Stereo setup suggestions for a beginner

Taps

Hi,
I have had a pair of mb42x and lepai before, and the usual altec lansing etc. long time back. I also have an Edifier setup at my home for tv and music at my home, which I like but believe lacks a bit clarity. have decided on a Norge 2060 amp and found an option for used Zensor one or Q accoustics 3010i. I am not looking to spend more than 20k on the bookshelf speakers right now. I would primarily use them to listen to music, and like punchy bass. Let me know which one of these I should go for, or if you see something else might be better for me. I also thought about Indiqaudio gold mishra, but they are a but more than I would like to spend right now. I was recommended Diamond Mishras though, but they are more than double my budget. I could stretch my budget a bit, but it should be worthy.

Last edited:
As you are buying a Norge Amplifier, why not consider a loudspeaker from them? You should get a nice pairing with their New Millenium Mark II. Don't expect huge bass. It should suffice for a stand mount and provided your listening area isn't too large. Get a sub woofer later with active line level inputs, if bass is a concern.

As you are buying a Norge Amplifier, why not consider a loudspeaker from them? You should get a nice pairing with their New Millenium Mark II. Don't expect huge bass. It should suffice for a stand mount and provided your listening area isn't too large. Get a sub woofer later with active line level inputs, if bass is a concern.
Hi, I am sorry what are loudspeakers? You mean floor standing speakers? I can consider them If they are in budget. I thought they are mostly used for surround sound, and not for music.

Hi,
I have had a pair of mb42x and lepai before, and the usual altec lansing etc. long time back. I also have an Edifier setup at my home for tv and music at my home, which I like but believe lacks a bit clarity. have decided on a Norge 2060 amp and found an option for used Zensor one or Q accoustics 3010i. I am not looking to spend more than 20k on the bookshelf speakers right now. I would primarily use them to listen to music, and like punchy bass. Let me know which one of these I should go for, or if you see something else might be better for me. I also thought about Indiqaudio gold mishra, but they are a but more than I would like to spend right now. I was recommended Diamond Mishras though, but they are more than double my budget. I could stretch my budget a bit, but it should be worthy.
Norge is a very VFM amp and it satisfies many customers. You can go for it. All the recommended loudspeakers( by loudspeaker we mean speaker) are good but I like wharefedal diamond since I have been using those . You can also consider marantz PM series amp. BTW what are your sources of music?TT, CDP, or streamer? If you have a TT then you will require a phono if your amp doesn't have any onboard phono and a DAC which has bluetooth capability if you are in to streaming. Do audition before purchase as your ears will be the best judge. You should buy speakers first then choose an amp which can drive your speakers easily.
Regards

Norge is a very VFM amp and it satisfies many customers. You can go for it. All the recommended loudspeakers( by loudspeaker we mean speaker) are good but I like wharefedal diamond since I have been using those . You can also consider marantz PM series amp. BTW what are your sources of music?TT, CDP, or streamer? If you have a TT then you will require a phono if your amp doesn't have any onboard phono and a DAC which has bluetooth capability if you are in to streaming. Do audition before purchase as your ears will be the best judge. You should buy speakers first then choose an amp which can drive your speakers easily.
Regards
That's the problem, I cant really audition right now. I will go with the Norge Amp, but for speakers I have found the following options, q acoustics 3010i, Wharfdale diamond 10.1, 220, Dalia Zenser one, Tannoy Merecury M2. Which one do you think I should go for? I like a bit punchy bass, separation and clarity, and sub bass if possible. I am going to buy a subwoofer at a later point of time. Forgot to mention the source, it would be mostly Spotify premium, I have some flac files, some m4a files to be played via my lgv20 phone (which I primarily use as an audio player now).

