Soundcard performance

Hi Xonar owners,
Have you tried Unixonar drivers?
UNi Xonar brainbit | Unified Xonar Drivers

Currently I am using 1.26v & sound improved a lot than original D2X drivers.
I tried few drivers modified my me,I found Claro+ drivers worked well.Cmedia drivers would sound little bright,but wide soundstage.

So unixoar is a balanced version.It gives you 3 options with C-media CP,regular improved Xonar & low latency.Now I get 10ms vs earlier 80(xonar asio setting)
Vocals sounds good,instruments clean ,seperated & very enjoyable.Do try them.

New 1.27 will be out & not installed yet.

Cheers.

Hi friends,

I DL yesterday Uni-xonar 1.27 driver & installed them only after removing old drivers(restart).
And there is really a lot difference now-

The very 1st I notised is the Soundstage which is now very Big compared to earlier drivers.
Noise/unwanted background inbetween 2 devices/instruments almost gone.

Secondly sweatness & Dynamics improved whether its music OR movie.I can here background sound cleanly now.Earlier background instruments used to sound dull or unnotised.Vocals improved a bit,not the very best like good CDp.They are not as thin as before.
Overall sound is pleasent with a space between 2 instruments.Bass is deep & bigger.

With movies there was a good centre output with no practical hiss/harshness.Brightness in movies almost nill.Dynamic are much better now.

Overall songs sounded musical on AVR(not as best as stereoamp).

Last edited:
Hi friends,

I DL yesterday Uni-xonar 1.27 driver & installed them only after removing old drivers(restart).
And there is really a lot difference now-

The very 1st I notised is the Soundstage which is now very Big compared to earlier drivers.
Noise/unwanted background inbetween 2 devices/instruments almost gone.

Secondly sweatness & Dynamics improved whether its music OR movie.I can here background sound cleanly now.Earlier background instruments used to sound dull or unnotised.Vocals improved a bit,not the very best like good CDp.They are not as thin as before.
Overall sound is pleasent with a space between 2 instruments.Bass is deep & bigger.

With movies there was a good centre output with no practical hiss/harshness.Brightness in movies almost nill.Dynamic are much better now.

Overall songs sounded musical on AVR(not as best as stereoamp).

Is this driver better than the ASUS official driver 7.12.8.1792? I use windows 7 64 bit. Please tell me:)

Is this driver better than the ASUS official driver 7.12.8.1792? I use windows 7 64 bit. Please tell me:)
These Drivers are modified from drivers of original C-media chip which Asus name as AV processor(100 or 200)
I tried myself doing same,but latency would not come below 80mc.
With there drivers ,you have options to select one which you need.see-

I am using original with low latency.

These Drivers are modified from drivers of original C-media chip which Asus name as AV processor(100 or 200)
I tried myself doing same,but latency would not come below 80mc.
With there drivers ,you have options to select one which you need.see-

I am using original with low latency.

So are u using ASUS XONAR Unified Driver 1.27?????

Last edited:
Plz tell me ur settings in this driver.

I have already installed drivers & just started setup to take screenshot to post here.
Now asio patch is only required if you need to get 5.1/7.1 upmix when using asio output.
eg-If I install drivers without tick on asio patch,the asio driver gets installed with 32bit processing with latency 10ms.But with this volume control in Xonar panal disables.You cannot control output.If you use KS/wasapi it works.
Secondly sound goes directly to front out & I cannot route it to say surr back(virtual speaker shift)where I have connected my Headphone(in 7.1opt)

With asio patch ticked,latency changes to 80ms with 24bit processing eventhough you select low latency.But I get 7.1 out from stereo input(asio).

I have already installed drivers & just started setup to take screenshot to post here.
Now asio patch is only required if you need to get 5.1/7.1 upmix when using asio output.
eg-If I install drivers without tick on asio patch,the asio driver gets installed with 32bit processing with latency 10ms.But with this volume control in Xonar panal disables.You cannot control output.If you use KS/wasapi it works.
Secondly sound goes directly to front out & I cannot route it to say surr back(virtual speaker shift)where I have connected my Headphone(in 7.1opt)

With asio patch ticked,latency changes to 80ms with 24bit processing eventhough you select low latency.But I get 7.1 out from stereo input(asio).

I have Altec Lansing MX5021 which is 2.1 speaker set so it means that I don't need to tick ASIO patch while installing. All in all I need to install this driver without ASIO patch.

Am I right?

Did you uninstall earlier driver & then installed new OR overwritten simply?
You need to uninstall & then install new.

Yes I have uninstalled the previous driver before installing this one. As I said earlier it's tough for me to differentiate the differences between these 2 driver unless I listen them side by side for comparo

Which card you had earlier? Is the difference very impressive? :clapping:

I have same card for 2yrs around & used to upgrade drivers regularly.Still I used to feel that this card is not doing best with music.with unixonar I found better output & overall sound(specially 1.27 & not 1.26)
@Abhi-You can get the difference easily with Headphones.:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back