Stereo Setup in 50k. Chinese Amp for 10k + 40k speakers?

That's nice option.. Beats amazon price..[emoji1]
And there's an additional 5 percent discount with the code 'EURO50FF' making the final price Usd 85.49

The only reason I'm waiting for a friend to get it is because I've been reading threads where a lot of people have mentioned customs charges of 40 percent or more, which in this case will be another 40 Usd approx.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

And there's an additional 5 percent discount with the code 'EURO50FF' making the final price Usd 85.49

The only reason I'm waiting for a friend to get it is because I've been reading threads where a lot of people have mentioned customs charges of 40 percent or more, which in this case will be another 40 Usd approx.

It can't get any better than this price..You can get two of them in your budget [emoji12] ..

Understand.. Makes sense to get it thru friend..

Hi, As already mentioned by someone in other post, through AliExpress the duty would be waived in most cases. It looks like the cost of the imported product decides this.
Let's wait and see how it goes with my amp?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Is custom duty included with above price if i buy from tomtop or aliexpress, price at tomtop is much less compared to aliexpress. If not then how much duty will have to pay.
I think customs duty us applicable for all products over Rs 2000 if I'm not mistaken and it's flat 40 percent of the value of the product. Atleast that's what iv figured from some of the other threads. So unless you get lucky, you need to consider the possibility of having to pay 40 percent customs.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Yamaha RS-202 (20k)+Taga Tav-806F (26k)(Both new)
You get stereo amp with bluetooth and a pair of excellent floorstandings(for the price)
Marantz has issue with UPS and inverters (warranty void etc)

I have received the TPA3116 amp today. No duty
27c14eef813c9d794931049280d6db64.jpg

How to give the power supply from spare Dish Tv adapter?
It is a different version of TPA 3116. It doesn't support the pin directly.

Suggestions and precautions please

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Was checking tomtop , with priority shipping , q5 pro comes to 6119.32!! How good/reputed is tomtop and has anyone bought from them?

Guys please help me regarding how to find the polarity in the picture I have added.Some how I managed to get my spare adapter which was lying in the store room. Specs: 12 V at 1.5 A.
I heard that this is sufficient to test it
30f23fb4d58b05625ff384a6e0b3d364.jpg

Please bear with the bad picture.

Forgot to say my multimeter stopped working recently. I think the batteries are out.
Any suggestion to know the polarity without multimeter?

assuming the wire is copper, dip both ends into salt water. you will get chlorine gas at the positive ( don't smell too much!) and the negative side will become green (you'll need to scrape it off afterwards)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHqujgGexzE

(also a fun experiment to try at home with your kids! Different solutions and electrodes will give different results!
Also disclaimer, obviously, electricity and water is always a shock risk, especially with cheap SMPS having minimal isolation, be careful and deal the same way as any live exposed electrical equipment )

Last edited:
I have googled and came to know that the dashed line mark indicates positive and continues line mark is negative.
With that I have gone ahead and connected the amp with out connecting any speaker and raised the volume. Nothing happened( expected pop sound if wrong).
Then I decided to connect and have done the input from phone with 3.5 jack and a car speaker.
No sound

Finally I got the amp turning on. It was obvious mistake. I have connected wrongly. I was infact worried that it may blow. To my surprise it is safe and fantastic for its price and size.
On the safe side first spare drivers are connected to check.
Later sonodyne book shelves are connected and running fine.

Yeah! Now iam understanding why people praise it a lot.

Definitely these small amps are considered for hi-fi beginners.

Yes the sound is HiFi.

Finally I got the amp turning on. It was obvious mistake. I have connected wrongly. I was infact worried that it may blow. To my surprise it is safe and fantastic for its price and size.
On the safe side first spare drivers are connected to check.
Later sonodyne book shelves are connected and running fine.

Yeah! Now iam understanding why people praise it a lot.

Definitely these small amps are considered for hi-fi beginners.

Yes the sound is HiFi.

Could you please show your whole setup? Source amp speakers everything involved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Setup can be found in the picture.
When connected with proper polarity and turn the volume on, tiny led next to capacitor is turned on.
a261955ad9e330cf997598547c86eb47.jpg
292c6729b4dfbfbe60370d7b5db36d13.jpg

i used to listen to c3 as well. go for marantz 6006 with wharfedale 225. best combo in the price range. really good jump from c3. wharfedale has been proven many times as the budget king. marantz i own now is good. dont go for chinese amps...clipping problem will occur...thats why i stretched my budget.

Hi guys,

Was checking tomtop , with priority shipping , q5 pro comes to 6119.32!! How good/reputed is tomtop and has anyone bought from them?

i ordered smsl q5 pro today in afternoon for Rs.5694 85$ from tomtop. now wait and watch. specs on tomtop for q5 pro are different from aliexpress. just saw after ordering. fingers crossed for now.

I was expecting you about the tomtop. Hope product comes without any duty.
Meanwhile yesterday I have connected the analogue out from PIONEER BDP180 to tpa3118. Oh man what a change in sound stage and the volume. It was good and loud.
At first I was running it through my mobile and found it is smooth with laid back vocals. Even at full volume on the phone, I have to turn the volume knob all the way through half to get the moderate sound level.
But now it is aggressive even though the power supply is 12V.

The only downside of this model is power supply. It expect bare wire to connect. So I don't want to sacrifice my laptop adapter.

Fingers crossed for my schiit bifrost DAC which is on the way from US. I will get it by this month end I hope and see how this will function against clean analogue in?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back