Platinam HD + New Connection =

5400) (Avg 250 / month only)
4. There is no other DTH provider

having this great plan (300+ channels)

for less money
5. More Sports & HD channels

Automatic Software update also :)...

Adds new features

Congrats mlingaswamy. Even i took Videocon (same package) recently for the same reasons and Im extremely happy with the video quality :clapping:
And guess what, yesterday i got a new firmware update which made the normal hd box a DVR box :yahoo: (by connecting a USB drive to it).

Congrats mlingaswamy. Even i took Videocon (same package) recently for the same reasons and Im extremely happy with the video quality :clapping:
And guess what, yesterday i got a new firmware update which made the normal hd box a DVR box :yahoo: (by connecting a USB drive to it).

I just checked online for the Videocon platinum HD package and it says Rs. 441/ month. Did you get any offers that you got it for 250/ month?

Videocon - Really Good to go - Price &

Quality

1. Registered on 5th Jan, Installed on

6th Jan itself
2. Clear Picture & Sound quality
3. Good package (1- year South

Platinam HD + New Connection =

5400) (Avg 250 / month only)
4. There is no other DTH provider

having this great plan (300+ channels)

for less money
5. More Sports & HD channels

Automatic Software update also :)...

Adds new features

I just checked online for the Videocon platinum HD package and it says Rs. 441/ month. Did you get any offers that you got it for 250/ month?

I wonder if this is a planned rollout to everyone with a non-DVR Videocon HD set top box or if it's just an accidental firmware update that Videocon will pull once they realize their mistake.

If this is indeed an intentional update this Videocon HD D2H plan is beginning to look like a suitable alternative to my current cable feed.

I wonder if this is a planned rollout to everyone with a non-DVR Videocon HD set top box or if it's just an accidental firmware update that Videocon will pull once they realize their mistake.

If this is indeed an intentional update this Videocon HD D2H plan is beginning to look like a suitable alternative to my current cable feed.

I think this feature was enabled even in DishTV last year whereby you can connect any external HDD and convert your set-top box into a DVR. Now Videocon also would have done the same. Anyhow this feature is not useful much as the recordings would be encrypted and you cannot play in any other player apart from the set-top box itself.

Thanks

encrypted recording is something that all DVR providers enforce for copyright issues, moroever this does not work for On Demand Movie Channels

You have to go for South Platinum HD Annual Package. On average, its Rs.250/month. On top of it, if u go for new connection, you get yebhi coupons worth Rs. 2250 also.

You have to go for South Platinum HD Annual Package. On average, its Rs.250/month. On top of it, if u go for new connection, you get yebhi coupons worth Rs. 2250 also.

Thanks for the information. Can you also provide more details like how much was the installation/activation charges and additional monthly fee for adding 2nd TV? We have one LED TV and another tube TV (old model). So we need HD for only one. Any suggestions?
Btw, we are located in Hyderabad.

Thanks for the information. Can you also provide more details like how much was the installation/activation charges and additional monthly fee for adding 2nd TV? We have one LED TV and another tube TV (old model). So we need HD for only one. Any suggestions?
Btw, we are located in Hyderabad.
Prices and deals vary from place to place and time to time. It will be best to contact Videocon for latest deals and prices.

Tatasky HD STB/DVR are superior to other DTH providers but for number of HD channels. The softaware is good and customer service is good. But it is like going to a restaurant with good ambiance excellent hospitality and comfortable sitting but with worst food. It is a blunder on their part for not having proper vision. I rate videocon D2h as the best though I am with TS (HDDVR)

Last edited:
I am also thinking of getting out of tata sky. Which provider has highest number of very good quality channels? Star Movies HD now has so much compression artifacts that it is a very bad experience watching movies on my projector.

Tatasky HD STB/DVR are superior to other DTH providers but for number of HD channels. The softaware is good and customer service is good. But it is like going to a restaurant with good ambiance excellent hospitality and comfortable sitting but with worst food. It is a blunder on their part for not having proper vision. I rate videocon D2h as the best though I am with TS (HDDVR)

Nice analogy. Agree 100%. Had been using TS for more than 2 years now. Only complaint only 12 HD channels against availability of 23. Videocon has 22.

I am also thinking of getting out of tata sky. Which provider has highest number of very good quality channels? Star Movies HD now has so much compression artifacts that it is a very bad experience watching movies on my projector.

You are right. Star Movies is actually DVD quality not 1080 BD quality. In fact, Star World is better as far as I have noticed. In fact same is with NatGeo HD, Discovery HD etc. It is just a tad better, kind of upscaled DVD PQ, definitely far away from 1080.

are there issues with the videocon d2h recorder? someone on this forum said that playing the recorded content is a pain as finding the exact programme-date file is a problem in videocon... is this tru??

are there issues with the videocon d2h recorder? someone on this forum said that playing the recorded content is a pain as finding the exact programme-date file is a problem in videocon... is this tru??

Guys, I'm struggling with the exact same issue... any inputs any regular DVR user???
THanks in advance...

# of HD channels = VD2H
service & ease of use = TS+HD

Everything else would depend on your choice of content & preferred cost of viewing.

Hi Guys,

Long time in the forum Guys.
Appreciate some feed back on the best DTH PROVIDER unbiased.

I agree with ECHO.

Recently I switched from TS to D2H as they failed live upto my expectation of providing more HD channels.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back