Stereo Amp for Aiwa's or a new set?

devilwearsprada

A good evening to all HFV'ians. Been a long time since I started a thread.

So basically the query is with zero technical knowledge of all the technicalities of some stereo setup(Preamp/Power Amp. etc) but with a little knowledge of basic terms.

My sister's birthday is coming soon on the 5th. Hurray!
Well for a birthday gift to her I decided of getting a stereo setup for her room as she basically loves dancing. And takes classes for the same too.

Now, I have two options.
1. I have a pair of Aiwa Speakers kept from my Hifi set. I was planning to get a stereo amp to run these. The last time I had put up a query for the speakers, certain respected senior members bashed me for my zero knowledge. Hence the disclaimer, I dont have the best knowledge and she doesnt want the ultimate sound but good sound would be appreciated.
Options can be both used and new.

2. Get a new pair altogether. In this scenario I wouldnt spend much on a pair of active speakers because they all offer almost the same sound at <4K. Again its my opinion only!

Oh and Yes the budget is < 4000. Thanks!

I'd suggest a basic LA4440 based stereo amp. They cost around 1-2K, not sure how much they cost these days. If you can tell us where you are located, perhaps we could help you find one

Hi devilwearsprada

In terms of your budget you could possibly look at some Norge or DNM stereo integrated amplifiers as they would more or less match the Aiwa speakers and sound good.

Amplifiers | PRODUCT Category | DNM Enterprise | Page 2

Norge Audio

As per AV Max the Astonia SC300 is a good budget amplifer available under 5k and seems to be out of stock as per snapdeal....

If you are open to purchasing second hand, I am sure you will find a lot of models available on quikr or olx etc....the most important thing is to look behind each speaker and understand the impedance and watts (PMPO) or (RMS) mentioned to get the pairing right...

Hi, I am based in Gurgaon. What amps would you recommend from Norge?
And how much would they cost?
Anybody selling a used one?

Hey DWP

You can come to my place if you want to audition Astonia SC300. I bought it for 3.9k but price is increased. It is better to directly order from their Mumbai office coz they offer the best price compared to market place. Unfortunately nobody is keeping it here. I have a Lepai T amp 2020A as well. Both are excellent VFM. I am not interested to sell them and offering you the audition just because you are also in Gurgaon.

Another option could be, you can visit Lajpat Rai market near Chandni chowk and look for local amps from 1k to 2k. Believe me they do not sound that bad if your speakers are modest.

Re: STK 1070 for AIWA BX-120H poweramp

hi, thanks i've aquainted myself with the rules once again after about 3 yrs. am looking for STK 1070 (two nos.) for my vintage AIWA BX-120H poweramp. shall be grateful if any of our friends can give me some info regarding availability.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back