Speakers for Yamaha Avantage RX-A3010

sathi

Hi Guys,

I just recently bought a Yamaha Avantage RX-A3010 A/V Receiver. I would like you to recommend a good set of HT Speakers for me. I will be using the system typically for Watching TV, Movies and listening to music from 80s. The genre of music I like are R&B, POP and Country. Once in a blue moon, I may listen to Western Classical Symphony. My choice of music is typically not too hard but I like good tracks from GunsNRoses and Nirvana. I have no connect with current English Music but I do join my wife to listen to contemporory Tamil melodies.

In terms of preference, I would not like the audio to be too bright. I would settle for natural or laid back.

I checked out the local stores, and have decided on two sets of speakers in two different price ranges.

a) < 3L : Focal Chorus

CHORUS 836 V:300 W 3 Way Tower Speaker
CHORUS CC 800 V :200 W, 2-Way Center Speaker
CHORUS SR 800 V: 150 W,2-Way Bi-Polar Surround Speakers
CHORUS SW 800 V: 500 W 11" Powered Subwoofer

b) < 5L : Monitor Audio Gold

Monitor Audio GX 300
Monitor Audio GX 350 C
Monitor Audio GXFX
Monitor Audio GX 50
Monitor Audio GXW 15

My room size is 19 ft Length x 12 Ft Wide x 10ft height.

I have the following questions:

1. What are your opinions on the above choice of speaker systems?
2. What are better alternatives?
3. Which system will I get better value for money?
4. Can you suggest suitable English and Tamil Audio tracks for the final audition?

Please feel free to comment and advise me.

Sathi

Last edited:
I would say audition independently each item instead of going as a package..

I own Focal 836v/cc908/SW 800.. I purchased from profx hyderabad..

No doubt in 836v towers or SR800 as they are simply amazing..

Coming to center: I didn't like cc800 sound but cc908 was mind blowing.. It was simply WOW.. There was one more from Kef (Q600c) that sounded better than cc800 but doesn't match how cc908 sounds..

Same with Sub.. I own SW800 but when I purchased SW908 was pretty costly.. If I had that little extra budget at that time I would have undoubtedly gone for SW908..

So my suggestion listen to them individually..

I didn't audition Monitor audio but If I were to go with Focal I would choose 836v/cc908/SR800/SW908..

Good Luck in whatever you choose & :yahoo:

I am using my old Sonar Faber 4 x Concerto , 2 x Cremona main , 1x Center and 1x Sub woofer.

Just trying to set up for my new RX-A3010 but could not able to set the speaker ohms. Tried many time but nothing was displayed

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back