Strange problem with NAD C542 CDP

anm

Problem - if I skip a track, or directly want to play any track at random, it would keep hunting and would not play. It did play once this morning but that was an exception.
If I don't do that, CDs play fine, going to next track automatically.

Could it be a dirty lens issue or a bigger bug? I want to sell off this CDP but with this issue, I can not. All my equipment is currently black, with this being the exception of being in silver ;) looking a little odd in the rack.

Problem - if I skip a track, or directly want to play any track at random, it would keep hunting and would not play. It did play once this morning but that was an exception.
If I don't do that, CDs play fine, going to next track automatically.

Could it be a dirty lens issue or a bigger bug? I want to sell off this CDP but with this issue, I can not. All my equipment is currently black, with this being the exception of being in silver ;) looking a little odd in the rack.

Looks like a case of ageing lens. AFAIK C542 uses a Sony lens.

Regards

Vasu

I will try a lens cleaning disk then. I am out for a vacation right now :) after putting in several weekends at work.
Will have to put in several weekends once I am back, again!

Never use a lens cleaning disc. Take it to Lakozy and see if they can fix this. I used this CDP before , i had few problems with his CDP, its because of a diode or something like that. change it and you are done.

regards

Back