SPDIF Transport: Allo Digione or Allo Digione Signature Bundle (seeking opinions)

@Doomster69 Is it digone or digione Signature.
Digione Signature is more detailed that USBridge Signature which is a bit on the warmer side.
If you do not have hires, my vote goes to digione signature.

@Doomster69 Is it digone or digione Signature.
Digione Signature is more detailed that USBridge Signature which is a bit on the warmer side.
If you do not have hires, my vote goes to digione signature.
have the non signature version powered by nirvana.. source is tidal and flacs on mac..

Yes digione signature is definitely more resolving.. i see one in my future :)

Anyone using the BNC out on Digione?
Wanted to know if RCA and BNC are buffered separately or just a Y-tap after a single output buffer.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have Digione Signature for long time . never cared to use it , till recently i got a chance to try with a good power supply which improved many aspect of this transport , especially it becomes more organic without loosing out any details or dynamic ( it blooms when its there in the recording ) .

Earlier i tried with Shanthi PSU , IFI pure power and battery bank , none of these were good .

I have Digione Signature for long time . never cared to use it , till recently i got a chance to try with a good power supply which improved many aspect of this transport , especially it becomes more organic without loosing out any details or dynamic ( it blooms when its there in the recording ) .

Earlier i tried with Shanthi PSU , IFI pure power and battery bank , none of these were good .
Keen to know which power supply. Was Shanti sounding thin in your experience?

I too use a LPS which is superior to Shanthi

Shanthi was smoother and darker and takes away some of the harmonics ( can not really say if that was thin )
In my case, the culprit was the coax cable which i was using. It was a normal rca being used as coax. It was making the sound metallic. I was contemplating to buy another lps and was under the impression that shanti has some issue. I had recently purchased a second shanti also, and was doubting that my decision was wrong.

Then i started investigating. I tried a coax cable myself, using simple enamelled wire and normal rca connectors, purchased from local electrical/repair shop amd soldered it at home. The metallic/ thinness went away and now i find it much better and relaxed to listen to. No more complaints with shanti. Attaching pic of the rca cable being used as coax.

Attachments

• 20211015_173348.jpg
    20211015_173348.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 31
Anyone using the BNC out on Digione?
Wanted to know if RCA and BNC are buffered separately or just a Y-tap after a single output buffer.

Cheers,
Raghu
Long term update:
Since acquiring the Soekris DAC I have connected the Digione streamer/player to two DACs (plus chain of electronics and speakers)
RCA out goes to Parasound DAC (in built in 200Pre) and BNC out goes to Soekris. The outputs are available simultaneously.
Useful connectivity options, I would say.

Cheers,
Raghu

Long term update:
Since acquiring the Soekris DAC I have connected the Digione streamer/player to two DACs (plus chain of electronics and speakers)
RCA out goes to Parasound DAC (in built in 200Pre) and BNC out goes to Soekris. The outputs are available simultaneously.
Useful connectivity options, I would say.

Cheers,
Raghu
Im thinking of getting a usb transport for my denafrips dac. Was wondering if the USB bridge with Shanti lps wud be a good addition? Main limitation is the useability over wifi. Does the usb brigde work well with an add on wifi receiver?

Currently using the allo digione with lps fed by a mogami 75ohms spdif cable. Using Moode software. Also feeding the dac via usb direct from Mac air. With USB oversampling, the sound is much airier and bass is more textured with similar weight. RCA is slightly more smoother/liquid in both the treble and bass compared to usb.

FYI, I use the stock PS (wall-wart) with Digione. Good enough for Rs. 500.
Did consider Shanthi and Nirvana, but the cost could not be justified :D
Cheers,
Raghu

Im thinking of getting a usb transport for my denafrips dac. Was wondering if the USB bridge with Shanti lps wud be a good addition? Main limitation is the useability over wifi. Does the usb brigde work well with an add on wifi receiver?

Currently using the allo digione with lps fed by a mogami 75ohms spdif cable. Using Moode software. Also feeding the dac via usb direct from Mac air. With USB oversampling, the sound is much airier and bass is more textured with similar weight. RCA is slightly more smoother/liquid in both the treble and bass compared to usb.
USB Bridge is a good usb streamer but if you really want to upgrade go for allo digione signature. The usb bridge is same as digione that you already have on sound quality.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back