Speakers

pksnathan

Dear friends,
Recently I had an offer of sale of Philips Hi Q International stereo speakers which is a 1970s imported model.Will this speakers be compatible with my Cosmic TT?At present I am using a Sony Orson stereo integrated amplifier and Sony Orson floor stander speakers and I am not very happy with the sound reproduction.I am only a novice with regards to audio and video equipments.I request our fellow members to kindly help me.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

We will need the specs to evaluate compatibility. In any case why are you looking for speakers that are over 30 years old? Drivers material and crossover technology have improved rapidly, and it may be prudent to look for more recent speakers.

Cheers

We will need the specs to evaluate compatibility. In any case why are you looking for speakers that are over 30 years old? Drivers material and crossover technology have improved rapidly, and it may be prudent to look for more recent speakers.

Cheers
Dear sir,
I thank you for your reply to my request.I thought that since the Cosmic TT is a classic item perhaps the sound output would be better if connected to speakers of the same period and moreover I am an ardent fan of classic items.I thank you once again for your reply.
Sincerely
pksnathan

Dear sir,
I thank you for your reply to my request.I thought that since the Cosmic TT is a classic item perhaps the sound output would be better if connected to speakers of the same period and moreover I am an ardent fan of classic items.I thank you once again for your reply.
Sincerely
pksnathan

Newer speakers pair very well with old components. So no worries on that front. Make sure you get a highly efficient speaker that can be driven by the Cosmic as the power module would probably not be working at its optimum best after all these years. If possible, you may even want to look at changing this and may be pleasantly surprised with increased soundstage and dynamics. The repair person should be knowledgable in this case.

Newer speakers pair very well with old components. So no worries on that front. Make sure you get a highly efficient speaker that can be driven by the Cosmic as the power module would probably not be working at its optimum best after all these years. If possible, you may even want to look at changing this and may be pleasantly surprised with increased soundstage and dynamics. The repair person should be knowledgable in this case.

Dear sir.
I thank you for your advice and I shall try to get new speakers for my TT.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back