South India Audio Meet-2013

What is your suggested date for South India Audio Meet 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wonderful. Thank you very much for the initiative.

I don't have my Home Audio setup. But, i can demo the Active setup in my car if any one interested. My setup is Alpine 9887 HU, Sinus Live 5 channel Amp, HAT Unity components.

Wonderful. Thank you very much for the initiative.

I don't have my Home Audio setup. But, i can demo the Active setup in my car if any one interested. My setup is Alpine 9887 HU, Sinus Live 5 channel Amp, HAT Unity components.

You are most welcome. I can see plenty of money has been spent on automobiles to enhance the music listening. So it will also suit for this meet.

Regards

Hi,

Srini, thank you for taking the initiative to get this started. Count me in for any assistance you need.

I can get some equipment.

Would there be any interest in listening to a vintage system either high power SS with vintage Luxman amps and Infinity RSII speakers or a classic Brit.system Quad/Leak amps and Tannoy Monitor Golds?

Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

Srini, thank you for taking the initiative to get this started. Count me in for any assistance you need.

Would there be any interest in listening to a vintage system either high power SS with vintage Luxman amps and Infinity RSII speakers or a classic Brit.system Quad/Leak amps and Tannoy Monitor Golds?

Regards
Rajiv

Yes, yes and yes, please! :)

Rajiv Sir,

Many thanks for your kind support.

I am just starter of an thread,,,You will be an one among the Main organizers and to further push the things going in right path.

For sure there will be an good support for the vintage and of-course it is difficult to beat an sound what we get from the old things. Especially Tannoy speakers /Luxman / Leak amps are hard to beat:)

Hi,

Regards
Rajiv

So far confirmation as below.

Exhibitors of Equipment:

1) Rajiv
2) Captn.Rajesh
3) Murali_n
4) Kuruvilajacob
5) srinisundar
6) Mathbhuvi
7) KiranPs

Volunteer:

7) Audio_freek

To confirm exhibit or volunteer

8) isoton - To confirm exhibit or volunteer
9) gramaphone - To confirm exhibit or volunteer
10)grubyhalo - To confirm exhibit or volunteer
11) Rameshbitra - To confirm exhibit or volunteer

Last edited:
I can bring my EPoS BS , NA7004 with some audiophile Reference FLACS, TX 8050 and MF A8cr pre.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in other areas.

I can bring my EPoS BS , NA7004 with some audiophile Reference FLACS, TX 8050 and MF A8cr pre.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in other areas.

You have an very nice setup and look forward to hear the same.

Yes, once there are enough Exhibitors at-least 20, we will look out for some good venue.

Without everybody's assistance nothing is going to move, i will be in touch you for your support.

Regards

Been away for a week, nice to get back and find a meet suggested.

Returned to internet only an hour or so ago, so have only skimmed this thread, so comments might be irrelevant, but...

--- One can have too much of a good thing! Too many demos, too much equipment, not enough time. Too many sounds make like mud in the ear and the mind, certaily not giving time for emotional involvement.

--- All things should work seamlessly. Last meet, we had a great time, with almost all positives, but only thing was that time was wasted on stuff that didn't actually work first time, thus truncating stuff that came later.

--- I don't think we can do like major audio exhibition, with listening rooms devoted to different brands/systems. With, say, ten (or even fewer) systems on display, it wouldn't work without hundreds of visitors. Each "exhibitor" will also be torn between overseeing their precious and valuable babies, and visiting the babies of others.

Whenever it happens, and in whatever format ...I'm looking forward to it :D

hi,

srini / capt rajesh / rajiv and friends..

a young nationally popular carnatic singer staying in royapettah, chennai needs some help.

Someone gifted him a yamaha avr and bose speakers ( 5.1 ). He doesnt know how to connect..

I would request out Chennai FM's to step up and PM me .. would appreciate of you can help him with this. He needs inputs on which wires to get and how to connect and would appreciate if someone can see him thru.

also.. this is not about product recommendation but connecting an already available product.

Please PM me..

Forgive me - if this is OT but i thought this was the right place where i could find chennai FM's together.

thanks,
mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
All the best folks! Listening to one FM's complete system is a good idea. However, in that case if components in that combination were chosen consciously, a discussion on why those components were chosen would be very helpful. It will help people understand the synergy and help them make decisions if they are getting there or are walking a similar line.

srini,

PM sent to you..

Please Pm me your number.

I know you will take good care..

Further comm on this topic can be by PM and sms so as not to de-rail this thread any more.

regards,
mpw

Hi,

Regards
Rajiv

Raaji, Most will be looking to see the elegance of Vintage Luxman..I will be on first row for Your stuffs

Let me know if any of my stuff interests for exhibition I am open to bring it along.
Bring them on. As for me, I can bring my Marantz CD6003, older Acoustic Portrait DAC based on dual Philips TDA 1541, Cayin TA30 Integrated amp, Class D Power amp, Pass B1 Buffer preamp and an assortment of exotic (and some not so exotic) speaker cables, power cables and inter connects.

The only thing I'm holding back are my Cadence Aristas because it would be quite a back breaking task.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back