STB Cisco Z260DVB led light continously blinks

ajopaul

In Bangalore, I have YOU telecom cable setop box. From yesterday my stb starts and just shows blinking led on the box and no display.

I tried to press power button for 5 seconds and then the box boots up and default channel starts. But immediately I see a message 'Immediate Download will begin in 3 seconds' and the box reboots and goes to the blinking mode again. Anyone else has experienced this? Any way to reset the box? could not find much help in cisco websites.

My LCO mentioned this was because the YOU cable provided a software upgrade and I am supposed to leave the box on for 30 minutes or so. Will update once I know the results.

I did the following and it worked.

Switch off the STB from the AC socket. Now keep the power button on the box pressed , hold it this way and switch on the box from the AC socket. Keep it pressed till about 2 to 3 minutes till you see the lights start blinking very rapidly. Now release the button and wait for few seconds and box will reboot on its own.

Voila, I noticed the service provider has changed from You telecom digivision to hathway! Perhaps I had to reset the box , inorder to be able to recieve the new providers signal. Problem solved!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back