Soundcard performance

Oh yes,that wld be better.

no use contacting rashi.. they wont stock any PCI based XONAR cards..
my first choise was always ST, but since it was not available with ASUS-Rashi i settled for Juli
if u want contact no for for rashi peripheral - delhi - piyush send me a pm

thats the heart of my HTPC ( actually just music PC)
got it after listening to a few dacs a couple months ago

no use contacting rashi.. they wont stock any PCI based XONAR cards..
my first choise was always ST, but since it was not available with ASUS-Rashi i settled for Juli
if u want contact no for for rashi peripheral - delhi - piyush send me a pm

I thought somebody contacted Piysuh and he had volunteered to procure if contacted directly. ... ? Was that your post earlier? I cant remember...

Cheers

I thought somebody contacted Piysuh and he had volunteered to procure if contacted directly. ... ? Was that your post earlier? I cant remember...

Cheers
Wow magma, didn't knew u had it too..
all i hear on this forum is STX, nobody talks about Juli, except for few word of encouragement from cranky..(he is the reason i searched for Juli and found good feedback), but in the race between ST and Juli, Juli is always second.
One thing for the Juli though, i feel (also read on forums), it reproduces sound from mp3 files excellently..

@magma if i remember correctly i saw ur post on techenclave enquiring for the ST? What was the reason that u didn't get it?

i don't remember posting..but yes i contacted piyush abt 5-6 months back for ST, he also redirected to me to a contact for rashi in mumbai, who finally told me that they do not stock any of the PCI based versions of XONAR..
there are 4 if i can remember correctly..
i wasn't keen on getting it imported as i had to use the sound card on my 10 yr yr old system which has a PCI bus 100, so had to test before purchasing..
next best PCI based VFM card was ESI Juli and was available in Delhi.. so took that..

now, i have switched to my new desktop, as i couldn't get my PCI based graphics card (8400GS PCI) with the PCI bus 100 and sometimes think that i could have opted for the STX..
would love to know the difference between the two..

the juli at close to half the price of the ST seemed more VFM for me especially when i thought of adding a dac to my setup later (the juli is known to have unrivaled digital out in its class and even in a class above)

Also i asked around in other forums where "Art of building computer transports" (which i have followed almost to the T ) is discussed. They adviced me to go for the juli as in the tutorial

Cheers

Gooble, it was Kamal from Delhi who contacted Piyush and got a card from Rashi. He had also posted his mobile number in another thread.

Cheers

spivirious
i rather not mention, because there are many conflicting opinions on dacs and on dacs vs Sc's

Firstly i didnt do a A B test with both pieces of equip on the same day

secondly i have always maintained im quite a noob in recognising differences

thirdly i agree with a post from a fellow member where he says that some members here post comments that lead us to presume they are quite experienced when in fact they hardly have any in depth knowledge. i could be included in this and hence i now do not post on things i have less knowledge about

yes now speaker stands! thats a different thing

P.S : i can give you a list on PM though if youre really intrested

OK, no prob.
I have gained that you need very special settings for A/B test, no disturbance & silence.
Only if you feel sound from heart,you shld consider it as best whether its entry level OR highend.

picked up the essence st from sp road yesterday night. have plugged it in, havent had time to listen much as kids were watching cartoons:). will post reviews later.

I moved my existing m-audio revolution 7.1 to my desktop which has the mx5021. there was great improvement from the on-board sound card.

now my home theater has a stereo card and the desktop has 7.1 card but only two speakers... what a mess. when is that daughter board coming for the essence.... stupid thing does not even support dts over coax.

picked up the essence st from sp road yesterday night. have plugged it in, havent had time to listen much as kids were watching cartoons:). will post reviews later.

I moved my existing m-audio revolution 7.1 to my desktop which has the mx5021. there was great improvement from the on-board sound card.

now my home theater has a stereo card and the desktop has 7.1 card but only two speakers... what a mess. when is that daughter board coming for the essence.... stupid thing does not even support dts over coax.

How much is it locally at SP road?

Cheers

Today I played D2x in win7 and the sound changed/improved a lot.
I thing drivers in win7 are much better than XP.

What I found is(better than in XP)-
1.Much clean/clear midrange.
2.Deep/tight Bass
3.Pleasent/sweat & cohesive treble.
4.Timing improved & close to perfect.
5.mp3 sounds exiting.
6.Soundstage/seperation improved.

UPDATE-
I installed foobar 1.01 with asio4all in 2ways.1.standard & 2.Portable.
I found portable setup sounds marginally better than standard(reg entry).

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back