Sony vs Philips HD LED

neusun001

Hi Guys,
I'm newbie, planning to set up media room. I'm thinking of picking up an LED tv of 42". My requirements are excellent 1080p pq, abundance of HDMI ports. I don't really care for speakers on it as anyway I'm going to route them to home theatre. I'm inclined towards the DDB model Philips 42" 6000 series, but I hear Philips after sales service is pathetic. Please suggest me which way to go.

Reg budget, I can stretch for Sony, but if I'm getting good one for lesser price, why spend more.

Thanks,
Surya.

i auditioned Philips and Sony before w bought our LED.. and sony was leagues ahead in the picture quality. it was more life like and natural compared to the philips.

i suggest you audition the TV before buying. And while auditioning, take your sweet time and fiddle with the video setting, ask the sales guys to dim the light etc. thats more imp. in shops the TVs are on factory settings. fiddle with them and see which one you like more.

Sony's after sales is excellent. no idea about philips.

i auditioned Philips and Sony before w bought our LED.. and sony was leagues ahead in the picture quality. it was more life like and natural compared to the philips.

i suggest you audition the TV before buying. And while auditioning, take your sweet time and fiddle with the video setting, ask the sales guys to dim the light etc. thats more imp. in shops the TVs are on factory settings. fiddle with them and see which one you like more.

Sony's after sales is excellent. no idea about philips.

Don't buy Philips they will exit AV business very soon.........sold to Funai of Japan.

Ah! Thanks for your responses. I've seen Sony 46" 3D for a long while. An uncle of mine has one. But I did only see the Philips for a little while. In that little while I felt the screen is good. But you're right. I've to spend some time and study the detail.
Thanks a lot for your responses.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back