Speakers for Trance Music under 20K

Imagine his living room :)

Also, why the limitation to 20k? if I may ask.

Dude, I live in a flat in Dwarka , Not in some mansion :) .This is a visualized picture of my living room in 3D .

why the limitation to 20k?
Obviously due to budget constraints :(

The Audioengines do NOT produce floor pounding bass , even when placed on heavy speaker stands Sound Foundations - SAL Alif-S/R Speaker Stand I augmented the bass using the Audioengine AS8 subwoofer.However,I would still recommend the A5 considering your room size as they do play pretty loud ( and clear ) :)
I would also recommend the Audioengines considering the fact that Bajaao.com has a terrific RMA policy http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/20584-audioengine-bajaao-com-rma-policy.html , just make sure that you call them up before placing your order online to make sure that they have the speakers in stock - this has been a sour point with some hifivision members who placed the order online but were then informed that the speakers were currently unavailable.

I wish i could listen to them before buying . Since everyone here is recommending A5 . I hope they must be pretty good. What's your opinion regarding bass ?

The Audioengines do NOT produce floor pounding bass , even when placed on heavy speaker stands Sound Foundations - SAL Alif-S/R Speaker Stand I augmented the bass using the Audioengine AS8 subwoofer.However,I would still recommend the A5 considering your room size as they do play pretty loud ( and clear ) :)
I would also recommend the Audioengines considering the fact that Bajaao.com has a terrific RMA policy http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/20584-audioengine-bajaao-com-rma-policy.html , just make sure that you call them up before placing your order online to make sure that they have the speakers in stock - this has been a sour point with some hifivision members who placed the order online but were then informed that the speakers were currently unavailable.

I hope Audioengine A5 without any external subwoofer would suffice. I read on several other forums , people are recommending DAC'S with A5 . I already have a Realtek HD sound card on my PC . what do you reckon ?

I hope Audioengine A5 without any external subwoofer would suffice. I read on several other forums , people are recommending DAC'S with A5 . I already have a Realtek HD sound card on my PC . what do you reckon ?

Realtek HD onboard Sound is not good enough for music. Go for good external sound card link Xonar Essence STX, Juli@ etc or you may go for USB DAC.

@stryik3r

well sound card is necessary if you want to reveal the true potential of any speaker.

Now if you want sound card+speakers under 20k or upto 20k so there is an option:

Swans D1080MKII 08 + Sound Card like Asus Xonar Essence STX

or if you can stretch your budget a bit more further so Swans M200MKII + Asus Xonar Essence STX

Else settle with Swans M200MKII for now and buy the sound card later when you have a budget but buy for sure coz sound card will reveal the true potential of Swans.

I don't need to praise the quality of Swans, A simple google search will tell you that.

Thanks & Regards.

I was very impressed with the A5 but then up-graditis bit me (!) and hence I bought the subwoofer :) and the nuforce udac.
Well ,even a cheap USB DAC like the nuforce udac had quite a profound effect on the SQ from my A5.I guess that an external DAC does make a difference compared to the onboard sound card.

I was very impressed with the A5 but then up-graditis bit me (!) and hence I bought the subwoofer :) and the nuforce udac.
Well ,even a cheap USB DAC like the nuforce udac had quite a profound effect on the SQ from my A5.I guess that an external DAC does make a difference compared to the onboard sound card.

Well, A5 costs - 18K , S8 subwoofer another 18K ,= 36K , Throw a nuforce udac , another 7 K = 45K total ..whoaaa

Wish i could spend 50K on speakers setup :( anyway, i am shortlisted these options. Please suggest the optimum choice . Remember , I love trance music :)

1. Audioengine A5 + Asus Xonar Essence STX

2. Swans M200MKII + Asus Xonar Essence STX

Both combos are similarly priced. One question I'd like to ask though , Should i go for USB dac or Xonar Essence STX ?
I guess , only drawback with STX is , i won't be able to connect it with Laptop or another portable devices ?

Regarding subwoofer, Instead of selling my old Logitech Z-2300 , It has a mammoth subwoofer . Can i connect it to A5 or Swans ?

You guys are amazing, thanks for helping me out !! :) Much appreciated :)

Well, A5 costs - 18K , S8 subwoofer another 18K ,= 36K , Throw a nuforce udac , another 7 K = 45K total ..whoaaa

Wish i could spend 50K on speakers setup :( anyway, i am shortlisted these options. Please suggest the optimum choice . Remember , I love trance music :)

1. Audioengine A5 + Asus Xonar Essence STX

2. Swans M200MKII + Asus Xonar Essence STX

Both combos are similarly priced. One question I'd like to ask though , Should i go for USB dac or Xonar Essence STX ?
I guess , only drawback with STX is , i won't be able to connect it with Laptop or another portable devices ?

Regarding subwoofer, Instead of selling my old Logitech Z-2300 , It has a mammoth subwoofer . Can i connect it to A5 or Swans ?

You guys are amazing, thanks for helping me out !! :) Much appreciated :)
As far I know, the computer speakers work as one unit.

That means you cannot connect more speakers to it.
Neither can you connect this to another speaker.

If you wish to use your Logitech sub-woofer, then you need to install one crossover board.
This will split the audio signal from your sound card into extreme low freq (<60Hz or whatever you wish), and the rest.

The rest can go to new Speakers, and the ELF can go to Logitech system.

Are such boards available in market?
No idea.

Hi again , I am getting ASUS Xonar STX at around RS 7,500 . Looks value for money .One question is tough, Should i get nuforce Udac or STX ? With STX i won't be able to connect it with Laptop .

I would stick with xonar but since you game the xonar d2x might make more sence for you because the essence isnt optimized for best cpu performance with games. Xonar d2x is 8500 I think. Where did you get the quote for 7500 from?

I would stick with xonar but since you game the xonar d2x might make more sence for you because the essence isnt optimized for best cpu performance with games. Xonar d2x is 8500 I think. Where did you get the quote for 7500 from?

But, everybody around here is recommending STX . I've also saw some reviews and they are pretty astonishing .I got quote from Nehru place (SMC international) but currently , they are outta stock.

But, what do you say about nuforce udac ? and can you please tell me where i could buy them in Delhi ?

I received my Asus Xonar STX yesterday. The difference is apparent but should play true to its potential after 50-100 hours of burn-in.

Go for Audioengine A5. They are really good sounding. I haven't heard Swans though.

No idea baout nudac but there's a reason why the d2x exists and its because of games. From what I remember it reduces load from cpu for various effects games are dependent on. The stx is more of a stereophile / headphone amp soundcard. Besides, they both use the same DAC's.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back