Best dth hd provider in india - airtel vs videocon vs tata sky

my ADTV HD+ get struck often with my 1TB WD my passport especially while HD conetent is played back.i'm aware that this particular model is not officially supported by ADTV but thought this info would be useful to FMs as WD my passport is a very popular model.Also ADTV HD comes with a gud universal remote.TS HD universal remote is annoying and bit confusing.D2H HD doesn't offer a universal remote.Universal remote is a very handy thing in day to day life right.

I have been using TataSky HD recorder for quite some time now. I am thinking of shifting for following reasons:

1. Limited HD channels as being pointed out everywhere

2. They have quitely become expensive. I think they have highest charges for a second TV at Rs 200. They have recently, again sneakily, removed their HD subscription pack and are now charging a separate HD access charge. It has effectively meant a loss of channels for people like me who had taken that pack and had not taken, for e.g. English Movies pack

3. They recorder is pathetic. Keeps freezing and has to be rebooted, especially if you happen to be surfing while recording is on.

Anybody else thinking of such a move. Based on my research AirTel seems to be the best bet but the site is so confusing that it is difficult to get a clear picture of cost for the packages I want. Any help from an Airtel subscriber would be appreciated. I am looking for cost of following packages:

1. All Sports Channels (HD included)
2. All English Channels (MOvies and Entertainment)
3. English News & Business News
4. All Marathi
5. Discovery and Nat Geo

Thanks
Jayant

Hello..
Airtel dth is relatively good..
I haven't used others.. But the customer care ppl tend to get annoying..
Although it's very rare you'll call them..

I have a South basic pack which costs 175 rs per month

And additional English plus hd pack where I get movies now star movies zstudio hd and star world hd.. 62

And the infotainment hd for Rs. 51 with Nat Geo, history and discovery hd..

Sd channels most of them are available.. But travel and living mtv etc are not.. You have to subscribe again..

Most of the news channels are available.. Which one are u looking for specifically..

I hope I helped a bit

AirTel's package and pricing is really good, and the most important thing, picture quality, it's really good. The worst packaging and pricing I have seen is of Tata Sky, just ridiculous!

Hi All,
So after intense research I am completely confused as to which service to go for.
Intro - I have an HT setup already in place with Pana 42" HD TV, Denon 1911 AVR, Energy Take classic 5.1 speakers, PS3 & Media Player.
I was living very happily with this setup till now, but now that I have more members in the family I am under pressure to get a HD Cable connection.

Expectations from HD service provider is:
- cheaper cost (of course)!
- No hidden charges.
- Quality!
- If initial setup is good and no technical issues with the device/ connection then I could do with average customer care quality.
- 5.1 Audio if possible.
- No recorded feature required
Now the channels to be viewed are very few, few desi soaps, basic hindi english news, the whole HD package, Sports channels - NONE!, Infotainment - Yes, HD!

I started with Tata Sky HD which my brother uses but then I got iffed about their HD Access fee, which I think is not worth it. My A-la-carte channel cost is 350 and this fee is making it 450 per month. Also I believe TS HD is still not 5.1 HD Audio? Or is it?

Then I came across Videocon HD, I felt this is better than TS HD as it had more HD channels and was cheaper than TS and no access fee. Also supposedly #2 in the market. My A-la-carte channels would cost me 300 Rs here. Not sure if they have a mandatory minimum package requirement.

Third option I came across was Dish TV TruHD. I am very inclined towards getting this as their diwali offer is very good in terms of price.
- Also people have suggested the PQ of the SD channels is good.
- They lie about the many HD channels they have. They are actually upscaled SD channels. But I could live with it.

The one thing I am not able to find an answer on the internet or even with their pathetic customer care center is how many channels are "actually" 5.1 Audio enable?

CC guys go ahead and confidently blurt out, all HD channels are FULL HD AUDIO & Video channels, which I know if of course not the reality.

I am keen in watching movies and other HD channels in 5.1 Audio. That's my major interest.

Do you guys think its worth buying Dish TV for this very reason?
Or do you suggest if TS HD and videocon D2H don't have 5.1 Audio but its still better to go with them coz of the CC service and company reputation?

Please advise?

I think, with Tatasky, that most (HD) channels provide 5.1 sound. At least the movie channels and the English entertainment channels do. I believe that same is true with Videocon D2H and DishTV TruHD.

Tatasky is best with customer care but pricing is very high. DishTV price is also high.

I am happy with my Videocon HD. I have subscribed to South Silver and HD addon. The total rate is 350/- appx per month. The stb supports 5.1 audio through both hdmi and coaxial out. There is also a recording feature using the usb port.

