Best dth hd provider in india - airtel vs videocon vs tata sky

With the latest additions of HD channels, the only HD channels that I still wish are:

- Z Studio HD
- Z Cafe HD
- Animal Planet HD

I don't care too much about the other general entertainment channels in HD.

I would also like the HD channels "HBO Defined" and "HBO Hits" but I am sure that Tatasky will introduce them (if and when they do) as specials and charge extra.

sir,
yes animal planet HD will be very nice offf course
problem is some pop up blocking 30% of the view is so annoying,
self owned material is the best choice.
I wish not to recharge..hehe..but do it for wife's regional programms
now I only see a regional channel stand up comedy show..in TV and nothing..
its very annoying.. the pop ups..

Last edited:
Lots of Sports channels launched on Tata Sky. If you are a sports lover, first preference should be TataSky

Its not lots of sports channels. Its just rebranding. ESPN and Star Cricket have been renamed to Star Sports 3 & 4 respectively. There are still a total of 4 SD channels and 2 HD channels, same as before.

Lots of Sports channels launched on Tata Sky. If you are a sports lover, first preference should be TataSky
Lol, and we wonder how Tata Sky has a large number of subscribers! People don't even do any research before posting jibber-jabber nowadays :eek:

I would rate Tata Sky the best for user interface, picture quality, sound quality, and customer service. With the increase in HD channels they are definitely on the top. However they also are the most costly.

I would rate Tata Sky the best for user interface, picture quality, sound quality, and customer service. With the increase in HD channels they are definitely on the top. Which would be the best pkgHowever they also are the most costly.

Thanks docd,

Which pkg would be the best and most cost effective to choose from?
I'm based in Mumbai and would like all the sports chs.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am using Mega HD annual pack. This includes all channels including sports. Specials like star world premiere and HBO defined, HBO hits, are extra. The annual base pack costs 7000/. At first they used to add any new channel free then they introduced the concept of Specials, obviously to extract more money!

After connecting videocon D2h to a home entertainment system , i can say that the audio quality for SD channels is crap . Its like listening to 32-64kbps broadcast . Hd audio is good . Is it my settop box , i dont know . Is it same for all service providers ?

Tata sky is best if you want minimal hassles and decent interface. It also makes more sense economically if using multidecoder set up.

I am planning to go for Videocon D2H Annual HD pack for Rs.7600.

There are few conflicting comments in the forum about 5.1 surround sound not coming via HDMI cable. Could someone please clarify, if I connect a HDMI cable from the setup box to my AVR is it enough, as both my AVR/LED TV supports AVR. I already run my BD player this way.

Will there be any discount coming up for Christmas/new year eve from these guy ?

I am planning to go for Videocon D2H Annual HD pack for Rs.7600.

There are few conflicting comments in the forum about 5.1 surround sound not coming via HDMI cable. Could someone please clarify, if I connect a HDMI cable from the setup box to my AVR is it enough, as both my AVR/LED TV supports AVR. I already run my BD player this way.

Will there be any discount coming up for Christmas/new year eve from these guy ?

Only hdmi connection from stb to avr is enough to get 5.1 dolby surround sound.No need for optical/coaxial cables.

Thanks Subbu. My family is asking to go for normal connection only, though I am tempted to try HD especially with India vs Australia & world cup coming up...

Thanks Subbu. My family is asking to go for normal connection only, though I am tempted to try HD especially with India vs Australia & world cup coming up...

Don't go for the normal connection. Get the HD connection. Its worth the money.:clapping:

And go for the new stb only, the white one with RF remote.

Hahaha... thanks for keeping my temptation alive and also increasing my budget.

ok, I will take note of the STB which should in white color with RF remote.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back