Stereo Setup in 50k. Chinese Amp for 10k + 40k speakers?

thanks for the info, its working now. i might have pressed c or b button on the remote and the remote stopped working. after pressing A button on the remote its working fine now.

how to setup sub woofer crossover frequency can you guide me. i have presently connected satellite speakers and sub with this amp. there is no frequency marking on sub crossover just dots from left to right side.

I also did the same thing initially when I got it & later figured it out..

Sub-out is a fixed 200Hz..So your subwoofer would receive up to 200Hz..

Share your satellite and subwoofer model #..

Few to mention like Polk OWM 3, Taga S-90SL surround,sealed speaker.. The lower limit of the Polk OWM 3 is around 100Hz..

I think there is no need to split the budget for satellites, subwoofer.. IMO, you are just picking the speaker & sub-woofer to complement the capabilities..
I have an offer of 18k for a pair of 2 year old Kef Q100s. Would this be a better option than the Mission Lx2? I think ill take the amp along once it arrives and audition a few of the different brands but look forward to feedback for from all the experienced members here.

For the sub, will a budget of about 25k be decent? What should I audition in that price range?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I have an offer of 18k for a pair of 2 year old Kef Q100s. Would this be a better option than the Mission Lx2? I think ill take the amp along once it arrives and audition a few of the different brands but look forward to feedback for from all the experienced members here.

Yes.. IMO, that is a good offer for KEF Q100s..

For the sub, will a budget of about 25k be decent? What should I audition in that price range?

Performance of a subwoofer seem to be dictated by room placement, most likely a demo place might not have it right..Skip the audition & pick the one you like in your budget..

I also did the same thing initially when I got it & later figured it out..

Sub-out is a fixed 200Hz..So your subwoofer would receive up to 200Hz..

Share your satellite and subwoofer model #..

i have connected my amp with these speakers. will be buying new pair of speakers soon. i am considering elac B6 or wharfedale diamond 225.

topx19kGV1ZMTAkr-Region.png

i have connected my amp with these speakers.

I guess, you can set the crossover knob on the subwoofer to full, so that it receives a full 200 Hz signal from SMSL Q5 Pro..

will be buying new pair of speakers soon. i am considering elac B6 or wharfedale diamond 225.

You can also consider picking new/used HT satellite/surround speakers from Taga 5.0 package for less and put your money on a more powerful sub than the one you have now..

got new pair of elac b6 speakers for my bedroom. Elac b6 seems underpowered when connected with smsl q5 pro, maybe a much powerful amp is required, so connected it my denon avr1507 bought in 2007 and they sound much better. could you suggest a good subwoofer in 20 to 30k range.
i am considering bic america f12 or elac s10.

got new pair of elac b6 speakers for my bedroom. Elac b6 seems underpowered when connected with smsl q5 pro, maybe a much powerful amp is required, so connected it my denon avr1507 bought in 2007 and they sound much better. could you suggest a good subwoofer in 20 to 30k range.
Congratulations for your purchase. I am also in the process of getting Elac bookshelves for music listening. It's not available on Pune currently.

How much did your get the Elac b6 for? And from where.

I have read marantz pair well with Elac

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

How far do u sit from the speaker ?

BIC America F12, PL200, Taga TSW 200, Sw 10v2 are popular options between 20 - 30K..

Congratulations for your purchase. I am also in the process of getting Elac bookshelves for music listening. It's not available on Pune currently.

How much did your get the Elac b6 for? And from where.

I have read marantz pair well with Elac

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I bought from sound out, hera panna, mumbai. at 29k.

Took some time but finally got my setup completed yesterday with a pair of Sound Foundations Nexus stands. Picked up the Kef Q100 and a Q Acoustics 2070i sub for a superb price on olx. Was also lucky not to have been charged any customs on the Q5 Pro.

I noticed however that the sub out on the Q5 Pro seems to be loose - read this at a couple of places online too and facing the same issue - there's a constant loud humming from the sub and makes it unusable. Worked well a couple of times but if the wire moved even slightly, the humming became unbearable so I've connected the sub using the high level inputs and regular speaker wire.

The Kefs have a surprising amount of bass for their size specially at moderate to loud volumes. The sub comes in handy at lower volumes and if I need even more bass punch. Now just need to finalise placement as mom says the speakers are blocking the showcase and wants them placed back closer to the wall. Any suggestions on placement?
f88b210c1d763020bff111bb3dd5df1e.jpg
9e1a4a8dbff3121e8352f0148f94dffb.jpg
6ae27dafe390cdc56860dc77e25cf0dd.jpg

try always using the sub dont play kefs loud without the sub there have been instances of woofer blowing up especially with the q series. as with the placement lil toe in is ideal with these try to experiment with moving the speakers and in the end dont fuss about it too much and enjoy the music.

Was also lucky not to have been charged any customs on the Q5 Pro.

Great.. Hope you had also placed order with tomtop..

I noticed however that the sub out on the Q5 Pro seems to be loose - read this at a couple of places online too and facing the same issue - there's a constant loud humming from the sub and makes it unusable. Worked well a couple of times but if the wire moved even slightly, the humming became unbearable so I've connected the sub using the high level inputs and regular speaker wire.

I had once connected subs to my Q5 Pro a year ago, don't recollect having issues..I used 1 RCA to 2 RCA MX adaptor on Q5 pro..

Try changing sub cable and see if it helps..

Great.. Hope you had also placed order with tomtop..

I had once connected subs to my Q5 Pro a year ago, don't recollect having issues..I used 1 RCA to 2 RCA MX adaptor on Q5 pro..

Try changing sub cable and see if it helps..
Yes ordered from Tomtop itself. About the sub, tried with two different cables, it worked fine for a bit but on even slightly moving the amp, the humming starts and it seems that the sum isn't getting any signal. After struggling with it for half an hour, got fed up and since I had some spare speaker cable, connected it to the high level inputs the sub has and its working fine that way. Thanks for all you help in making this happen. :)

Yes ordered from Tomtop itself. About the sub, tried with two different cables, it worked fine for a bit but on even slightly moving the amp, the humming starts and it seems that the sum isn't getting any signal. After struggling with it for half an hour, got fed up and since I had some spare speaker cable, connected it to the high level inputs the sub has and its working fine that way.

Ok.. I have limited experience with subwoofer humming issue..Wait for other FM to pitch in with solutions..

Thanks for all you help in making this happen. :)

Welcome.. Time to enjoy your set-up :cheers:

Back