Speakers to go with Denon 1612 (new)

J VISHNU VARDHAN

Hi

I auditioned Jamo C603 for Denon 1612. Cinebels played the speakers through Maranz but confirmed it would match Denon 1612. Sounds great but priced 28k. The listed price is US$299 which works out to 16k. I thought it is overpriced. My price range is 15 to 18k.

Please advise.

can you post the sensitivity of the speakers, minimum power required by the speakers and your room size so we can calculate whether it would fit your needs

I'm mostly into music, Planing to buy Denon AVR-1312 or AVR-1612.
im planing to set the avr with Yamaha NS-50F / NS-8390 speakers (later i will build on subs and other speaker)
wanted to confirm with the gurus, will the speaker be able to justify the AVR?
(budget constraints ) else what will be your suggestion.

room size is 23' x 19'

@netant
Any amplifier can drive any speaker just that you can run them to clipping depending on your requirements, room size and sensitivity of the speakers.
i just went through the specs of the yamaha 50f - it says 91db sensitivity and 6ohm impedance. again assuming you sit at a distance of 18ft, so with all the db losses calculated at your sitting position you would end up with 93 db with an amplifier input of 32 watts at 6 ohm. more power in the amplifier is good so go for 1612.
Please audition with some music that you know very well for checking the fidelity of these speakers and reproduction capability of these speakers.

I'm mostly into music, Planing to buy Denon AVR-1312 or AVR-1612.
im planing to set the avr with Yamaha NS-50F / NS-8390 speakers (later i will build on subs and other speaker)
wanted to confirm with the gurus, will the speaker be able to justify the AVR?
(budget constraints ) else what will be your suggestion.

room size is 23' x 19'

For the love of god, stay away from those horrible floorstanders. It was like manrape to my ears. You're better off getting smaller bookshelves which emit better quality sound. Those yamaha floorstanders are total epic fail. In sonics, build AND material. Don't be fooled because they're just floorstanders, good floorstanders are difficult to make and these just look the part but they're as bad as a PA system speaker.

One thing I cant understand is why there is such lack of awareness/interest about Pioneer SP 51 FS on this forum. These are the best floor-standers in the budget range and honestly speaking one would be hard pressed to find something comparable for even double the price.

I had posted a detailed review about these and so had spiro but I dont think it has been much help in bringing these gems to notice. They are a rage on all other forums and I dont think they would cost more than 20k for a pair here in India.

Cambridge audio sirocco s70 floorstanders are around 17-18k I believe

sicccoos70_7.jpg

Hi

Jamo C603 is 6 ohm impedence with power range of 10 to 120 watts. My room size is 16 by 14.

as per my search c603 is a bookshelf, assuming you sit at a distance of 14 feet: generally the manufacturers rate their minimum wattage lesser then it actually would require to drive the speakers. so considering all the above the denon would support your requirements based on room size and the wattage of the amplifier is concerned
But please audition the speakers for its fidelity and capability to reproduce the sound as per your tastes, which is very important.

For the love of god, stay away from those horrible floorstanders. It was like manrape to my ears. You're better off getting smaller bookshelves which emit better quality sound. Those yamaha floorstanders are total epic fail......
Thanks for your feedback on these, those are removed from the wannable lists, but i need floorstand/ tower speaker for the look & feel im planning to ...

One thing I cant understand is why there is such lack of awareness/interest about Pioneer SP 51 FS on this forum........ They are a rage on all other forums and I dont think they would cost more than 20k for a pair here in India.
Thanks mate, will search on those

Cambridge audio sirocco s70 floorstanders are around 17-18k I believe
Cool, thanks, will keep these in mind too.

on other note, im changing my plans for avr, from "AVR-1312 or AVR-1612" to AVR-1612 or AVR-1912.

i feel im hijacking the thread by J VISHNU VARDHAN, but making a duplicate thread is just don't seems to be alright.

Pioneer SP 51 FS on this forum..
Seen your review :clapping:

now the biggest question how could i get it, im based in Bangalore. Any ooline shop ?
I want the non-asian model :) i hope this is as compatible with denon as your Yamaha.

Hi,

Could your give me the link to the review and site which offers Pioneer SP-BS2I-LR. Which Avr goes well with it.. suggestions please.

Prabhu

I auditioned Denon-1312 with Polk Audio RM 705 speakers . Found them better than Onkyo Tx SR 309 with SKS 528 speakers (& SKR 4700) speakers.

I am interested to go for Energy Take1 classic speakers with Marantz AVR which is similar to Denon - 1312 / 1612 the next choice being Boston XS 5.1 speakers with Marantz / Denon AVR.

Can somebod guide me what combination I should go for and how ?
Also , what is expert opinion on going for sound bar with the Marantz / Denon AVR's mentioned above ?

Where can I get the final choice in Bangalore or can HIFI mart help me ?

You need to audition before buying. Visit HTStore in JP Nagar ( has a website as well) and Profx at Barton Ctr on MG Road in Blore.

as per my search c603 is a bookshelf, assuming you sit at a distance of 14 feet: generally the manufacturers rate their minimum wattage lesser then it actually would require to drive the speakers. so considering all the above the denon would support your requirements based on room size and the wattage of the amplifier is concerned
But please audition the speakers for its fidelity and capability to reproduce the sound as per your tastes, which is very important.

Thanx. I auditioned C603 with Maranz at Cinebels. It sounded great. They told me that it would sound the same with Denon1612. Am getting the AVR on sunday. Wonder whether they allow u to carry your AVR for audition? Havn't tried Wharfdale bookshelf so far.

Netant, read your other thread. Look at klipsch , PSB and Paradigm as options. Start building the setup step by step.

Right Kittu, point noted.
in fact the B&W speaker are very attractive but will be over budget :)

@netant
please audition the speakers with an avr if you are planning to buy the speakers for an avr combination. there is quite a difference if you audition the speakers with a stereo amplifier and then play that with an avr. also audition them with the type of songs that you listen to and are familiar with. as i mentioned earlier audition the fidelity of the speakers for their capability to reproduce the sound that would suit your tastes.

I have received Denon 1612. Still to decide about speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back