South India Audio Meet-2013

What is your suggested date for South India Audio Meet 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

srinisundar

Oh.. No Video meet.Yes it can be done that too, if my plan works out.. Here I go to start an thread for an Chennai Audio Meet for 2013 in an different style..Do not know whether it will work out here, will try to attempt these.;)

Why to interchange all the equipment with one another system and make it complicated ??..

Everybody thinks that their system is good and suit their taste and still they find ways to improve. Why not connect theirs and visiting members can make an note on that and also enjoy those and if they are happy they can try to built like those for them:) or even quote an rate to buy those;)

Oh Ok.. What about members who don't own any system and trying to enter into same... Make a visit and enjoy the stuffs exhibited and choose your path or buy those if exhibited members are willing to sell.

No limit for demoing, anything can be demoed except 5.1 HT system.

HTPC based system and any modern streamers are most welcome to show their capability which is giving convenience for hearing music.

I know to arrange these kind of things will be pricey for the members exhibiting their systems + tough for transporting their babies, however for the sake of others we can do.

I will be discussing the above with few senior members here whether this will work out....... If not let us carry out with an usual one like mix and match.:cool:

Last edited:
I am also interested,

( Between 10th Feb- 12th March) due to my job schedule.

Regards,

You are right captain, it has come on right time:).. Thanks isoton and Audio_freek for interest..

Further threads up and we can ignite it fast.....I am thinking of booking rooms for each participant or like stall kinda arrangement to have demo of each system seperately..:p Whether it will work out ?;)

You are right captain, it has come on right time:).. Thanks isoton and Audio_freek for interest..

Further threads up and we can ignite it fast.....I am thinking of booking rooms for each participant or like stall kinda arrangement to have demo of each system seperately..:p Whether it will work out ?;)

Sri,

I haven't been to any Audio meet ,and this should my "Debut" ,Have been one for DENON show 5 years before. So will be more exited to be there.

I have some thoughts,not sure how this is going to work, can you suggest on it,sorry if its dry.

1.Reg Place, can you give try in some ECR beach resorts halls(Price wise it would be cheap+can spend time in relaxing)
2.Even for transporting things, it better compared to heart of city.
3.Booking individual room would add-up more cost,so checking for Big Hall with rented some stall materials(PCB), to place AV's.
4.Can make it scheduled for two days and show case Set-up in 50% each day.
5.Is there any chance to get some sponsorship form AV stores in Chennai? We could ask them to open the stall for brand promotion(Passive mode)

Apology if its sound silly,I have organised some Cultures at office, so just suggested out of that experience.

Hi Audio_freek,

Your input is good and appreciated likewise from everybody. Every meet runs only on collective ideas and arriving on something.

1.Reg Place, can you give try in some ECR beach resorts halls(Price wise it would be cheap+can spend time in relaxing)

ECR is fine for an place and I love too, sure lot of guys will find difficult to travel with their equipment's. This conclusion is based on last few meets.

2.Even for transporting things, it better compared to heart of city.

Answer on above

3.Booking individual room would add-up more cost,so checking for Big Hall with rented some stall materials(PCB), to place AV's.

Yes this can be decided concourse about encouraging reply from attendees with equipment or without and relying on Captn. influence to get cheaper rates.

4.Can make it scheduled for two days and show case Set-up in 50% each day.
This point is also concluded in last few meets, like nobody want to come for 2 days and generally members will be interested in keeping on sundays. May be the size of participation with equipment is in large this can be conducted as big event with public access and advertisement in newspaper:p Will see how we are going about.

5.Is there any chance to get some sponsorship form AV stores in Chennai? We could ask them to open the stall for brand promotion(Passive mode)

Yes, very good possibilities are there and last meet also we had sponsors and if my plan work out there will be more participants.:)

Last edited:
Sri,

Thanks for a detailed answer? In fact the questions were for 1 Mark and you answered for 5 mark and scored over the max:)

So any interesting Stats available in previous Audio-meet at chennai?

Total meting organised(With years):
Last meet organised:
Members appeared:
Any surprise incidents happen(Other than identifying and making fun on REAL faces Behind the forum Login name's)
Any Set-up won the meet?
What was the feedback from our FM's?

