Strange problem in Tata Sky HD DTH connection since past 2 weeks

Somankab

Since last 2 weeks, every evening after 7 or 8 pm the signal becomes scrambled. The picture becomes pixelated and screen goes blank intermittently. This continues till midnight or even later and gets auto resolved after that. In the daytime it is fine. The issue occurs again next day around the same time in the evening. Raised four complaints till now. When the technician comes, the issue is not there and he comes and does something only for the issue to be back again. Same issue on my multi Tv connection as well. The signal strength fluctuates all along between 0 and 207 while signal quality fluctuates between 0 and 15.5 dB. Same behaviour on channels 100, 2301 and 2302 as well. Please help.
Edit:
Ok. Let me add that I live in an apartment complex where there is a common dish for each block. And in my block, I am the only one facing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining.

Looks like the technician needs to re-calibrate the dish signal. Basically it needs two technicians - one to physically move/rotate the dish and the other to tweak the settings on the STB. This can happen when the dish gets physically displaced due to a thunderstorm etc.

Hope this helps ...

Since last 2 weeks, every evening after 7 or 8 pm the signal becomes scrambled. The picture becomes pixelated and screen goes blank intermittently. This continues till midnight or even later and gets auto resolved after that. In the daytime it is fine. The issue occurs again next day around the same time in the evening. Raised four complaints till now. When the technician comes, the issue is not there and he comes and does something only for the issue to be back again. Same issue on my multi Tv connection as well. The signal strength fluctuates all along between 0 and 207 while signal quality fluctuates between 0 and 15.5 dB. Same behaviour on channels 100, 2301 and 2302 as well. Please help.

If the Technician is unable to come when the issue happens.....best is to video record the same with your cellphone so that there is evidence of what happens and this may help the technician to resolve properly soon.....

Have tried recording it too...he sees what is happening but doesn't know why...he has checked the junction box for our floor inside the electric shaft and also the connector cum splitter inside the flat. Today he even went and checked the common dish. Funny thing is how it is all fine from late night till next evening. He tried to explain that the signal strength reduces after sunset. I didn't really buy it and still no clue what might be wrong.

Hmmm are you sure no one is tampering with the dish during those hours? It's weird that such an issue should repeat during a fixed period and be okay otherwise.

Post a video on Tatasky Facebook page mentioning the compliant number.

MaSh

Hmmm are you sure no one is tampering with the dish during those hours? It's weird that such an issue should repeat during a fixed period and be okay otherwise.

Post a video on Tatasky Facebook page mentioning the compliant number.

MaSh
No one else in my block is facing the same issue. As I mentioned earlier, it is a common dish for the entire block. I will put it on their FB page today.

Try connecting a different STB and check if it's working.

My multi TV connection in another room has a separate STB and the issue is seen there as well. Let's see what the technician says now. He might look to change the STB and check anyway.

My multi TV connection in another room has a separate STB and the issue is seen there as well. Let's see what the technician says now. He might look to change the STB and check anyway.
The reason I said it is because, it could well be the handiwork of Tata Sky as "Planned Obsolescence" is the buzz word of consumer electronics companies. While embedded chips can make it happen, in devices connected to networks like Mobiles, PCs, AVRs, STBs etc., it can be done at will.

Last edited:
Edit:
Ok. Let me add that I live in an apartment complex where there is a common dish for each block. And in my block, I am the only one facing this.
In the case of a community dish, there are junction boxes in the LV shaft on each floor. It also has powered amplifiers on each or alternative floors depending upon number off flats on each floor. Complain to the Tatasky technician through the RWA/builder, who will rectify the problem. Alternatively, try interchanging ports in the LV shaft with some other unoccupied port.

In the case of a community dish, there are junction boxes in the LV shaft on each floor. It also has powered amplifiers on each or alternative floors depending upon number off flats on each floor. Complain to the Tatasky technician through the RWA/builder, who will rectify the problem. Alternatively, try interchanging ports in the LV shaft with some other unoccupied port.
The shaft is just outside my flat's main door. Complaining to the builder may not help as others on my floor are not facing any problem and neither am I during the daytime. Changing the port in the junction box is the first thing the technician had tried. But, that did not help either. He will come again tomorrow to try changing the cable. Let's see.

its an issue with the cable or the splitter/connectors connected to the dish which causes a drop in signal quality. it probably drops in evening hours because others in your block are watching then. i had to replace the whole cable from the dish to my house.

Last edited:
The shaft is just outside my flat's main door. Complaining to the builder may not help as others on my floor are not facing any problem and neither am I during the daytime. Changing the port in the junction box is the first thing the technician had tried. But, that did not help either. He will come again tomorrow to try changing the cable. Let's see.
Hi , Is it fixed? i am also facing same like this in the morning hrs

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back