speakers which fit in wall ? and not pop out

rnksarda

i am looking for a 5.1 speaker set which goes inside the wall ( almost into the wall ) and which doesnt pop out , why ? because it messes up with my interior.

but if i have to compromise with quality a lot !! then i'll buy the normal speakers with stand itself .

There are various Brands which make In-Wall and In-Ceiling speakers for Home Theatre and Music Application, now first thing which is to be considered is the room dimension and then the wall depth as most of these In-Wall installations require 9" brick wall and in case of its non availability a false wall is created in front of the real wall and then speakers are installed into it. Also these are 2 types of speakers one type consists of sealed inclosures which are generally expensive and the other type consist of just the speaker for which a box is made with MDF and then it's filled with glass wool, now in the 2nd case we have to take the volume requirement of that particular speaker.
I have done couple of projects in which I have done In-wall speaker installations using PSB Speakers.
Almost all the major speaker brands have them under custom installation category, so look there any then decide as per your requirement and budget.

Look for inwall or in-ceiling speakers depending on how you want to install them. One thing is that the quality will suffer since there you have no control on the enclosure.

Some brands are

Dynaudio IP series
NHT iW series
Aperion Intimus series
Polk 265

If you are constrained by the look there are speakers over which you can paint any colour as well.

Amazon.com: Polk Audio RC55i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (Pair, White): Electronics

One thing is that the quality will suffer since there you have no control on the enclosure.

This is not necessarily true anymore. Technology of these speakers have reached a level that they can perform very well even in small enclosures. Some of these speakers come with their own enclosures that can just be inserted into a hole in the wall. Most of these speakers have a depth of around 3.5 inches.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back