Speaker isolation spikes

corElement

Hello,

Tomorrow I am getting new front towers, a pair of pre klipsch ( Chinafication ) jamo e875's which totally blew me with its clarity and 50% discount price. These are the predecessors of the present c607. They are unused new pieces with 1-2 minor cosmetic issues. A problem I have run into is that, these being about 5 years old and having being kept away safely, the isolation spikes/feet have gone missing.

I have inspected the towers closely and it appears there is no drilled thread holes at the bottom like my present s718's have. This leads me to believe they stood on some sort of dual feet joined together upon which the speaker was squeezed into. However If I go by the pics it is hard to make out.

jamo_e875.jpg

All the present models have drilled holes thus they are unusable on this model.

71146_1.jpg

This is the present model, the c607

I initially thought that I could get spikes online and screw them into a standard jamo m8 size thread but since theres no drilled hole that is purely out of the question. I tried searching online and the forums for a suitable solution for feet but I am unable to find any feet that are joined from the center under a price of 100usd.

For the moment I will use a carpet below the towers but I was wondering if anyone could give me a budget / online purchase solution under 100$

Hi cracky, I'm afraid the link you gave is indeed for new isolation spikes but I'm kind of afraid of actually drilling into the speaker. I'd rather not drill at all, would you happen to have any suggestions what other methods/types of support/with spikes/flat ends I could use?

What do you think if I just placed a thick sheet of rubber cut out to the footprint of the towers under it? Bad/good idea?

LMAO sorry typo.... cracky LOL XD rofl

I really laughed out loud reading that and then seeing I wrote cracky XD.

Eitherways thank you for the suggestion, though Im curious..

I understand why vibration may be a problem in acoustics, but what is the logic behind also avoiding the "spring action". Just for understanding purposes.

Please use Anabond 5 rupees pack, which is like chewed chewing gum.

Take a piece roll it into a ball then dab it on to flatten and stick on the flat surface end of the spikes, then stick it at the spot your have marked out for spikes at the speaker corners.

I use them with 14KG speakers, no problem whatsoever.

Regards

Edit: of course you need spikes with a sufficiently flat circular head for this not ones the threaded screw type ends ...

Last edited:
One thing you can try is to place the speakers on slightly large pumice stones that are placed on the four corners. Pumice stones are supposed to absorb vibration.

The other thing you can do is to place large hard rubber bushes that are commonly available in all hardware shops. Actually the Audire IO2s come with just these. But they are so heavy that their weight itself stops all vibration, if any. If you do not want to screw the bushes, as Gobble said, use Araldite or Quickfix to stick the bushes on the four corners of the speakers.

Cheers

get custom made threaded inserts ( like nuts)
Superglue them onto the base

use threaded spike in the insert

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back