Last edited:
That's the problem, I cant really audition right now. I will go with the Norge Amp, but for speakers I have found the following options, q acoustics 3010i, Wharfdale diamond 10.1, 220, Dalia Zenser one, Tannoy Merecury M2. Which one do you think I should go for? I like a bit punchy bass, separation and clarity, and sub bass if possible. I am going to buy a subwoofer at a later point of time. Forgot to mention the source, it would be mostly Spotify premium, I have some flac files, some m4a files to be played via my lgv20 phone (which I primarily use as an audio player now).
Honestly I have never used the brands mentioned except wharefedal diamond . But many people are happy with Dali zensor, q acoustic speakers. They are good nodoubt. Adding a sub will be a nice thing. However, as streaming is your main thing you may consider an amp with bluetooth capability. You can also add a bluetooth adapter with a non bluetooth amp. Has norge amp bluetooth capability?if yes, then you may go for it. If you can't audition then do a little research before buying. Just read threads on amp and speakers available in our forum . Those threads will guide you through and you will have a fair idea of amp speaker matching which is very important. Those speakers which you have mentioned are all very good speakers yet it is a subjective issue so audition has no alternative.
Regards

Honestly I have never used the brands mentioned except wharefedal diamond . But many people are happy with Dali zensor, q acoustic speakers. They are good nodoubt. Adding a sub will be a nice thing. However, as streaming is your main thing you may consider an amp with bluetooth capability. You can also add a bluetooth adapter with a non bluetooth amp. Has norge amp bluetooth capability?if yes, then you may go for it. If you can't audition then do a little research before buying. Just read threads on amp and speakers available in our forum . Those threads will guide you through and you will have a fair idea of amp speaker matching which is very important. Those speakers which you have mentioned are all very good speakers yet it is a subjective issue so audition has no alternative.
Regards
No, I will connect from phone 3.5 to the amplifier.

Hi, I am sorry what are loudspeakers? You mean floor standing speakers?
A loudspeaker is the word I prefer to use to describe a speaker. I use both, depending on the context of the conversation.
A loudspeaker (or speaker) can be either floor stand or bookshelf (or stand mount). The choice is yours.
In fact, Norge do sell a nice floor stand speaker too. I recommend that you listen to them before looking at other options. It should be possible to audition them and you are pretty close to where they are based. When you spend 20K, you want to be sure of what you're getting. I would not buy anything without listening to them.

Hi all, I bought Wharfedale diamond 220, but while they reach me, I need to buy an amplifier to go with it. I had first selected Norge 2060, but I also got a choice of a Yamaha AS 500 Amp. I liked the Marantz laid back kind of sound in youtube, but unfortunately couldnt find one in my budget. Do you the as500 would be good for me, or should I go for the norge 2060.

Hi all, I bought Wharfedale diamond 220, but while they reach me, I need to buy an amplifier to go with it. I had first selected Norge 2060, but I also got a choice of a Yamaha AS 500 Amp. I liked the Marantz laid back kind of sound in youtube, but unfortunately couldnt find one in my budget. Do you the as500 would be good for me, or should I go for the norge 2060.
The Yamaha AS500 was a well regarded budget amp in its time. Depending on the deal, it may be a great starting point to your audio journey. Whats your max budget for an amp?

Norge goes well with Wharfedale Diamonds. My setup is Norge Gold 1000 and Wharfedale Diamond 121. Base is decent but not enough for thundering effect. As you are going for sub later, you could compromise a bit on the base for now and a Diamond 220 should do we good in the meantime.
I used to have a Fiio Gen3 DAP connected to the above setup in line out mode and worked pretty good but recently upgraded the DAP to HiBy Saber Pro DAP and after a bit of tuning find it a step up from the Fiio, plus it has Wifi+Bluetooth features which comes at a cost of about 17k.
I have myself found that bluetooth (Bluetooth 5.0 on Pixel 3XL to DAP to Norge) never matched the quality of having the song played from the DAP directly. Not sure, its just my experience or preference, I do not find any bluetooth receivers even with good (relatively) DACs do not match the direct file play.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back