. For that you either need a macbook to stream content from iTunes library to the apple tv. Or you can set up plex on any desktop/laptop or NAS which will do the same thing and will have to be on while you play.
Last option is to avoid hard disk and use apple music/ Spotify. Depends if the kind of music you listen to is available with them.
If you have an iPhone you can also airplay.

2. If you have the nvidia shield you are set and don’t need another player.
Or if you don’t have it , you can buy the shield and avoid the hassle.

May i ask what is the average file size/ format of a typical track you listen to, that are on you hard drive.
I own a Apple TV 4k. Mostly I use it for movies only - streaming as well as downloaded BD content. I couldn't play 4k movies from Apple TV using free Apps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back