Stereo Setup Suggestions

The B2031A is with built in amplifier. You will need an external control preamp to drive it.
The B2031P is passive and can be driven by a normal power amp. However they really need to be used with a sub . By themselves they sound nice but you will find the real lows in some recordings a bit lacking. I have a pair of the 2031P's. Very good value for money !

I actually would recommend using the Behringer with a PC, ideally JRiver and an appropriate DAC/DSP.

Good PC software>Digital out sound card>DSP>Amp>Speaker is the way to do it IMO. Or straight to speaker from the DSP in case of actives.

My advice would be to go with the active if a person has the choice, at least in this case.

They are indeed good value and hence my recommendation, as for the "lows" once must sacrifice something and with that said, "lows" are very subjective.

Many people prefer a "tight" sound, many factors contribute but one important factor is early LF roll off and having less below 50-60Hz. IMO trance does well with this "tight" sound, it would be interesting to see the measured response of the Behringer.

@ketanpote
Do you have the choice of returning the amp or speakers??

If not, then most of the suggestions given by folks here are not applicable [emoji2]

Yes I fully agree with u I cannot return jbl or marantz... however would like to know if adding a power amp of higher output can be helpful or just keep thing as it is ...

Yes speakers are jbl 4312 ebk sorry I missed typed . Now I want to know are they under powered by marantz 5008 if yes What option I got any power amp which is compatable with marantz or any other solutions
Your amp is not underpowered. Because your speakers are high sensitivity speakers. Having said that more power can not hurt but you should not need to upgrade at this time. If you are not getting enough volume from your speakers then you may need to find out why. I don't think it would be because of not enough power of your amp but no harm in checking.

Try to plug in your source to another amp input and to use another source to this amp input. If either of that increases the volume then you know where the problem is.

Source output is again marantz cd player does not have volume
I think since both devices are by Marantz it is unlikely that they are mismatched. In that case don't worry if the amp volume is acceptable. it should be since you have a very high effeciency speakers. But if it is not, you may have to investigate further. Are the speakers and amp both working as per their specs? For that you would need oscilloscope etc that only a repair shop will have.

@ketanpote
Check your receiver manual.
You will have a section that mentions how to boost the output level for each channel.

I am not a tech savvy person. But If the sound is WEAK even when the volume level is more than 50%, then most likely problem is the amp is not powerful enough for the given speaker.
Receiver power ratings are often not what they seem.

How come you got a speaker for 5k USD and skimped so badly on the amp? [emoji2]

I was using this amp with mordant short aviano 2 speakers . The I got these jbl speakers .
Now I am not sure if these work well

Just checked specs for sr 5008. It is 100 watts per channel. No way it is underpowered for a 91 db sensitivity speaker. I know Marantz does not over inflate its power numbers as some of the other companies do. But here is a quick way to check. Use the optical in to feed the signal to the amp from any source and see if the speakers can not go to any volume that you would want to listen to. If they do not, there is something wrong with either the speakers or the amp. You will then have to take both to service to figure out what. Just buying another amp will not solve the problem if speakers are not working well. If no source with optical out is available, you can run this test using iphone or iPad using airplay. Let us know what you find out.

Sorry but I am bit confused . U see I connect and play music from iPhone thru airplay this part ok understand . but then other process can u Pl explain about volume

If ketan's answer is negative when testing with iPad, then read below [emoji2]

@shkumar
As per specs on marantz site, That amp is rated for 100wpc @8 ohms and 140wpc@6 ohms.
1- There is no frequency range listed for above rating (which most likely means that's not for full range)
2- there is no mention of this is peak or continous power.
3- there is no mention on how many channels driven that the above numbers are for (which most likely means it is for one channel driven)
4- the speakers (EBK 4312) specs state MAX power is 200w and impedance is 6ohms.

Purely given above information, I doubt anyone can say with certainty for sure if the amp is powerful enough .

I had a similar issue when matching amp and speaker with more or less same specs.

It is certainly useable but if the sound output is weak, the chances most likely are
A- the player output is lower that what that receiver is expecting. Which can be checked by using optical as you suggested.
B- the speaker needs more juice to deliver.

Option b. Is logical constraint in my case. Without selling the marantz or jbl what alternative . Can I add another equipment ie power amp or anything else if so which one shall egarly await ur rx.

Do this.
That speaker is reasonably carry able.
Take that speaker to a showroom and ask them to suggest an amp that will drive the speaker.
Try one or two and see how it sounds with different amps.

Come back with details and folks here can suggest.

Remember, you want to audition power amp not another reciever.
IF you find the sound much improved, then you can use the pre out from your existing reciever to feed the power amp.

Some things to keep in mind.

1- spend a bit to search the members selling their existing gear. May find something inexpensive.

2- amp must be rated atleast 250wpc @8 ohms to make a reasonable difference.
3- the amp specs must be saying the watts is double (or nearly) for 4ohms load.
For example, if the amp specs say 250w @8 ohms, it should also say 500w@4ohms.
This typically only happens with amps that have a good power supply and can supply clean power.

Ok noted I will look out for a pre used power amp. The budget I wish to keep is 10 k . I would prefer marantz but if I get yamaha nad sansui will there be a compatability issue?. Also i hope a two channel stereo power amp should suffice my need. ur comment

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back