For clarity sake I will mention the cost of the three contenders.

Tata Sky HD - 2000/- installation + 350 (ala carte) + 100 HD Access fee
- 2125/- from shopclues for Tatasky HD connection with 1 Month Free Supreme Sports Kids HD Pack

Videocon D2H - 2275/- from shopclues Videccon D2H HD Recording Box 2222 with one month free. Later on 300 Rs per month.

Dish TV - 4000/- Diwali Offer, with 3 months any HD pack + 400 Rs (equivalent to another month free) + 50Rs off on every 250/- spent for recharge. So every month 350/- for recharge.

I am happy with my Videocon HD. I have subscribed to South Silver and HD addon. The total rate is 350/- appx per month. The stb supports 5.1 audio through both hdmi and coaxial out. There is also a recording feature using the usb port.

Hi baijuxavior,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please confirm on which HD channels are specifically 5.1 in Videocon D2H. As that is what I am trying to compare.

Till now I was under the impression only Dish TV is 5.1. Isn't that so?

What about TS HD?

Could you please confirm on which HD channels are specifically 5.1 in Videocon D2H. As that is what I am trying to compare.

I know that the HD versions of Movies Now, Star Movies, NGC, Discovery, Star World via Videocon D2H cause the DD indicator on my AVR to light up. There probably are other DD channels too on Videocon D2H, these are what I am aware of.

Thanks Jsmithe!

I called their CC number and wanted to know what's the price of the HD DIGITAL STB with unlimited recording (white color) model 2222 as mentioned here Second from Right.

Surprisingly the sales didn't have any clues about this model. They were forcing to sell their DVR which I don't want.

Can you tell me if this option below is a good deal?

Videocon D2H Recording HD Box 2222

I could get it for 2075/- inclusive of installation, STB Dish remote etc, and one month HD pack subscription.

Thanks Jsmithe!

I called their CC number and wanted to know what's the price of the HD DIGITAL STB with unlimited recording (white color) model 2222 as mentioned here Second from Right.

Surprisingly the sales didn't have any clues about this model. They were forcing to sell their DVR which I don't want.

I could get it for 2075/- inclusive of installation, STB Dish remote etc, and one month HD pack subscription.

Videocon's dedicated DVR box comes with a 1TB HDD and IIRC allows you to record one channel while watching another (I could be wrong about this though. Do search through this forum).

On the 2222 box, for some channels the scheduled recording will continue while you watch other channels, but on some channels it does not work, requiring you to be on the same channel as the one you are recording.

You will have to connect external storage via the USB port and activate recording at Rs. 200 one time and thereafter at Rs. 30 per month.

I took the South HD Platinum pack with 2 months subscription at Rs. 3279 (incl. of installation, STB, dish etc.) online about a month ago so the price you are getting it at does look good.

I did not activate recording initially but opted for it only a couple of weeks ago and it works OK both for scheduled recording and on demand. Not that there is much worth recording on TV but it's for my folks.

Thanks Jsmithe!

That is a good price considering most of us spent 3.2K for it.

Today I enquired abt the same, was told 1900 for stb2222 box with 01 month

south HD pack.

There is an offer for 5220 for Diwali 01 year sub

for other regions its 6100, and no extra cinema channel

also some win a trip to LA.

Today I enquired abt the same, was told 1900 for stb2222 box with 01 month

south HD pack.

There is an offer for 5220 for Diwali 01 year sub

for other regions its 6100, and no extra cinema channel

also some win a trip to LA.

Get your visa ready. :)

There is a seller Videocon D2H (and apparently they are the company guys themselves) on Shopclues marketplace...

Not sure if it was a price error or they actually had the product at a selling price of 1700/-.
Yes selling price of 1700/- including installation and one month South Platinum HD pack (worth 480Rs).

I got a coupon code and got another 175 off and hence the final price I paid is 1525 :p

Now let's see if they honor the order.

Today the same product is being sold at 2181/- here

The company sellers have priced the same thing at 1900/- on their d2h buy online website. 1900/- including 1 month south platinum HD

Hi..
My views are go for either TATA Sky or Videocon D2h

TATA Sky service & quality are good ,but the pricing is high for packages..

Videocon D2h maximum HD channels are available than any other service provider ..good service,quality & reasonable pricing ... now they have updated their software and providing 5.1 surroung thro' HDMI or SPDIF port cables.. (since this is new ,only thing before installation you may need to cross check with their quality team)whether the STB is updated or not.Last month I've purchased the same and its working fine..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back