Sound bar or traditional Home theatre ?

Further to mu above post, the price for AVR's under consuderation as below -

1. Denon AVR - X2500H - 6200 SEK
2. Sony STR - DN 1080 - 5000 SEK
3. Onkyo TX NR 686 - 5600 SEK

Open for inputs, alternate options please.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

As per Google conversion, rates seem to be more or less same in India..... ensure warranty is also available.....

You can also look at Marantz (SR series) , Pioneer LX series.....NAD etc....audition where you can and decide......

Hi.

As per Google conversion, rates seem to be more or less same in India..... ensure warranty is also available.....

You can also look at Marantz (SR series) , Pioneer LX series.....NAD etc....audition where you can and decide......

Yes, the taxes here are also high.

I have not read much reviews on the AVR’s you mentioned, maybe they spend less of ‘paid reviews’. :)

Well overall this is what the AVRs stand out

Movies inclined 70% or more - Denon, Onkyo

Music inclined 70% or more - Marantz, Cambridge Audio

50:50 Movies and Music - Pioneer, Yamaha, NAD, Sony

Some would be paid reviews, I read all possible and even see end user videos (non company ones) over YouTube to take a final call......some brands work on their reputation in the overall market and user world.

Some would be paid reviews, I read all possible and even see end user videos (non company ones) over YouTube to take a final call......some brands work on their reputation in the overall market and user world.

Well my primary use will be movies and games through the PS.

Music is very less.

Any commmets on the AVRs I’m eyeing ?

Thanks

Hi

On the AVRs you are eyeing.....

Between the Sony and Denon.....since music is very less......go for the Denon.....

Still I would suggest you audition both AVRs with the same movie clip...preferably with the same speakers where possible to understand and get a reference point in your mind to decide.....

Both AVRs offer a host of features and connectivity. Onkyo does well in Stereo amps not AVRs!

Hey thanks for that, here is the links -

https://www.prisjakt.nu/

This site collates prices form all local websites & gives the best price.

Further to mu above post, the price for AVR's under consuderation as below -

1. Denon AVR - X2500H - 6200 SEK
2. Sony STR - DN 1080 - 5000 SEK
3. Onkyo TX NR 686 - 5600 SEK

Open for inputs, alternate options please.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to settle for inexpensive AVR, then you can choose Pioneer 5.1 AVR VSX 832, abt 4,000 SEK (or) Pioneer VSX 933 abt 4,750 SEK.. Both Atmos / Dts X capable..

You may spend the rest on speakers.. Do amazon.de deliver to your location?..

Well even i'm falling for the Denon AVR X2500H, however difficult to have demo of all these units at the same shop. I read lot of reviews on Sony STR 1080 being very good on movies.

Hi

On the AVRs you are eyeing.....

Between the Sony and Denon.....since music is very less......go for the Denon.....

Still I would suggest you audition both AVRs with the same movie clip...preferably with the same speakers where possible to understand and get a reference point in your mind to decide.....

Both AVRs offer a host of features and connectivity. Onkyo does well in Stereo amps not AVRs!
If you want to settle for inexpensive AVR, then you can choose Pioneer 5.1 AVR VSX 832, abt 4,000 SEK (or) Pioneer VSX 933 abt 4,750 SEK.. Both Atmos / Dts X capable..

You may spend the rest on speakers.. Do amazon.de deliver to your location?..

I'm more convinced with the Sony & Denon (not that i demo'ed all these units, just by reading reviews.) And yes, amazon.de does deliver here to Stockholm, any thoughts ?

Thanks

The Sony Standalone is good....but if you have heard a Denon then the Sony will not be that exciting.......

If you have always used a HTiB in the past and now moving to the Sony...it is a huge difference.....

The Sony Standalone is good....but if you have heard a Denon then the Sony will not be that exciting.......

If you have always used a HTiB in the past and now moving to the Sony...it is a huge difference.....

Ok I’m sold on Denon ;)

Now just confused between the Denon AVR X2500/3400/3500. Not much price difference, but does it makes sense to pay that extra 150-200 euro for the 3500 ?

