Best dth hd provider in india - airtel vs videocon vs tata sky

guys, i got a 50inch Samsung 1080p TV and looking for DTH connection. I am from Bangalore. Please suggest options and any specific packages..
i read through forums and it appears Tata sky and Airtel are popular choices. I would need HD channels and SD as well, to look good(not grainy)

guys, i got a 50inch Samsung 1080p TV and looking for DTH connection. I am from Bangalore. Please suggest options and any specific packages..
i read through forums and it appears Tata sky and Airtel are popular choices. I would need HD channels and SD as well, to look good(not grainy)

Which one did you pick? Both are more or less the same. Check out the dishes on the terraces. Go with the one you see more in number. More subscribers in an area would mean faster and better support. :eek:hyeah: Debatable analogy, but it works.

MaSh

Since you have a 1080p TV, Videocon has one 4k channel also in their boutique. Check that out as well

When I was in Mumbai (4 years back) purchased TATAsky STB. All time I enjoyed a lot. Never faced any issue. Enly with siviour rains its disconneting for some minutes. Some times audio delay happening and automatically again adjusting with in some hours.
2 years back moved to Bangalore. Still I am using the same connection. One day they called me and told that they updating with pmeg box. They updated with free of cost. They give new remote also. Not charged oven one paisa.
One year back I shifted to HD box. This time I paid Rs. 999. And on the offer I got HD pack for Rs. 510. Total 1500.
With Tatasky only one problem, they are increasing rates every quarterly! But still its affordable. I am very happy customer with TATAsky.
Day by day they are increasing HD channels. Nice experience with HD channels. Getting Dolby Digital + 5.1 channel. Latest movies giving excellent surround sound movie experience. Picture quality as well as sound. With HD box, SD channels also giving very nice picture quality.
Only problem is in my local language (telugu) only one HD channel! (That's not the problem with tatasky. There are no hd channels that's it.)
As per today, almost 60 channels are there. (But as per their site its 51 channels). Monthly hd pack is Rs. 175 is very costly.

My usage:
--------------
South Sports (Monthly)
Rs. 235
Free Regional Packs
Telugu (Monthly)
FREE
Kannada (Monthly)

Add-On Packs:

HD Access Fee Discount (Annual)
Rs. 510

English Movies (Monthly)
Rs. 75

Kids (Monthly)
Rs. 65

Was watching Bajirao Mastani on Tatasky HD showcase. Was very surprised to see that the sound was not in surround format.
What is the situation with other HD providers?

Hi FMs

Although the thread is about DTH connections, I'd like to chime in and talk about digital cable.

There's so much information about DTH but very little data and discussion about digital cable.

I have a SITI cable digital cable connection with HD STB and it offers 36 HD channels with unlimited recording.

Monthly damage = 400 Bucks (Total with HD channel and recording)

The SD channels and HD channels both look amazing.

Also there's absolutely no down time in last 2 years, it's unaffected by weather and offers local news as well.

It is worth considering if digital cable is available in your city.

@frend2001 bro,

Can u pls share some pics of ur Siti Cable STB, SD and HD channels, as I want to see the quality.

Hi FMs

Although the thread is about DTH connections, I'd like to chime in and talk about digital cable.

There's so much information about DTH but very little data and discussion about digital cable.

I have a SITI cable digital cable connection with HD STB and it offers 36 HD channels with unlimited recording.

Also there's absolutely no down time in last 2 years, it's unaffected by weather and offers local news as well.

But friend, did you compared side by side the quality of Airtel dth and InCable digital cable. I live in Mumbai and there is a vast vast vast difference. The Dth is lot more sharper, brighter and more vivid. I had digital cable on one tv and dth on other, there is a lots difference specially HD channels. May be your view is different.

But friend, did you compared side by side the quality of Airtel dth and InCable digital cable. I live in Mumbai and there is a vast vast vast difference. The Dth is lot more sharper, brighter and more vivid. I had digital cable on one tv and dth on other, there is a lots difference specially HD channels. May be your view is different.

@amedius bro,

I have seen both Hathway HD and TS HD. And for me the HD channels quality is same. There is no difference between them. SD channels also were almost same. It all depends on the compression/encoding/decoding equipment's used by MSO and DTH operators.

@anishpai

I will try to post the pics ones I'm back home.

@amedius

I didn't do a side by side compare. My findings are based on the compares between FHD movies I've played on my TV and the STB HD.

So my perception is based on that. You must go for whatever ticks your tastes.

I was simply sharing information of an alternative which is definitely frugal.

DTH companies have somewhat monopolized the market already. Along with a monthly recharge, you have to pay HD content fee, recording fee, activation and god knows what.

So I felt it's worth considering.

What are the best rates for Mega HD and Mega Ultra pack for one year?

There is no such thing called best rate. Whatever is listed on the DTH providers website, is the rate. Else; you will have to negotiate with them over the phone.

Also please advise if its worth going for 4K?

If you have a 4K TV, why not.

Hi FMs

I second his opinion. I am getting 40+ digital channels in my cable, and quality is great. I have compared it against V-D2H and both looks comparable. Both provides 5.1 surround sound, and record feature. The cable cost me 400/month for all channels whereas D2H will cost me 700+/month for same bouquet. Cable is unaffected during rains, whereas D2H will not get affected stating cable cuts/power outage etc.

TS is hands down the best dth afaik, brilliant dd plus surround sound and brilliant pq, buy annual packs like grand sports and you will end up having almost all the hd channels India currently has barring a few that are addon based

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back