Speaker suggestion for Sony str dn1050

vinothkumar

Hi Guys,
I have ordered Sony Str Dn1050 in amazon.com and it is about to arrive in 2 days. It has 6 to 16 ohm impedance and 165 rms per channel.

I need your suggestions to buy speaker package for this. My budget is around 60K.

I require 10" Sub, 2 floor standing speakers, 2 bookshelf surround speakers and a center channel.

Right now I have finalised 2 brands polk audio and Tannay these are speakers.

Floor standing : TSX330
Surround: TSX110
Center: TSX150C
Sub: PSW110

Or Tannoy HTS 101

But I love polk package more than Tannoy.

If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Guys I received the AV Receiver please help to buy speakers..

I have bose acoustimas 10 series is also in my mind. so please help me guys..

Last edited:
Guys My AV receiver is not turning on. I directly plugged in the sockets in the wall and pressed the power button, nothing happens.

If plugged it in the TV stabiliser then I can hear a tick sound, green light is getting on and after 4 or 5 seconds it is turned off automatically.

What do I need to do? Guys please help me.

Hi,

If it is from Amazon.com, then must be with 110w power supply and you need a step up transformer to 220 -240. Without step up, do not use the AVR

Hi, nowadays features available in AVRs are almost the same across all Brands and it is the personal taste and others influence pushes you to decide which one to buy. Though Sony AVRs have good reviews in Europe and US, here in India it Is not available like other Brands that have dedicated Dealers for their AVR ( for twice the price ) and also availability of service and warranty.

I have no regret in buying Sony str sn-1030 from eBay global at a price where no other brand could provide the features like wifi, AirPlay and Bluetooth at that time.While selecting the speaker, again I have gone with the budget concious and Got the Polk. For movies, Sony DN 1030 is great and going by the review, 1050 is better than the 1030. For music, it is on little bit bright and again it is a personal taste.

I would suggest you to avoid tsx330 but go with at least 440 and go for the demo in profx with Denon as Sony avr is mostly compared with denon for the sound quality.

Regards

Last edited:
Thank you Pakecc...

I have plugged in the receiver 3 or 4 times directly to the socket as well as with TV stabiliser. Every time I got a tick sound and then it is getting turned off. I contacted SONY customer care through online chat and they told me to press the power button for 5 seconds continuously. But after that, it was not at all switching on and the power indicator itself is not turning on.

Has my transformer get burned or it went to PROTECTION mode?. I have not connected to any speakers so for..

Will http://www.amazon.in/MAXINE-Step-Transformer-Watts-250/dp/B00LZUKFEK/ref=pd_cp_e_0 this be supported to my receiver?

Please help me guys..

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Please help me as soon as possible.. If it has any issues then I have to return it to USA..

Hi,

If it is from Amazon.com, then must be with 110w power supply and you need a step up transformer to 220 -240. Without step up, do not use the AVR

Hi, sorry I meant to say step down transformer . You can get it from Maxine at richi street. If you already got it, connect thru the step down transformer only not at all to a voltage stabiliser to direct wall outlet.

Press the power on button fOr 5 seconds and look for any message in the display screen. All the best

Regards

You need an appropriate capacity step down transformer. A 110v avr will not work in India without it. Stop putting it into the wall socket directly and operating you will fry your internals if yu havent already Also why are you using a tv stabalizer to run an avr. With 7 channels and around 110 watts per channel look for a decent capacity step down transformer plug the step down transformer into the wall and the avr into the transformer.

Thank you guys for all your support and answers.

I will buy it for sure. Nothing had happened to my new receiver so far right? Because I plugged in directly to wall socket...????/

Thank you for ur reply.

I plugged it 2 / 3 times directly. Would it be damaged?

I am going to buy the transformer today...

Please reply.

It could be damaged since its not meant to take the electric load you were trying to feed into it. Once you get a step down transformer then see if it functions normally.

Guys I received the AV Receiver please help to buy speakers..

I have bose acoustimas 10 series is also in my mind. so please help me guys..
Hi Vinoth,

Did you got the avr shipped from amazon.com or somebody brought it for you??

If shipped then how much was the damage ?

Regarding transformer I am not sure about AVR but the ps4 that I bought on my recent trip supports 110v to 240v and hence no step down transformer needed.

I would suggest to check the voltage rating on the AVR(must be near the power cable jack) and purchase stepdown only if necessary.

I directly purchased it from amazon.com. And it will support only 110V. I need to buy step down transformer for it. I dont see any shops nearby to my place to buy.

Even if it is damaged, how can I repair it, where can I repair it? It comes with manufacturer warranty only. Will sony india cover this warranty?

I cannot return this product because again I have to pay duty charge...

Calm down. Get hold of a step down transformer first and run the avr through it. Damage no damage what damage will come afterwards.
Get in touch with forum members from your area for assistance. A step up/down transformer is a fairly basic component.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. I will try buying it today for sure.

I am still afraid of it. Will sony india will service the device here?

I have spent almost twice as the product price. It is 34520 AVR + 10164 Shipping + 13255 duty charge...

Sony India may service it for a fee or they may deny it since the model is not sold in India.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back