!!!!!Stereo AMP for KEF Q300 Bookshelf!!!!!!!

srijith

Hello ALLL,

I recently bought Denon AVR 1312 + KEF Q300 + KEF C4 sub,(not even a month old) :( but was not very impressed with the stereo setup of Denon 1312.. I thought i could do a little bit of compromise on sound quality on my music listening but honestly denon is sounding a bit above Sony.....KEF has so much potential but Denon avr is not able to do justice to the speakers......

Now I have decide to sell off my Denon AVR 1312 ........IAM now getting Arcam A18 from one of my friend...can any one let me know how this combination would sound.......iam sure since its a stereo amp it will drive my BS better.

Is Arcam better than Marantz?

Kindly advise.

Sreee

arcam is waaaaay better than a denon. if youre getting it at a good price go for it eyes closed over the denon. if youre paying market price for it, its still a good buy but i would suggest you audition a few other amps on your speakers as well

Is Arcam better than Marantz?

It cannot be answered that way. You may ask if Arcam model xx is better than Marantz model yy.

If Arcam is with your friend, why not get it paired it with Q300 and check it. Spend an hour on it, if you like it, get it. Its a very good amp and I am sure you will get it at a nice deal.

One of my doubts is can i connect my active subwoofer to any stereo amp, or its just the left and right channels,

srijith,

stereo is best listened to in 2 channel.. just the front left and front right. Looking at your questions .. maybe you should audition some more with your CD's.

regards,
mpw

Hi MPW,

Whats the price for NADC356BEE in Mumbai and where can i audition them.

srijith,

stereo is best listened to in 2 channel.. just the front left and front right. Looking at your questions .. maybe you should audition some more with your CD's.

regards,
mpw

srijith,

to the best of my knowledge the NAD C356 costs about 42k in Mumbai. But in case your room is smaller than mine ( mine is 400 sq ft ), then look at the NAD C326.. about 29k.

But please dont buy blind .. just necause someone else has them.. take your speakers and audition them at Lakozy in Marile Lines.

I think a Denon should match the KEF's fine. That should be avbl at pro fx.

sent u a PM also..

regards,
mpw

400 sq ft ..... :rolleyes: ... wow ... thats huge .... that too in Mumbai?

In case the user's room is within 150 sq ft, the Topping amp would be a fantastic match with the Q 300s ... great speaker specs for a T amp.

In case the user's room is within 150 sq ft, the Topping amp would be a fantastic match with the Q 300s ... great speaker specs for a T amp.

But why would somebody with speakers worth Rs. 32k settle with a Rs. 4k amp?? Sorry for being blunt, but IHMO Topping for Q300 is an insult to the speakers. It is ideal only if someone has a tight budget of around Rs. 10k for the amp.

400 sq ft ..... :rolleyes: ... wow ... thats huge .... that too in Mumbai?

Avi
What is it about the Q300 specs that make it a great match for T-Amp?

--G0bble

I used to have a pair of Q900s. My experience with those was that they benefitted from a warm sounding amp that would help fill out the mid range. In my system, the best match was with a Jungson class A power amp (80w).

Not having heard the Q300, I cant say whether the warm amp signature would work with those as well but may as well be worth trying.

An otherwise excellent amp that didnt pair well with the Kefs was the Yamaha A-S2000.

heard the Q300
Nice speaker - lovely infact

i would look at NAD or a Denon stereo integrated amp
Higher budget - look at Quad
higher still - almost all tube amps-

amps i personally probably would not like with this speaker - marantz,cambridge,yam,

heard the Q300
Nice speaker - lovely infact

i would look at NAD or a Denon stereo integrated amp
Higher budget - look at Quad
higher still - almost all tube amps-
amps i personally probably would not like with this speaker - marantz,cambridge,yam,

A tube-like solid state amp to try, if you can find one, would be the Sugden. It had more than enough power for the Q900s so the Q300s should be no problem at all.

But why would somebody with speakers worth Rs. 32k settle with a Rs. 4k amp?? Sorry for being blunt, but IHMO Topping for Q300 is an insult to the speakers. It is ideal only if someone has a tight budget of around Rs. 10k for the amp.

ehehehe ... @ mindset.
Since when did money-equivalence be a justification to this ... :lol: Hear first ... then comment.

@ Gobble ...
Have heard them during the intial audition with the Topping.
Klipsch RB60 .... CA S30 .... KEF Q300 .... MA BR2 .... had very very good SQ.

I settled with the JBLs, me being a pauper and, it played the loudest ..... :p .... else ...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back