P.s. - in the past I started with HTiB (onkyo 3400 HTD), then to Onkyo NX TR 737 with Jamo S628. Howver both these setups are in INDIA now.

Ok I’m sold on Denon ;)

Now just confused between the Denon AVR X2500/3400/3500. Not much price difference, but does it makes sense to pay that extra 150-200 euro for the 3500 ?

P.s. - in the past I started with HTiB (onkyo 3400 HTD), then to Onkyo NX TR 737 with Jamo S628. Howver both these setups are in INDIA now.
Ok I’m sold on Denon ;)

Better go with Preout model.DenonX3xxx series it has added advantage in future if you want to pump it up with external Poweramp.
Atb

I'm more convinced with the Sony & Denon (not that i demo'ed all these units, just by reading reviews.)

You seem to have used multiple AVR's, so you can skip the audition..

And yes, amazon.de does deliver here to Stockholm, any thoughts ?

Magant speaker seems to have better pricing on amazon.de.. You may check options.. Are you planning for a full 5.1.2 system?

Denon x 3400 & 3500 are higher models than the x 2500, w.r.t Audyssey capabilities as it has XT32 variant, which is usually found Denon / Maratnz Flagship models.. If 3400 suits all your needs of 4K & Atmos, then settling for a last year model & saving some money is good..

Ok I’m sold on Denon ;)

Go for the 3xxx series....ensure that you use all the features in the new model...if you are going to use only some...then settle (as also advised by other FMs) for last year flagship older model which would have the required features and better possible enhancements....

Better go with Preout model.DenonX3xxx series it has added advantage in future if you want to pump it up with external Poweramp.
Atb
You seem to have used multiple AVR's, so you can skip the audition..

Magant speaker seems to have better pricing on amazon.de.. You may check options.. Are you planning for a full 5.1.2 system?

Denon x 3400 & 3500 are higher models than the x 2500, w.r.t Audyssey capabilities as it has XT32 variant, which is usually found Denon / Maratnz Flagship models.. If 3400 suits all your needs of 4K & Atmos, then settling for a last year model & saving some money is good..
Go for the 3xxx series....ensure that you use all the features in the new model...if you are going to use only some...then settle (as also advised by other FMs) for last year flagship older model which would have the required features and better possible enhancements....

So basically you are suggesting to rule out the 2500 and decide between the 3400 and 3500, is that correct ?

Though plan is to start with 2 front speakers, but will be upgrading to 5.1.2 in within 1 year.

So basically you are suggesting to rule out the 2500 and decide between the 3400 and 3500, is that correct ?

Though plan is to start with 2 front speakers, but will be upgrading to 5.1.2 in within 1 year.

Yes.....

Good Plan with 2 speakers and then slowly add as when budget permits....

3400 is old model which you might get at some special price due to it being phased out. Quite possible that you can also get the 4400 at a lower price so look out for it as well.

Yes.....

Good Plan with 2 speakers and then slowly add as when budget permits....

Yes, buying the 3500 from Germnay now. Getting it for 700 euro.

For the speakers I guess I should start a new thread.

3400 is old model which you might get at some special price due to it being phased out. Quite possible that you can also get the 4400 at a lower price so look out for it as well.

Yes, but the 3400 is almost the same price as 3500, and couldn’t find the 4400 though.

So looks likes it will be 3500.

So folks, i had to delay my plans of buying the HT setup (life happened!), anyways I'm now going ahead & buying the Denon X3500H, costing me around 700 Euros.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Denon-AVR-X...m1a750cf8d5:g:TtUAAOSwHQdcYZ3w&frcectupt=true

Any & all comments & feedback welcomed please.

Just to recap, main requirement is movies & an amp which can be good for another 4-5 years. BTW, when does the new series come out (X3600)?

So folks, i had to delay my plans of buying the HT setup (life happened!), anyways I'm now going ahead & buying the Denon X3500H, costing me around 700 Euros.

Ok great, good choice..

Just to recap, main requirement is movies & an amp which can be good for another 4-5 years. BTW, when does the new series come out (X3600)?

x 3600, should be out in few months from now, but that would be expensive than 3500 at the time of launch..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back