speakers for DENON 1509

mitch

hi! I have been reading messages on this sight for a few months . I need some help. after reading thru the messages I decided to buy denon 1509 Av receiver and wharfedale diamond 9.0 HCP speakers. I am a little tight on budget, don't want to cross 60000/-.
the retailer now suggest that I buy diamond 9.1 instead as 9.0 will start cracking at higher volume with denon 1509.
any suggestions?

hi! I have been reading messages on this sight for a few months . I need some help. after reading thru the messages I decided to buy denon 1509 Av receiver and wharfedale diamond 9.0 HCP speakers. I am a little tight on budget, don't want to cross 60000/-.
the retailer now suggest that I buy diamond 9.1 instead as 9.0 will start cracking at higher volume with denon 1509.
any suggestions?

Buddy

With Denon-1509, go in for Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 package...
You must have auditioned, the Wharfedale with Mr. Danny, Bass n Treble...

Ask him how Q Acoustics is...

Or visit Q Acoustics and see how are they placed...

Mitch,

I've paired a 1909 with Diamond 9.6s and am really happy with it.

(had to edit this, what I have is 1909 and not 1509)

Last edited:
Mitch:

The Diamond 9.0 is rated at 15 to 75 watts at 6 ohms, while the 1509 can pump out 110 watts at 6 ohms. This could certainly stress the speakers a bit if you play at very high volumes.

When you say 60K max, I am assuming it includes the cost of the amp. How much are you getting the amp at? based upon that we can see which speakers will best fit your budget.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have bought 1509 for Rs 20500/- from bass and treble, same price was quoted by trinity sound and vision in delhi

I have bought 1509 for Rs 20500/- from bass and treble, same price was quoted by trinity sound and vision in delhi

Congrats mitch, that leaves about 40k for the speaker package.
Then you should definitely check out the q accoustics package, iirc at 45k.

Four Wharfedale 9.0 will cost about 32K, the 9CC about 10K, and the SW150 about 18K. So that totals up to 60 over and above your amp cost, unless they have special price for the 9HCP as a package.

Take a little time off and audition the Q-A 1010i package. See if you like the sound as compared to the Wharfedale.

If you are very particular about the Wharfedales, you can also look at assembling a 5.1 set over a period of time. You can but the fronts now, followed by the centre, sub, and the surrounds as and when you have the money. If you are doing that, I would recommend that you get the 9.2s as fronts and add a 9CC, SW150, and 2x9.0 for surround later.

Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back