Speaker's for CA 340A

hauntedhunter

Hi All,

I'm building my first stereo setup and have finally decided to buy CA 340A as my amp ( couldn't audition NAD in Delhi :sad: ).
Need a pair of bookshelf's for this now.

Please suggest me a good one within 10-12K INR ( Very restricted on my budget ).

Choice of music : Rock ( More of classic rock stuff like Pink Floyd,Nirvana,Metallica etc. ) + Action movies + Fusion like Indian Ocean,Midieval Punditz.

Thanks in advance

1.Mordaunt Short 902i Rs.14000/-

2.Wharfedale Diamonds Rs.11000/-

3. Mission M33i -----------Rs.15000/-

These speakers pair very well with the CA . But try to audition before buying .

David.

Hi All,

I'm building my first stereo setup and have finally decided to buy CA 340A as my amp

You can go for CA540A instead of 340A. It's just 2k extra.
i have listened to CA340A with Wharfedale 9.1. It lacks the power to drive them.
maybe it will have enough power to drive MS 902, as they are more sensitive speakers.

You can go for CA540A instead of 340A. It's just 2k extra.
i have listened to CA340A with Wharfedale 9.1. It lacks the power to drive them.
maybe it will have enough power to drive MS 902, as they are more sensitive speakers.

i say get the 540 A for 2k extra -worth when you upgrade later (i am sure you will).

Better listen to the mission m33 (13k) paired with the Cambridge - totally neutral sound. But i would say if you are going for floorstanders - the mission m34 has superior bass. Comes for 17k

Hey how much should I expect the price of 340A & 540A V2 ?

Actually I'm very limited on budget,can't spend for more than 25-27K for the amp + speaker combo :sad:.

Please keep the suggestion's coming,it's really helpful

Hi HauntedHunter -

Personally I would go with 540v2 if you can. These sound much better than the 340.

Hey how much should I expect the price of 340A & 540A V2 ?

Actually I'm very limited on budget,can't spend for more than 25-27K for the amp + speaker combo :sad:.

Please keep the suggestion's coming,it's really helpful

One of the best choices will be CA's own Sirocco S30 speakers (Sirocco S30 bookshelf speaker / Sirocco / Products / Cambridge Audio). This sells from some 8000 a pair and will work very well with CA 340A.

Cheers

i second that,and even better if u manage to find the CA Sirocco ULTIMA SL30 its positioned above SIROCCO S30.

offTopic .BTW cambridge a audio will soon launch a higher ULTIMA version of S70 floorstanders called SL70 this one has 3 drivers for bass and mid.there is a teaser shot in their new catalog.when i asked CA about this they said its slated for Q4 launch.

Thanks all...

Any idea if CA S70 floorstander is available in India? and at waht price ?

Hi hunter:

If you're so sure on getting CA 340A SE, then Diamond 9.1/9.2 or MS 902i are best match. And, CA jells with MS speakers very well. Don't match 340 with any floor standers, please, they don't have the power to drive even speakers like MS 906i.

Having said that, if you could step up your budget of the amp, then 540A V2 is worth it. Then, you have wide variety of floor standers to mix and match with them.

I would say go for the diamond 9.1. You can add a sub later when budget permits - to go below 50hz.

Regards

Thanks...

I was reading that since 340A is not a very powerful amp,I should be pairing it with a speaker with higher sensitivity ( WH diamond 9.1 : 68 dB, MS 902i : 89 dB , Mission M33i : 90 dB ).

Can someone explain ?

(Cosidering that logic mission m33i should go best with 340A is it ?? )

Please help

Thanks all...

Any idea if CA S70 floorstander is available in India? and at waht price ?

well the CA s70 speakers will be launched after may price should be around 20k.well although the CA S70 can easily be driven by CA340A its just that u cant play it at high volumes.

Thanks everyone for all the inputs

How will a CA 340A + mission m33i combo do ?

( Actually there are no dealer's for mission in Delhi and I kinda liked mission m33i because of it's price and the 6.5" driver,but I can't audition it )

( Also since the sensitivity of m33i is high @ 90 dB )

Please comment...

Hi are you sure of the CA amps??

Would you be willing to look at a better one from Yamaha? At a budget of 25-30 K, I would suggest go for a Yamaha AX 397 - approx 15K with bill in Delhi). Powerful amp (I would rate this better than the 340A) and pairs well with Wharfdales 9.1/9.2 (approx 12K) - all within your budget leaving couple of grands for the wires/interconnects, etc.

With the Yamaha amp, you can easily pair it well with floorstanders as well... I have seen it pair with Mordaunt Short 904i and heard this setup. Sounds good and within your budget.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back