step down transformers

neo9999

Hi,

I'm trying to get a step down transformer for two devices bought from US -

1) Denon 2112 A/v receiver which is 90W per channel at 8 ohms or 125W per channel at 6ohms. The manual states power consumption of 460W, but when I was calculating the wattage sum its around 630W. So what is the true power output?

2) Subwoofer with output 150 Watts RMS(Dynamic power 250W)

For both devices, would a step down transformer of 1000W suffice or 1500W would be better?

One technician qouted 7500/- for one 1000W transformer converter for both devices. Is this ok?

Hi,

I'm trying to get a step down transformer for two devices bought from US -

1) Denon 2112 A/v receiver which is 90W per channel at 8 ohms or 125W per channel at 6ohms. The manual states power consumption of 460W, but when I was calculating the wattage sum its around 630W. So what is the true power output?

2) Subwoofer with output 150 Watts RMS(Dynamic power 250W)

For both devices, would a step down transformer of 1000W suffice or 1500W would be better?

One technician qouted 7500/- for one 1000W transformer converter for both devices. Is this ok?

is 7500/- rs INR quote for two Step down transformers??? or for one.

if its for one try Avenuesounds.in from mumbhai should almost be about 4.5k for 1500watts which I presume can suffice both your AVR and the subwoofer

*Am just a newbie in this world please take other opinions about technical details*

1500 W would be sufficient for both devices.

For AVR, max power consumption would be 460W (AVR cannot actually deliver 90W to ALL channels at the same time).

And you add 250 W max consumption of sub to arrive at 710 W.

You need double wattage of 710W to handle all scenario.

Thanks rud3dawg and netfreak...

The 7500/- qoute is for one single step down transformer...does this avenuesounds have a website or something from where I could order the converter?

Thanks rud3dawg and netfreak...

The 7500/- qoute is for one single step down transformer...does this avenuesounds have a website or something from where I could order the converter?

OK.. then thats good news that i could finally help someone w.r.t audio equipment *gloating*. yes.. as I v given its avenuesounds.in try to reach them on phone... and ask for the stepdown... then try to bargain.... slowly..they would start with 6.. but you can go till 4.5k you should get it @ that price.http://www.hifivision.com/images/smilies/ohyeah.gif

sorry rud3dawg , but I tried to access avenuesounds.in , avenusounds.in, avenuesounds.co.in but all of them are failed to load up...avenuesounds.com redirected to an european site..

is there an alternate address?

secondly, any idea if they can deliver the converter to Pune?

Thanks rud3dawg, I will call them up and check out. Hope they deliver items to Pune.

Amazing rud3dawg..I called up the above contact and they gave me a high level qoute of 7000/- for both transformer converters!

I hope they are reliable. Have u taken any service from them before?

Amazing rud3dawg..I called up the above contact and they gave me a high level qoute of 7000/- for both transformer converters!

I hope they are reliable. Have u taken any service from them before?

Ok.. I HAVE ordered an AVR through them and about reliability... let me say They are having some delay @ the customs... don't know much just found them out about 2 months ago... but that was because they were shipping the AVR.. Your Step down trnsfrms are built by them locally lets hope you get good service.. but they are commendable as per the forums. Let me know when u place the order and the result ofcourse!!!

P.S: do you really need TWO transformers???? I thought 1 hight wattage one is good enough..!!!
:rolleyes:

2 devices - one for my TV and PS3 is in one room (totalling around 500W) and other two devices - A/V receiver and subwoofer (totalling around 1000W) are in a dedicated home theatre room..

Hey.. that looks like a very good deal.. Can I ask for what purpose did you buy your Transformer?

Do we have to bargain?
Do they courier to other places in the country?
:)

I bought this for my denon AVR imported from US. They do not entertain any bargains, as they are manufacturers and maybe without bill, you can save some VAT.

Regarding shipping out of state, I do not, but they should do, as they seem to supply all over India. At the least, they may be able to provide distributors contacts in your city.

When I asked avenuesound about shipping to Pune, they mentioned they can ship the converters via blu dart and I would have to pay the shipping charges.

@ Neo9999: I agree.. also I saw couple of their Transformers.. there was no branding and looked very amateurish ... and this one from Chennai does have good work and also is a dealer..so If he has a dealer in your area .. that should be a very good option too.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back