If any of the Answer is sensitive, then please omit answering the same:)

These stats will increase the audience and participation for the Meet.

Thanks for the time spent in replying my silly questions:)

Sri,

Thanks for a detailed answer? In fact the questions were for 1 Mark and you answered for 5 mark and scored over the max:)

So any interesting Stats available in previous Audio-meet at chennai?

Total meting organised(With years):
Last meet organised:
Members appeared:
Any surprise incidents happen(Other than identifying and making fun on REAL faces Behind the forum Login name's)
Any Set-up won the meet?
What was the feedback from our FM's?

If any of the Answer is sensitive, then please omit answering the same:)

These stats will increase the audience and participation for the Meet.

Thanks for the time spent in replying my silly questions:)

Nothing sensitive and all are opinions. All the answers were here..

Few threads i could get including visit to members place.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/30603-chennai-mini-hifi-meet-captain-rajesh-house.html

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/25430-evening-thiel-cs-1-6-speakers.html

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/22570-chennai-hfv-meet-29th-january-2012-a.html

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/8161-2nd-chennai-hfv-meet.html

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/7299-chennai-hfv-meet-1-6-dec-2009-a.html

Regards

OK.. Started Summarizing the attendees so far...

1) Captn.Rajesh
2) Murali_n
3) srinisundar
4) Audio_freek
5) isoton
6) kiranPs
7) gramaphone

Equipment list bringing will be updated in a google sheet and the links will be sent to all participants.. please send an test e-mail to chennaiaudio ATT gmail.com to loop for further communication.

Regards

Last edited:
Me too Mr Srini. Count me in pls

Just planing to move up from AVR stereo to dedicated stereo gears.

Last edited:
OK.. Started Summarizing the attendees so far...

1) Captn.Rajesh
2) Murali_n
3) srinisundar
4) Audio_freek
5) isoton
6) kiranPs

Equipment list bringing will be updated in a google sheet and the links will be sent to all participants.. please send an test e-mail to chennaiaudio ATT gmail.com to loop for further communication.

Regards

Srini,

Thanks for adding me in the club:).I regret to inform ,i might not able to contribute "Setup" as I got settled in Bangalore:(,recently

But would be happy do any other task assigned to me

On discussion with "Rajiv" i am changing the title to "South India Audio Meet-2013".

He has suggested members from Kerala / Karnataka/ Andhra ( if possible from other regions) too can bring their equipment for display and demoing with pride. And this event can be done for 2 days if there is enough interest and public access shall be provided with support of local newspapers.:)

Let us see how many members will be keen to bring their equipment by overnight drive to Chennai city:)

Thats good Option:)

People form Andhra and Bangalore could travel easily to Chennai over Night, But bit difficult for the FM's from Kerala, need to travel more than 12 Hr(Ave) to reach Chennai.
But with real Enthu ,People would drive even for days:)

Awaiting for the response

Ok, I will add my equipment list i can display if the meet like above works out..

1) Stereo : Tube based Quicksilver Mid Monoblocks & also Sold State Vincent Mono's + Lyrita DHT Pre + Music Hall CD25.2 ( + Laptop streaming thru DAC ) + Thiel CS1.6 + Bryston DAC - I can play combination with or without DAC to see difference + of course with lot of cables to play around.

If the session is for 2 days I can bring my HT too... Or in another room i can set this..

2) Marantz 7002 + Jamo 5.1 + Samsung BD player + Mitsubishi PJ 4900 + 110" Screen

Regards

Ok, I will add my equipment list i can display if the meet like above works out..

1) Stereo : Tube based Quicksilver Mid Monoblocks & also Sold State Vincent Mono's + Lyrita DHT Pre + Music Hall CD25.2 ( + Laptop streaming thru DAC ) + Thiel CS1.6 + Bryston DAC - I can play combination with or without DAC to see difference + of course with lot of cables to play around.

First set -Tempting :)

BABA Counting started :).

So its going to be Feast for Ears and Eyes:yahoo: and for Camera's as well

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back